Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry for the typo. Agree about KB on mornings , miss Richo off to the races and Turfie only on a couple of times a week. Gullan definitely loves putting the boots in to SEN. GW should have been given Midday and Andy to the Arvos
Or if Whately had to be the mornings then KB at mid day could have worked.
He’d do fine in that slot.

The drive just doesn’t quite work. All the reasons as discussed in posts above.

Amazing how much Craig H has gutted SEN.

Last edited:

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
It’s probably manufactured controversy. Like when Doc cracked the ****s over having his iPad pinched and he left the show during it, and didn’t return for a while.

If it's true and his contract is up at the end of the year, the proof will be in the pudding.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Jack Heverin might be a nice bloke , but he lacks serious content . Taking over from Maher for the week one of his first part of the show was who has improved at your club this year after round 13 . I might be wrong but I reckon he's done this after about round 7 and then 10 approx. He is also good at the fake laugh when on with someone else.
I must admit the cricket commentators were better than having to listen to Michael Clarke and Slater , great players but terrible commentators.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Heverin might be a nice bloke , but he lacks serious content . Taking over from Maher for the week one of his first part of the show was who has improved at your club this year after round 13 . I might be wrong but I reckon he's done this after about round 7 and then 10 approx. He is also good at the fake laugh when on with someone else.
I must admit the cricket commentators were better than having to listen to Michael Clarke and Slater , great players but terrible commentators.

He and thh station probably have done most improved. I have little doubt its happened. Its an easy topic for hosts to throw out. That or "where is your team at?". Endless possibilities open for talkback. Sit back as a host and listen.

spot on about the cricket - clarke and slater are horrible commentators.!

The station is getting a bit touchy over Kennett's comments.

hehehe

lol.

i like jeff. even when he was in politics he was victoria first and foremost. He was a big supporter of multiculturalism and was very much anti hansonism.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The station is getting a bit touchy over Kennett's comments.

hehehe
ha ha. The elephant in the room (most security guards don't 'understand' the game because they're probably immigrants). I messaged SEN and 3aw over the weekend, daring someone to say it, but they didn't :p

Last edited:
What he said is not racist , it's true . The Indians are in everything , it's not racist it's true.

I don't think they are all indians from what i've seen and experienced.

The term newly arrived is interesting as it's based on skin colour and an assumption they've just arrived or are new immigrants. They may have been born here.

ha ha. Elephant in the room (most security guards don't 'understand' the game because they appear to be immigrants. I messaged SEN and 3aw over the weekend, daring someone to say it, but they didn't :p

Understanding the game.....why i wonder is it an issue now?

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't mind Slater too much, but I find Clarke hard to listen to. I reckon it's no coincidence that he was one of the few Ch 9 guys who wasn't immediately snapped up by Ch 7.
I found out only last night that ABC Grandstand Digital is taking the BBC commentary, which has Jonathan Agnew, Isha Guha, et al

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
He and thh station probably have done most improved. I have little doubt its happened. Its an easy topic for hosts to throw out. That or "where is your team at?". Endless possibilities open for talkback. Sit back as a host and listen.

spot on about the cricket - clarke and slater are horrible commentators.!
Yeah. But let's face it, the wider Melbourne public love this crap. It's been acknowledge on these threads to be the case. Footy is a safe option.

I mean, there could be a discussion about what type of cars should be the premier class of motorsport in Australia? Should it be a series trading off the outdated Ford v Holden rivalry, with an irrelevant engine (5 litre V8), the minority use of rear wheel drive, and a specially made race car that looks like the road going model, but isn't? Or should it be what the majority of what the wider public use, 2 litre front wheel drive cars that are at least 80% of what's on the road?

I actually reckon that could jag a few callers. But I can't imagine Gerard or anyone else going "Yeah, that'd be good. Let's talk about that!"

Yeah. But let's face it, the wider Melbourne public love this crap. It's been acknowledge on these threads to be the case. Footy is a safe option.

I mean, there could be a discussion about what type of cars should be the premier class of motorsport in Australia? Should it be a series trading off the outdated Ford v Holden rivalry, with an irrelevant engine (5 litre V8), the minority use of rear wheel drive, and a specially made race car that looks like the road going model, but isn't? Or should it be what the majority of what the wider public use, 2 litre front wheel drive cars that are at least 80% of what's on the road?

I actually reckon that could jag a few callers. But I can't imagine Gerard or anyone else going "Yeah, that'd be good. Let's talk about that!"
i like where your heads at

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
lol.

i like jeff. even when he was in politics he was victoria first and foremost. He was a big supporter of multiculturalism and was very much anti hansonism.
Yeah, except if you were interested in things like schools and hospitals.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
What he said is not racist , it's true . The Indians are in everything , it's not racist it's true.

The definition of racism is judging people on where they come from rather than who they are as people. He has made the judgement that these people just got here and don't know football because they are brown. He has never even met them. I don't think it could be any more clear cut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back