Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

didn't start it, only heard it. Heard it about 5th hand, so not running with it yet

But I reckon a few on here will no if the info is correct weight and I'll wait on there comments

Watched the 2nd half at the panthers vs vultures game today ,,, was a scrappy game with no real highlights ...Panthers were always going to win . a big crowd in attendence ,, reckon about 900 to 1000.

Watched the 2nd half at the panthers vs vultures game today ,,, was a scrappy game with no real highlights ...Panthers were always going to win . a big crowd in attendence ,, reckon about 900 to 1000.

Reserves game under dim lights with Guernseys that were a bit hard to tell apart

I went to Panthers vs Vultures on Saturday, how did thos ejumpers get approved? One of the worst clashes I've seen and how bad are the Morningside lights? I wouldn't let u10s play under those desk lamps.

Blockers young fella kicking a handful at least, very nice kicking action - effortless to kick it over the umpires hat from outside 50 from set shots.

Went and watched Palmy vs Grange on Saturday - Grange did well against the top side.... Was one interesting incident in what appeared to be an eye gouge by a PB player.... be interesting to see if player was reported.

Name and shame champ. Don’t start rumours.

Morningside breached the cap a few weeks ago allegedly. Heard it from enough people in the last 7 days for it to be true. Then attended the game on the weekend and just dropped it into general conversation and 2 people from Morningside confirmed it to be true.

Wouldn't want to miss finals and have Morningside take your spot by 1 win after it went unpunished. I guess the benchmark is set now !

Morningside breached the cap a few weeks ago allegedly. Heard it from enough people in the last 7 days for it to be true. Then attended the game on the weekend and just dropped it into general conversation and 2 people from Morningside confirmed it to be true.

Wouldn't want to miss finals and have Morningside take your spot by 1 win after it went unpunished. I guess the benchmark is set now !
A significant fine was dished out apparently. When you loose your skipper prior to the game and replace him with a rookie which puts you over the points maybe the points system is flawed

A significant fine was dished out apparently. When you loose your skipper prior to the game and replace him with a rookie which puts you over the points maybe the points system is flawed

Rookies from academy 17 and 18 year olds are 3 points if they have played a senior game somewhere else prior. Not good for them, they will get squeezed to the 2’s if they are with one of the top clubs even if in best 22 in some cases.

Will change next year I’m sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, only 3 pointers if they have played more senior footy than reserves footy in the previous season at another club.

I'm lead to believe the player in question in this case was an ex senior player from Yeronga who was actively recruited and everyone would have known absolutely that the player in question is a 3 pointer. Div 1 senior player being a 3 pointer is not exactly beyond the realms of where it should be?

When you've loaded up on 5 or 6 NEAFL guys who are 5 pointers, you'd think you;'d keep a close eye on your total points each week.

Rookies from acadamies etc are not 3 pointers if they have played a senior game. This rule is in place to stop clubs like the one in question loading up on community club talent, a northside club now going a step further and grabbing them early in 12's and 14's so they are all 1 pointers! (Strategic!)

No, only 3 pointers if they have played more senior footy than reserves footy in the previous season at another club.

I'm lead to believe the player in question in this case was an ex senior player from Yeronga who was actively recruited and everyone would have known absolutely that the player in question is a 3 pointer. Div 1 senior player being a 3 pointer is not exactly beyond the realms of where it should be?

When you've loaded up on 5 or 6 NEAFL guys who are 5 pointers, you'd think you;'d keep a close eye on your total points each week.

Rookies from acadamies etc are not 3 pointers if they have played a senior game. This rule is in place to stop clubs like the one in question loading up on community club talent, a northside club now going a step further and grabbing them early in 12's and 14's so they are all 1 pointers! (Strategic!)

Grabbing 12's and 14's is an interesting way of putting it. I think the clubs they are grabbing them from would call it something else

Tiny slap on the wrist for the Brisbane club that has run the league for ever and will continue to... cheats.

This is the easiest aspect of monitoring that aflq can do. Restrict movement of juniors.

How can you do that? Kid moves to another part of town or has a bust up with the coach or parent has a disagreement with committee...

I don’t see that you can force people to stay at a club. You can however ban inducements and active recruitment until a certain age (17?). Hard to police but if all clubs are made aware then hopefully most will see the bigger picture and do the right thing.

And Gazza I heard the fine was definitely not a slap on the wrist. A pretty big whack for a club that traditionally isn’t flush with cash.

An appropriate penalty given the circumstances

How can you do that? Kid moves to another part of town or has a bust up with the coach or parent has a disagreement with committee...

I don’t see that you can force people to stay at a club. You can however ban inducements and active recruitment until a certain age (17?). Hard to police but if all clubs are made aware then hopefully most will see the bigger picture and do the right thing.
I was told that in Adelaide kids must play in postcode. Reckon it’s not a bad idea. Think movement bn clubs, esp for rep players, should be monitored and looked into if there is a significant pattern occurring.

Tiny slap on the wrist for the Brisbane club that has run the league for ever and will continue to... cheats.

Jealousy is a curse.

One would think a significant fine for an extremely late change is a fair punishment...

And Gazza I heard the fine was definitely not a slap on the wrist. A pretty big whack for a club that traditionally isn’t flush with cash.

An appropriate penalty given the circumstances

Really? Have you been down there? The place is hardly running on an oily rag. Reckon they would be more cashed up than any other club in Brisbane by a big margin.

I heard they didn't get any penalty, but if the penalty was a fine, anything less than 5 figures is a slapo on the wrist for that joint. Been doing dogy recrutiing for years and never been penalised, now its no surprise they are first one to breach the points cap.

Really? Have you been down there? The place is hardly running on an oily rag. Reckon they would be more cashed up than any other club in Brisbane by a big margin.

I heard they didn't get any penalty, but if the penalty was a fine, anything less than 5 figures is a slapo on the wrist for that joint. Been doing dogy recrutiing for years and never been penalised, now its no surprise they are first one to breach the points cap.

Whack. I’m no morningside supporter and agree they probably have more $$$ than other Brisbane QAFL clubs but my mail is they are comfortably under the salary cap and hardly rolling in the cash. Just because it’s an affluent area doesn’t make the club rich.

As for dodgy recruitment, what exactly are you referring to? A kid from Yeronga? No problem for targeting kids from lower leagues to try their hand at a higher level. And vice versa, ex qafl players dropping down a level at an appropriate time is ok too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back