Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the 4 keeping him out of the top 5? He is easily top 5 imo. Just kicked 7 goals and has 12 in the last 3 weeks.

Oliver
Dunkley
Gresham
Fiorini
Hopper
Phillips

He’s put up those 12 against Us (2), Lions (3) & Dogs(7). Until he starts putting up good numbers against quality opposition I can’t have him in that top 5. Dogs give up big numbers to key forwards. Last game against WC they gave up 6 to Darling, 3 to Kennedy and 3 to Waterman. Dogs Key Defender stocks are deplorable

Apart from Dogs supporters one we can all agree we missed was Josh Dunkley. What a star! Love Clarry as a player but Dunkley is pushing him. I have him a clear number 2 right now.

Curnow a nice game tonight but needs to start putting together some consistency to be pushing into that top 5.
And its a tuff one, we could have had him if not for giving up our pick 11 for two early 20's picks to get Dunks and Collins, so essentially with Collins now gone it's Charlie for Dunks, and after tonight im not sure what would suit us best, prob Charlie

Silvagni is the most apt comparison.

Too small for key position.

Slow.

But good skills and footy smarts.

Francis is nothing like Curnow, Weideman or McKay.
He’s not a forward
Was ok in u18 years when he was one of the top 3 kids in the draft, but he was always better as a loose intercept defender

We are blessed that we can take time with him and build the fitness whilst Hurley and hooker are still top of their game and ambrose in stellar form

With Ridley, Francis and BZT coming through, we don’t need to draft defenders anytime soon.

Oliver
Dunkley
Gresham
Fiorini
Hopper
Phillips

He’s put up those 12 against Us (2), Lions (3) & Dogs(7). Until he starts putting up good numbers against quality opposition I can’t have him in that top 5. Dogs give up big numbers to key forwards. Last game against WC they gave up 6 to Darling, 3 to Kennedy and 3 to Waterman. Dogs Key Defender stocks are deplorable
He has had other big games - 5 against the reigning premiers last year. He is one of the most exciting young key forwards in the comp and I have him easily in the top 5.

Francis has played 1 good game and Ess posters wouldn’t swap him for anyone in this draft. Imagine if he ever kicked 7!!

He has had other big games - 5 against the reigning premiers last year. He is one of the most exciting young key forwards in the comp and I have him easily in the top 5.
He’s been very underwhelming all year, before last night most would agree he’s gone backwards since last year. After the Dogs game earlier in the year some Blues supporters came on here and said McKay was the best player from this draft and he’s been a bit underwhelming since without being terrible. When he puts some consistency together I’ll be a believer.

Parish has been outstanding the past 3 weeks but I still wouldn’t have him top 10 in this draft. Dunkley has been consistently great since about Round 15 last year, Clarry since 2017, they’re still head and shoulders above everyone else from this draft right now.

Silvagni is the most apt comparison.

Too small for key position.

Slow.

But good skills and footy smarts.

Francis is nothing like Curnow, Weideman or McKay.
Since when is 194cm too small for key position?

He’s been very underwhelming all year, before last night most would agree he’s gone backwards since last year. After the Dogs game earlier in the year some Blues supporters came on here and said McKay was the best player from this draft and he’s been a bit underwhelming since without being terrible. When he puts some consistency together I’ll be a believer.

Parish has been outstanding the past 3 weeks but I still wouldn’t have him top 10 in this draft. Dunkley has been consistently great since about Round 15 last year, Clarry since 2017, they’re still head and shoulders above everyone else from this draft right now.
Funny Naughton ranks so high in the other re-do thread but he has kicked the same amount of goals and has played 2 more games.

Funny Naughton ranks so high in the other re-do thread but he has kicked the same amount of goals and has played 2 more games.
I think what helps Naughton is being a swingman, since he did well in his first year playing as a key defender. Although I do agree, McKay should be right near the top of this one

Odd post. Naughton is nearly 3 years younger than Charlie. The things Naughton is doing as a 19 year old definitely warrants a top spot in that draft.

Odd post. Naughton is nearly 3 years younger than Charlie. The things Naughton is doing as a 19 year old definitely warrants a top spot in that draft.
He would be leading some teams goal kicking this year. Not bad after a slow start in the worst team in the comp. He just tore a game to shreads. Look at hype around Francis in the off season after one good game last year. If he did what Curnow did last night you would send big footy into melt down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be leading some teams goal kicking this year. Not bad after a slow start in the worst team in the comp. He just tore a game to shreads. Look at hype around Francis in the off season after one good game last year. If he did what Curnow did last night you would send big footy into melt down.

Very confusing posting today Bill, running with that logic shouldn’t you also be telling Carlton supporters to calm down on Curnow??

Moved on quickly from the odd Naughton comparison too I see. That was a doozy

Very confusing posting today Bill, running with that logic shouldn’t you also be telling Carlton supporters to calm down on Curnow??

Moved on quickly from the odd Naughton comparison too I see. That was a doozy
2 drafts apart - Curnow is out performing him as he should be.

Curnow has more than 1 good game. They should be excited about this kid. Francis is playing 2s.

2 drafts apart - Curnow is out performing him as he should be.

Curnow has more than 1 good game. They should be excited about this kid. Francis is playing 2s.

He’s had 1 good game this year and I’d argue he hasn’t really improved much in 2 years.

I rate Charlie as a player I have him in the 7-9 range of this draft which is looking like a good one. My main argument is last week nobody would’ve argued if I said Curnow was outside the top 5 now after 1 good game he’s the messiah again.

Also FYI in my preseason re draft I had Francis about 15 from memory so you’re preaching to the wrong bloke about Francis.

He’s had 1 good game this year and I’d argue he hasn’t really improved much in 2 years.

I rate Charlie as a player I have him in the 7-9 range of this draft which is looking like a good one. My main argument is last week nobody would’ve argued if I said Curnow was outside the top 5 now after 1 good game he’s the messiah again.

Also FYI in my preseason re draft I had Francis about 15 from memory so you’re preaching to the wrong bloke about Francis.
Go to the break out thread or your board. He was meant to be the big mover in 2019.

He was good last week as well. Looking at your forward line I’m not sure your taking 8 other players before picking Curnow.

Go to the break out thread or your board. He was meant to be the big mover in 2019.

He was good last week as well. Looking at your forward line I’m not sure your taking 8 other players before picking Curnow.

Him and Parish have probably swapped expectations in a sense. Given what Francis has gone through I’m happy with where he’s at.

Which of the ones I listed would you put Curnow above?

Before anyone gives Wild Bill too much credibility, just remember that not five pages ago he's quoted as saying Parish is "no good".

How good is here? Missed the game the other night - another 20 odd touches with little handballs that go about a meter and puts his team mates under greater pressure than he was? That good?

How good is here? Missed the game the other night - another 20 odd touches with little handballs that go about a meter and puts his team mates under greater pressure than he was? That good?
I guess you should watch the replay, then?

Not the first time you claim to have missed a game where an player you love to pot has played well.

Followed up with your ignorant and incorrect guess as to what may have happened based on your agenda.

You saw it, and you hate that he played well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back