TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

If I'm honest Game of Thrones has never been nearly as good once the show runners no longer had the book material to work from but boy I was so so disappointed by last week.

It felt like a mix of Harry Potter meets Lord of the Rings and was full of the tropes Martin himself stated he wanted to subvert when he wrote GOT.
S8E4 was seriously bad. E3 was good but had holes you could drive a semi-trailer through. E2 had that nauseating Aladdin on dragons scene which made me wonder if the protagonists had forgotten what was coming for them. And why does no-one consult Bran on anything?

S8E4 was seriously bad. E3 was good but had holes you could drive a semi-trailer through. E2 had that nauseating Aladdin on dragons scene which made me wonder if the protagonists had forgotten what was coming for them. And why does no-one consult Bran on anything?

This rant video is hilarious and nails everything that was so wrong with episode 3.

As for Bran there is an excellent and well thought out fan theory that in fact he or the three eyed raven to be exact is the real big bad.

I wish this bloke was the show runner.

Last edited:
Do you feel Daenerys might yet end up as the mad Queen? 10/8/2017

I do and the fact she is so hell bent on Jon Snow bending the knee to her when in fact he is the rightful heir to the seven kingdoms as the son of Daenerys older brother might be enough to push her over the edge.

This feels like it's very much in play now.

We we're promised a bittersweet ending by the show runners but having read some potential spoilers for the final two episodes it all feels very depressing.

Whether the big twist is Daenery's becoming the mad Queen or something else one is coming in the next 2 episodes I'm sure.

This rant video is hilarious and nails everything that was so wrong with episode 3.

As for Bran there is an excellent and well thought out fan theory that in fact he or the three eyed raven to be exact is the real big bad.

I wish this bloke was the show runner.

Hmmmm, loved the breakdown of E3 but Bran simply can’t be the big bad. He’s tied to a theology which doesn’t hold universally, only in the North. Those who follow the faith of the Seven, or the Red God, or the Drowned God don’t give two *s about the 3ER.

Also, there simply isn’t time for a new big bad.

Jeez what a lame final season of GOT.
Really went downhill once they didn't have the book to follow.
As for the final episode, yawn.
They completed the series.
Whichever way they’d have gone, wouldn’t please someone.

It was what I was.
A very enjoyable 8 seasons.

Arya is such a boss!

Catch-22 on Stan,
Captain John Yossarian, a World War II bombardier, is stationed on the island of Pianosa. He is an individualist who seeks to protect his own life by fleeing to the hospital, since a "catch-22" in the Air Force regulations prevents him from being grounded for illness or obtaining a leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Catch-22 on Stan,
Captain John Yossarian, a World War II bombardier, is stationed on the island of Pianosa. He is an individualist who seeks to protect his own life by fleeing to the hospital, since a "catch-22" in the Air Force regulations prevents him from being grounded for illness or obtaining a leave.
Read the book already so looking forward to seeing this. Brilliantly written.

Read the book already so looking forward to seeing this. Brilliantly written.
Great book.

Loved it.

Major major major major.

The army only had one Major major major major.

Was a computer glitch whose sense of humour was as keen as the father in naming him.

But as the army only had one Major major major major, there was no way they’d ever do anything not to have
its one Major major major major.

And do it goes.

Jeez what a lame final season of GOT.
Really went downhill once they didn't have the book to follow.
As for the final episode, yawn.

What a tragedy that Benioff and Weiss have totally ruined Game of Thrones for me with this truly awful final season.

So now my watch is over and sadly I shall never watch it again.

What a tragedy that Benioff and Weiss have totally ruined Game of Thrones for me with this truly awful final season.

So now my watch is over and sadly I shall never watch it again.
A series that payed so much attention to detail and character development was ruined with a sloppy lazy "lets just make some schitt up and finish this" type final season.
Awful, awful, awful final season.

Great book.

Loved it.

Major major major major.

The army only had one Major major major major.

Was a computer glitch whose sense of humour was as keen as the father in naming him.

But as the army only had one Major major major major, there was no way they’d ever do anything not to have
its one Major major major major.

And do it goes.

That part of the series on Stan is Gold had me in stitches:)
Whats your name? It's Major he replies i think this was in the mess house as they got there food.

Alas i have never read the book.

Last edited:
A series that payed so much attention to detail and character development was ruined with a sloppy lazy "lets just make some schitt up and finish this" type final season.
Awful, awful, awful final season.

Yep.

As soon as they announced they were only committed to 13 episodes across the final two seasons HBO should have stepped in and removed dumb and dumber.

Clearly the were more interested in moving on to their next project in the Star Wars franchise.

I haven't even read the books and yet could quite easily identify the period from season 5 onward when they no longer had the rich source material to work from. Their original work was a poor copy in comparison.

Their downfall started with just awful dialogue that sounded like it was written by a couple of horny teenagers ("you want a good girl but you need the bad pussy") followed by the deletion of a book character and the shoehorning of Sansa into the Ramsay Bolton story arc which made no sense for her character IMO.

The whole Ramsay Bolton character I just hated as he felt one dimensional, a comic book villain without depth and it didn't feel true to the GOT world (at least in the television show). Sadly he was just the forerunner to the even worse character of Euron Greyjoy.

Fast forward to seasons 7 and 8 and the intrinsic world that had been developed for these fleshed out characters no longer felt the same, they writers no longer respected time and distance culminating in the ridiculous Gendry run to the wall, it all felt to rushed and this coupled with inferior writing talent lead to the disaster that was the final season.

I suggest you check out this excellent youtube site. They get it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sutrowatchtower

Whats your name? It's Major he replies i think this was in the mess house as they got there food.

“Major Major had been born too late and too mediocre. Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them. With Major Major it had been all three. Even among men lacking all distinction he inevitably stood out as a man lacking more distinction than all the rest, and people who met him were always impressed by how unimpressive he was.”

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.

"It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back