List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite possible.

What doesn't add up for me is that even with new assistants, of which one would be welcomed as head coach, no one has said he's our man. Let's give him a go.

He's either very limited or we have Charles, Wonder and blind Freddy coaching the team.

They aren't coming in and telling the existing coach all his players are in the wrong spots. I hope Richo is forced to try him and it works out. He's a unique cat and has traits that make him really good to watch. Listening to Dermot say what Blake should have done made me think it's bizarre that he's not learnt leading patterns but then quickly change to thinking that Dermot was like a Victorian era landscape painter telling Jackson Pollock that his work was s**t. Spermot was another era, goats have no boundaries or rules. Let the creators create.

Quite possible.

What doesn't add up for me is that even with new assistants, of which one would be welcomed as head coach, no one has said he's our man. Let's give him a go.

He's either very limited or we have Charles, Wonder and blind Freddy coaching the team.
Pretty sure Freddy is currently employed by the club but in talent identification
Seeing is believing

They aren't coming in and telling the existing coach all his players are in the wrong spots. I hope Richo is forced to try him and it works out. He's a unique cat and has traits that make him really good to watch. Listening to Dermot say what Blake should have done made me think it's bizarre that he's not learnt leading patterns but then quickly change to thinking that Dermot was like a Victorian era landscape painter telling Jackson Pollock that his work was ****. Spermot was another era, goats have no boundaries or rules. Let the creators create.
No they wouldn't but it's a collaborative approach.

Ratts wanted Kent in the team. He got it. And I.might add that your mate is getting better. Just needs to nail his shots.

So why wouldn't Lade turn around and demand that Blake plays in the middle?

I'd be more thannhappy to see him.run up and down the wing every week TBH.

Which is pretty much part of the midfield.

I think pluggs has a point when he says none of our other mids are good enough to rest forward, so Blake gets stuck there... A victim.of his own versatility.

IMO he will be the next Cripps as much as Sippa was the next BJ.

They aren't coming in and telling the existing coach all his players are in the wrong spots. I hope Richo is forced to try him and it works out. He's a unique cat and has traits that make him really good to watch. Listening to Dermot say what Blake should have done made me think it's bizarre that he's not learnt leading patterns but then quickly change to thinking that Dermot was like a Victorian era landscape painter telling Jackson Pollock that his work was ****. Spermot was another era, goats have no boundaries or rules. Let the creators create.
BTW I think that's the problem with the game in general. Too much system and defensive structures ahead of skill and flair.

It's not just us TBH.

Who would you suggest trading him for? Of the young Vic players there’s not much outside of Cerra & Brayshaw that interests me. I like Tucker for his skill & run but he’s yet another flanker. Acres has a point of difference not many on our list offer. He seems to be a barometer. I wouldn’t be parting with him easily.

Talk is that Acres will be traded to Feo for Ed Langdon.

And let the cobblers cobble.

Lyon hated Lynch. Even wrote an abusive note to John Peake for drafting him. I saw that note. If you weren't in Ross's harem you simply didn't get a go.

Is it true that when Cyril's name was brought up in pre draft discussions RTB said he didn't want the "fat, lazy campaigner" in his team?

Is it true that when Cyril's name was brought up in pre draft discussions RTB said he didn't want the "fat, lazy campaigner" in his team?

Didn't want him as indigenous players were a risk. I didn't hear RTB say that, but another recruiter made that very clear. When Raph Clarke was discussed a Few years earlier, there was a comment about the unreliability of indigenous players. A senior member of the panel remarked, "it's OK, like his brother, he's been raised like a white kid. " I s**t you not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets look forward, I had a good chat with Gubby a couple of weeks ago and whilst labelling us “a pretty average side” at the moment, he said in two years time we will be flying.

Any sense he has something brewing? I am sure we didn't bring him in just for his charm and good looks

The improvement from within, topped up by some classy acquisitions via Gubby should see us right. Richo won't be there either which should unlock a lot of the potential that is there now. Reasons to be cheerful, part three, is on its way.
I think people underestimate how much natural growth we have in our core group. We have 18 players on our list born 1994 and 1996 that will be hitting their peak in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back