All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
Wouldn't be taking this lightly .

Agreed, despite 93 point margin last weekend, Giants start as underdogs. Melbourne beat them late last year @theG in a disappointing effort not dissimilar to the Hawthorn one of 2 weeks ago. A win on the weekend would be as good as the win at Geelong from Round 3.

Smartest Brain

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Agreed, despite 93 point margin last weekend, Giants start as underdogs. Melbourne beat them late last year @theG in a disappointing effort not dissimilar to the Hawthorn one of 2 weeks ago. A win on the weekend would be as good as the win at Geelong from Round 3.

Yep not confident at all but in theory we should win this one if we have any hope of being top 4 end of the year.

Without Scully in the team maybe Melbourne will have less to play for in this game and we give them another belting, fingers crossed.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Lots of ins again
Screenshot_20190523-182340_AFL.jpeg

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
No real surprises in the 26 and it is a hard team to break into this year and players will really need to string together several strong performances in the reserves to break in, Shipley with a monster game cant even make the emergencies but hopefully he backs up v Brisbane in the NEAFL this weekend. Like most hoping Coniglio proves his fitness for this game and it could be the only change and Cumming and Hately will need to wait another week

Unsure at this stage but it looks like Keeffe, Hately, Simpson, Cumming is the classic defenders, mid, ruck, forward emergency set so maybe only the one change - possibly a second if Hately comes in to play off the backline like he did in his first two games.

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi guys good luck on the weekend. Anyone know the severity if williams injury? How long will he be out for.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Hi guys good luck on the weekend. Anyone know the severity if williams injury? How long will he be out for.
Leon Cameron stated in his presser that it was a 'minor hammy' & he'd 'definitely miss this week, and probably next week too'. The club has been very conservative with injuries this year, so I'd suggest 2 weeks minimum and perhaps a third.

Is Hately getting a game this week you reckon fellas?
To be honest, I think he'll miss. Most likely if Cogs is OK to play, it will be a straight swap in the line-up of Cogs for Zac; with Reid or Deledio to drop back into defence (and occasionally Lachie) I would opine. If Cogs isn't OK, then it's a toss up between he and Isaac Cumming for that HBF spot. That makes him a 40% chance of a 40% chance in my mind, so only about 16% likelihood!

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Pretty close to a best 22 and this team needs to get the win on Sunday in order for the team to be considered premiership threat, hopefully Coniglio is able to have a significant impact on the contest
Greene to spend more time in the middle again?
TOJ to benefit from getting the 3rd tall defender?
MDB to tag Oliver/Brayshaw/Other?
Lloyd being omitted is interesting as he seemed to play ok v the Blues and if Cameron hadnt burnt him when he was clean in on goal he would have stayed in IMO but it does show that performances will need to be every week for those fringe players to retain their place in the 22 and it could be a chance for the players to freshen up and work on some things with the coaches and I can see a few more calls like that leading into the bye
Looking forward to Cumming playing and hopefully he does enough to retain his spot and if Williams does miss the Suns game he will have another opportunity in seniors and to get used to the speed of the game

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
I hate it when your team doesn’t get challenged the week before an important game.
If the Dees show any heart it will come as a bit of a shock to the team.
I hope they’re focussed, put the foot on the throat, and take an early stance to shut up the nay-sayers.
18 losses at the G. Okay, but I’d that from the first year?
C’mon Giants!!! Come out strong and scare the sh!t out of the top of the table!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back