Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t see any net gain from losing a player in the caliber of Breust plus a first round pick. Way overs imo. Breust is just a victim of awful ball movement atm. Right now, if he was at geelong, he’d be Top 5 in the Coleman race. Clarko, I don’t think, is going to back down from going for silverware in the next two years, especially with us trading in Wingard and Scully plus going for Cogs full tilt. It has to be a mix of our first and seconds for pick 1-2 and maybe trade out someone like smith to gain back that second rounder.
Plenty of ways to skin the cat!

Totally agree re Bruest. He and Gunston will benefit the most from getting more quality mids who can deliver the ball into the team. Smith , has been a champ, but I think if we could get something for him at his age I'd have a look at it.

Not advocating a trade. But watching tonight, and sure he had some 'suckers' moments biting off too much with his kicks, but ****, isn't he just the player we would love coming off the back half and wing. Such a penetrating kick.

Blokes like him and Bradley Hill are so well suited to todays game.
I know what you mean, but having Sicily on 1 side & Scrimshaw coming off the other side will more than cover us & they can both intercept mark.

We need a rebounding Back Pocket. Impey would perhaps be wasted as a BP, but someone with his pace & aggressive run to break & wreak havoc would be great. A David Wojinski (sp.) like rebounding speedster, but Impey can also tackle like a Boss.

I know what you mean, but having Sicily on 1 side & Scrimshaw coming off the other side will more than cover us & they can both intercept mark.

We need a rebounding Back Pocket. Impey would perhaps be wasted as a BP, but someone with his pace & aggressive run to break & wreak havoc would be great. A David Wojinski (sp.) like rebounding speedster, but Impey can also tackle like a Boss.
Connor Glass

Jiath. Coming soon in 2020. ;)

He might not be an A-grader or superstar but watching the Suns vs St Kilda game, Sam Day played as a key forward, second ruck and as a key defender. If he came cheap i hope he’s one player GW considers as a free agent.

PhatHQ You're trading Gunston for a 4 Pick upgrade (Pick 6 becomes Pick 2)???
Nah mate. I had a hypothetical to get pick 2 from GC with a future first & Gunston I think it was.
I’d have to go back & have another look.
I had Smith to the Bulldogs for the pick upgrade to get the second “must have” player

Last edited:
Gunston isn't the guy I'd want to be trading, he's probably got 5 years of pretty good footy left in him.

Absolutely.
Gunston has still got heaps of footy left & I dare say some really good football.

Gunston for 5 years & declining V possibly one of the better mids (Anderson) to come out of a draft either side of this year for the next decade. I’ll take that mid every time & still use this years first

That's worse!
😂
I didn’t think it was to bad if that future first was around pick 15.
I think looking at the points value it was pretty close.
Like I said I’d have to go back to the hypothetical as it had more to it than that. I’ll try to find it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I have been bored... & this probably won’t go down to well

Trade 1
Smith & pick 8 to WB for pick 5 & 43

Trade 2
Patton to Hawks for pick 43

Trade 3
Gunston & 2020 future first to GC for pick 2, 49 & Sam Day

Trade 4
Breust & pick 49 (Hawks from GC) to Melbourne,
Crouch & pick 39 (Melbourne) to Hawks,
future first (Melbourne) pick 21 (Melbourne) pick 48 (Hawks) to Adelaide

Out :
Smith
Breust
Gunston
2020 future first
Picks 43, 48 & 49

In:
Pick 2 (Anderson)
Pick 5 (Williams)
**pick 26 own pick**
Pick 39 (Maginnis)
Jonothan Patton
Sam Day
Brad Crouch

Hardwick Brand Frawley

Scrimshaw O’Brien Birchall*/Stratton

Henderson Mitchell Scully

Wingard Sicily Cogs

Impey Lewis Patton

McEvoy O’Meara Crouch

Worpel Shiels Cousins Burgoyne

Emg Day Anderson Moore

I’m probably no where near it with the trades but the team sheet looks pretty stacked in the midfield, solid defence & forward line that is more than a handful who should kick a winning score with better midfield supply.

Hate to see them go but we would be set if they do

Just bumping this one for Brant to look at.... then shoot more hole in the deal :(
Fire away mate :)

Does Anderson want to be at the Hawks?

If he isn’t concerned where he plays, and I have no idea on that btw, why would we not target Rowell, as the stand out, if we are trading up in the draft?

Fair point.

I guess it depends on who goes at 1 as to how the rest would play out

All saying Rowell is locked at 1 now.
I was hoping to see them play when they played Tassie a month or so ago, but they both played school footy that week. Instead, Bianco(?) had a cracker of a game and looked good racking up 40+ touches!

I get the romance with Anderson, but it really doesn’t matter if, god forbid, he’d rather be at St Kilda!

Rowell and Anderson are very different players, Rowell is your guaranteed surefire top 10 future mid, does everything right and will do it week in week out. Anderson is your explosive game changer, has a higher ceiling than Rowell, and potential to be one of the top 4-5 mids in the league. I personally think we need that explosive, big bodied game changer, forget the whole hawthorn connection, I think he’s a better fit for our team

What would it take to get that Burton guy & a young kid.... Duursma out of port?
Just looking at the game stats alone they are going ok.

Seriously though... if that trend continues for those two Chad will want to win a GF off his own boot to make it a worth while trade.

I’m not complaining & think there is a lot of water to go under the bridge yet but FM.... it’s going to be an up hill battle to prove this one right.

What would it take to get that Burton guy & a young kid.... Duursma out of port?
Just looking at the game stats alone they are going ok.

Seriously though... if that trend continues for those two Chad will want to win a GF off his own boot to make it a worth while trade.

I’m not complaining & think there is a lot of water to go under the bridge yet but FM.... it’s going to be an up hill battle to prove this one right.
Did you see Hogan getting stuck into Burton for hearing footsteps? That's why he's in Port colours.

Did you see Hogan getting stuck into Burton for hearing footsteps? That's why he's in Port colours.

No I missed the game mate. Purely looking at the stats to make that comment.
If he heard steps then he hasn’t progressed at all as there were many occasions where he had to go playing for Hawthorn & he didn’t.
Unfortunately not all guys have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back