Changes v pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Definately. Caleb does not have enough penetration in his kicking. This was highlighted last night during the last-quarter, when he lost possession at half-back while buggerising-around looking for the best option to launch the attack. This cost us a goal and kick-started a comeback which almost cost us the game! That being said, he was highly effective during the game while taking part in attacking passsages through the mid-field. I'd suggest playing him on the wing.

Read in the football record this weekend, that we are ranked 1 for scores conceded off a turnover, by some margin (the aim is to be 18th in this stat). I could count 3 howlers from the weekend, trying to exit F50. Not good enough!

Collingwood isn’t overly tall, so I think we match up on them well. Both midfields are strengths, with their ruck killing us in the first game in round 4. I think we need to start Trengove in the ruck, Cordy on Cox and Wood on DeGoey or Mihochek. English forward will create problems for Collingwood and Naughton could get on top also. Don’t know who comes in for Libba, maybe West to debut, I hope Gowers doesn’t replace Dale. I’d rather see Richards, Schache or West/Cavarra

I’m not one to put a line through a player after two games, but Gardiner needs to spend some time at Footscray. He’s looked well off the pace.

I agree that Cordy didn’t have the best game last night but wouldn’t drop him.

Wallis for Libba if he is fit.

I read that Schache took 8 marks and kicked a couple for Footscray, wouldn’t disagree with him coming back in.

Libba out, West in. Move Toby into the guts and play West up forward. Hope that Toby can get his act together and be the midfielder he was in 2018. Williams out and Duryea in to give us a bit more experience. Bailey Dale probably should be dropped but not sure who we replace him with. Perhaps one of Wallis, Gowers or Schache depending on Schache's form and whether or not the other two are fit.

Sweet hasn't got an AFL tank yet but right now English is our best no 2 forward, we simply have to find a way to get him there more. Do we roll the dice with Sweet even if he is raw and give him 50% ruck time?

We have no other defensive option to take Mason Cox other than Trengove who beat McKay last night.

Duryea simply has to come in.

Out - Dale, Gardner, Libba

In - Sweet, Duryea, Richards

Dickson on thin ice. I don't think Gowers is fit.

I agree with this but just a point re: Dickson.

He’s not the player he was in 2015-16 and it’s more than likely his last season but if he’s still good for a couple of goals a game I’m fine with him being in.

Also I’d prefer a near cooked Dickson in the side over Gowers.

It’s weird, even though the dogs won I think they’d still need to do 4-5 changes, anyway:
Out- Dale, Williams, Gardner, libba and Dickson

In- Duryea, Schache, Young and West. The last spot could go to either Hayes, Richards or Cavarra.

Geez our next three weeks is brutal fixture wise.

Looking ahead for the rest of the season, and probably odds of a positive result us/them

Collingwood - Home - 30/70 - Can compete with their midfield. Will English show he las learnt and grown since that record hiding vs Grundy last time?
Port Adelaide - Away - 20/80 - Power whilst mid table, have a bit of class. Our midfield matches up. If home, a chance. Being away, Power comfortably
Geelong - Home - 30-70 - We have the tendency to push Geelong for most the game, but have a feeling they will do it easier this time around
Melbourne - Home - 55/45 - Melbourne from top 4 to bottom 4, a chance to beat a team without confidence, but they have played well vs us recently
St. Kilda - Away - 55/45 - Saints inconsistent like us, and lack damaging tall players. We should win this one in the middle
Fremantle - Home - 40/60 - Fremantle have the pace to wreck us on the outside and in the middle. They will be favorites, but we should push them a bit
Brisbane - Away - 35/65 - We beat them last time, but teams seldom win away, and Lions are a solid team on the rise, they will do better than last time
Essendon - Home - 55/45 - Their midfield is one dimensional, favorable battle. Will come down to our terrible defence vs their forwards
Giants - Away - 10/90 - Yeah look, will be ugly, plan a weekend away fishing unless you enjoy watching massacres, then skip the gore sites and watch this
Adelaide - Home - 25/75 - Adelaide potentially with a top 4 spot on the line, will be too strong in the forward and back lines. See us struggling to kick goals

Honestly, a tough run home. Have to play the entire top 4. Not likely to win any of them, but all I want to see is us put up a fight, and not be smashed by 10 goals. If we can avoid those, we have improved in being competitive and in games more, on last season regardless the win/loss ratio.

Will go in as slight favorites or 50/50 vs Essendon, Melbourne, Saints, whilst Fremantle will be solid favorites, at home should make it closer than when we play them away. On form we will probably drop one of those could win games, then again we have pulled upset wins out of our ass in time as well. 2-4more wins for the season it looks like at this stage, I'm tipping 3.

Probably have the hardest run home of all teams, if not close to. Happy to be on the good side of being wrong, and hoping that is the case here.

I’m not one to put a line through a player after two games, but Gardiner needs to spend some time at Footscray. He’s looked well off the pace.

I agree that Cordy didn’t have the best game last night but wouldn’t drop him.

Wallis for Libba if he is fit.

I read that Schache took 8 marks and kicked a couple for Footscray, wouldn’t disagree with him coming back in.
16 possessions 8 marks 2.2 and had 4 tackles

West had 15 5 tackles and kicked 2 50metre goals on the run

Richards had 15 possessions and 8 tackles. Kicked 2 behinds

Duryea had 24 possessions 4 tackles and a goal. Was good

Geez our next three weeks is brutal fixture wise.

Looking ahead for the rest of the season, and probably odds of a positive result us/them

Collingwood - Home - 30/70 - Can compete with their midfield. Will English show he las learnt and grown since that record hiding vs Grundy last time?
Port Adelaide - Away - 20/80 - Power whilst mid table, have a bit of class. Our midfield matches up. If home, a chance. Being away, Power comfortably
Geelong - Home - 30-70 - We have the tendency to push Geelong for most the game, but have a feeling they will do it easier this time around
Melbourne - Home - 55/45 - Melbourne from top 4 to bottom 4, a chance to beat a team without confidence, but they have played well vs us recently
St. Kilda - Away - 55/45 - Saints inconsistent like us, and lack damaging tall players. We should win this one in the middle
Fremantle - Home - 40/60 - Fremantle have the pace to wreck us on the outside and in the middle. They will be favorites, but we should push them a bit
Brisbane - Away - 35/65 - We beat them last time, but teams seldom win away, and Lions are a solid team on the rise, they will do better than last time
Essendon - Home - 55/45 - Their midfield is one dimensional, favorable battle. Will come down to our terrible defence vs their forwards
Giants - Away - 10/90 - Yeah look, will be ugly, plan a weekend away fishing unless you enjoy watching massacres, then skip the gore sites and watch this
Adelaide - Home - 25/75 - Adelaide potentially with a top 4 spot on the line, will be too strong in the forward and back lines. See us struggling to kick goals

Honestly, a tough run home. Have to play the entire top 4. Not likely to win any of them, but all I want to see is us put up a fight, and not be smashed by 10 goals. If we can avoid those, we have improved in being competitive and in games more, on last season regardless the win/loss ratio.

Will go in as slight favorites or 50/50 vs Essendon, Melbourne, Saints, whilst Fremantle will be solid favorites, at home should make it closer than when we play them away. On form we will probably drop one of those could win games, then again we have pulled upset wins out of our ass in time as well. 2-4more wins for the season it looks like at this stage, I'm tipping 3.

Probably have the hardest run home of all teams, if not close to. Happy to be on the good side of being wrong, and hoping that is the case here.
Adelaide is 50/50 And we are favourites at the moment against freo

All the blokes that wanted Gardner in the draft. Do you still like him and think he should be picked over Schache. Also lewis Young has to play. Cordy gets beaten week in week out with deplorable skills yet keeps getting picked again and again.
Schache has to play CHF the rest of the Season and Young has to play back the rest of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the blokes that wanted Gardner in the draft. Do you still like him and think he should be picked over Schache. Also lewis Young has to play. Cordy gets beaten week in week out with deplorable skills yet keeps getting picked again and again.
Schache has to play CHF the rest of the Season and Young has to play back the rest of the season.

Still think it was the right call at the time, but yeah he's been horrid. I'd give Garnder one more game just to see if he's trying to work it out at this level. No reason Schache can't play as well. Wasn't it a huge thing on this board that Schache is more like a tall flanker than a genuine KPF? Naughton on Roughead, Garnder a defensive role on Moore, Schache gets a mismatch and might actually win a few one on ones that way.

Could we bring in two talls for Libba and Gardner? Shack and Lewis Young. Back Toby to fill some midfield minutes. I know with Libba down we should go for a small like West or Hayes but I wouldn't mind seeing how we go bringing in 2 talls.

Out:
Gardner - just don’t see it but watch Beveridge be stubborn and keep playing him.
Dale - useless, thought he could be a good player but does nothing without the ball not a single defensive bone in his body.
Williams - just not performing, hasn’t reached the heights of last year and duryea is ready.
Libba - injured.

Lucky: Cordy has been woeful for a few weeks but this week should give him the perfect match up on miochek if he struggles again I hate to think what excuses will be used.

In:
Schache - have seen more than Gardner offers, uses the ball well and is a good set shot. 16 touches 8 marks 4 tackles and 2.2 is enough to come in.
Lewis young - give him the last half of the year as a key defender, we aren’t making finals and have a chance to find out what he’s got. Has been bossing the vfl all year.
Duryea - just plays off his vfl game and adds experience to the team.
Richards - time to bring him back in worked hard yesterday, which his 8 tackles shows.

Unlucky:west (close but not quite ready)

B: duryea young crozier
Hb: jj Cordy Daniel
C : lipinski Bont hunter
Hf: Lloyd Schache McLean
F: Dickson Naughton English
R: Trengove Dunkley Macrae
Int: wood suckling smith Richards

Richards did absolutely nothing to warrant promotion!!
Would be furious to see him get a game.

I did not expect Gardiner to get thrown straight in. Give him some time (VFL then AFL). Expecting him to walk in from a mid season draft and dominate was unfair and a testimate to our desperation and lack of faith in others.

I did not expect Gardiner to get thrown straight in. Give him some time (VFL then AFL). Expecting him to walk in from a mid season draft and dominate was unfair and a testimate to our desperation and lack of faith in others.
Gardner isn't a 18 yr old draftee, he has been playing VFL all yr at our club. How does he need time to settle in?

He’s been in the AFL system before. 3 years at Geelong.
Has also been in the VFL system for 4-5 years.

Not exactly fresh like a new 18 year old draftee.

I thought Williams had a good game :huh::huh:
He was ok for mine, serviceable, nothing worth noting either way, people focusing on the mistakes as if that is all he did. Very selective.

Bailey Dale played very poorly, but previously he has been crucified because he always has 0 tackles in games, one stat seems to be the defining reason for why he sucks. This week he had 3 tackles, more then the Bont who plays mid... crickets.

This probably won't happen, but move Daniel to the forward pocket where turnovers and lack of size will hurt less.

Out: Liberatore, Gardner, Dale

In: Duryea, Schache, Young

Remove this Banner Ad

Back