Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

It didn’t look like a cruciate mechanism to me. Maybe some bruising of his patella, they can swell up pretty quickly and get stiff as the knee cools down. I don’t think this is the end but we’ll have to wait and see.
The slapping of the lateral side of his knee had me thinking the same, initially, but the deformity that goes with a dislocated patella sticks out like dog’s balls.
Happy to hear your view on that TRS. When my boys and I were watching we were trying to speculate on the same and hoping our view that there didn't seem to be any great movement on the knee would translate to a "stable" injury for want of a better term. Good to hear someone who knows believing the news could be ok. I was interpreting his demeanour after the game and chat to Bux as being "lucky it's not serious I shat myself initially"

Have to say I loved his game up to that point. If we talk of a midfield of Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Wells, Beams, Adams and then leave the juniors to fight for spots it's another level of awesome. Saintly Viewed you must have loved his contribution.

Happy to hear your view on that TRS. When my boys and I were watching we were trying to speculate on the same and hoping our view that there didn't seem to be any great movement on the knee would translate to a "stable" injury for want of a better term. Good to hear someone who knows believing the news could be ok. I was interpreting his demeanour after the game and chat to Bux as being "lucky it's not serious I shat myself initially"

Have to say I loved his game up to that point. If we talk of a midfield of Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Wells, Beams, Adams and then leave the juniors to fight for spots it's another level of awesome. Saintly Viewed you must have loved his contribution.
Sublime.
Some of his ball handling (when others were laboured) and ball movement. Different level.

I so wish he could play out the year uninhibited. We’d really benefit.
But suspect we just won’t have that good fortune.

But it was wonderful the cameo.
Like when Keith Grieg used to play or Robert Flower.
They play with this grace. It’s a joyful watching brand of football.

The slapping of the lateral side of his knee had me thinking the same, initially, but the deformity that goes with a dislocated patella sticks out like dog’s balls.
That’s true. But I’ve dislocated both my left and right patella at different times, and it popped itself back in within a few seconds both times. Maybe that’s what happened with Wells and the reason that you can’t see it.

Tell you what though. It’s painful as hell and doesn’t take long for it to swell up to the point where you can’t help but limp. Didn’t quite see that with Wells, he seemed to be moving freely from what I saw.

Rumours of his death notwithstanding he seems to be explaining to Bucks here that it's just the downward impact, and even seems a little positive, so hopefully just bruising?

He's the one you'd take over JT into a GF.

That’s true. But I’ve dislocated both my left and right patella at different times, and it popped itself back in within a few seconds both times. Maybe that’s what happened with Wells and the reason that you can’t see it.

Tell you what though. It’s painful as hell and doesn’t take long for it to swell up to the point where you can’t help but limp. Didn’t quite see that with Wells, he seemed to be moving freely from what I saw.
That would certainly be a possibility, for sure. And you can see as he gets up and walks off, he keeps his left knee relatively straight, compared with the right side which is flexing naturally and looks freer in its movement. I would have a subluxed/momentarily dislocated patella *right* up there as a likely cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would certainly be a possibility, for sure. And you can see as he gets up and walks off, he keeps his left knee relatively straight, compared with the right side which is flexing naturally and looks freer in its movement. I would have a subluxed/momentarily dislocated patella *right* up there as a likely cause.

If it is a dislocated knee cap, that means still a tear or damage to the knee cartilage. So say a optimistic return time is 6 weeks, l would gather.

If it is a dislocated knee cap, that means still a tear or damage to the knee cartilage. So say a optimistic return time is 6 weeks, l would gather.
Not really, pretty sure Steve Johnson did the same in the PF of 2011 and didn’t miss a game. The “retinaculum” around the knee cap is susceptible in subluxation/dislocation of the patella but stability thereafter can vary considerably. Bone bruising often also occurs.

Talking about knees, when will the club confirm if Langdon is out for the season, or how long he is out for? Either way it sounds like he will be missing for a while. Could be another two names added to the LTI list.

Talking about knees, when will the club confirm if Langdon is out for the season, or how long he is out for? Either way it sounds like he will be missing for a while. Could be another two names added to the LTI list.
If he has a meniscus tear it will mean an arthroscope, so then the question is does he have a partial meniscectomy, where they trim/remove the torn portion of the meniscus, or do they attempt a repair where essentially they sew it together?

The recovery for the latter is longer. So we’re probably looking at a 4-6 week injury and not really LTI country.

If he has a meniscus tear it will mean an arthroscope, so then the question is does he have a partial meniscectomy, where they trim/remove the torn portion of the meniscus, or do they attempt a repair where essentially they sew it together?

The recovery for the latter is longer. So we’re probably looking at a 4-6 week injury and not really LTI country.

4 to 6 weeks sounds good to me, considering Tom Browne was reporting Langers could potentially be out for the season!

4 to 6 weeks sounds good to me, considering Tom Browne was reporting Langers could potentially be out for the season!
Well I hope that’s what we’re looking at, but the lack of news out of the club is concerning, and he hasn’t gone under the knife yet which makes me wonder if it is more complex than has been speculated to date.

It didn’t look like a cruciate mechanism to me. Maybe some bruising of his patella, they can swell up pretty quickly and get stiff as the knee cools down. I don’t think this is the end but we’ll have to wait and see.

This is positive. I hope it isn't anything serious and is just a 'scare'. It was an awkward fall. People will hang s**t on Wells injury history but the last two, the foot and the knee from last night, aren't repeat soft tissue issues. They seem unlucky to me rather than an issue with the body.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back