Player fallout

Remove this Banner Ad

magpies2013

All Australian
Jan 1, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reported in today’s herald sun that there could be a big fallout within a team after a relationship break up.Believe it is Chloe and Steph

Yet we're both named in the VFLW tomorrow, on the same line (CHF, HF) none the less. Also there's precedent of teammates not getting along - eg. Tyson Edwards and Andrew McLeod didn't speak for years at Adelaide.

So either 1 of Molloy and Chiocchi would Leave?
Easy decision if it comes to it - Chiocci. A 30 year old medium (at best) talent vs a 20 year old top talent. Without wanting to fall for clickbait at a guess I assume the article is also eluding to other players taking sides.

What I have Heard Recently they have broke up but was Months Ago when it Happened.

HS trying to make something out of nothing AGAIN

Agree I take Molloy to stay out of the 2

I've had the feeling from their insta's that they are no longer dating. A shame, they were cute. But I doubt that should affect the team or anything.

Does not look like it.

Hopefully they still can get along enough that there be no Issues at the Club and be Profesinalls

Was this the social gossip section or the sporting section of the H/S?

This stuff never makes it to the sporting pages - if it has made it in there this time, it’s probably because somebody in clubland wants it out. Maybe soften fans up for a trade?

Last edited:
I've had the feeling from their insta's that they are no longer dating. A shame, they were cute. But I doubt that should affect the team or anything.

See, this is why I need to get Twitter and Instagram... I had no idea they were an item...

Was this the social gossip section or the sporting section of the H/S?

This stuff never makes it to the sporting pages - if it has made it in there this time, it’s probably because somebody in clubland wants it out. Maybe soften fans up for a trade?

Why wait now instead of Before the Trade Period?

There has been some cases in women's footy (more at state league/community level) where teams have suffered due to a break up (team splits with a chunk of players leaving), but in most cases it doesn't effect the team.

*if* this is in regards to Steph and Chloe no longer being a couple, years prior Steph and Katie Loynes were a couple at Diamond Creek, they discontinued their relationship and it didn't effect the team (they'd go on to play in the 2017 VFLW Grand Final).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet we're both named in the VFLW tomorrow, on the same line (CHF, HF) none the less. Also there's precedent of teammates not getting along - eg. Tyson Edwards and Andrew McLeod didn't speak for years at Adelaide.

Don Scott and Leigh Matthews didn’t talk in the centre square or anywhere for that matter.

I’ve heard Leigh mention it, simply said, we played well together but we didn’t have anything to talk about. So we didn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back