Preview Preview vs St Kilda, Saturday 22nd, 4:35PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

We need Zorko to step us. It is being harsh to say that as he is probably the best defensive mid in the competition but we need him to be his dangerous offensive self he has been in previous years. It feels like since we got Neale in, Zorko has thought great we got that offensive midfielder in l will transform myself into a defensive mid. But teams are starting to tag Neale and he needs help out there. We havent seen that game breaking zip out of the centre that much as has been seen in previous years.

For the future, we either need some younger midfielders to step up or trade in. Hopefully Berry and McCluggage go to the next level. Got high hopes for Starc

Watch the highlights of the Port Adelaide game and his amazing intercept marking efforts.

That game Walker was our second highest ranked player behind Lachie Neale. Walker had 23 disposals and 19 Marks! That night he basicallty saved us when we were under siege in defence. He had 9 Contested possessions and 11 intercept possessions. We need him in the side and in that form. Apart from Harris Andrews, we dont have a defender who can go close to those sort of numbers. If Robertson had those stats there would be a move on Big Footy to give him the Keys to the City and while Darcy Gardiner is an elite shut down defender, I would rate Walker higher as a CHB.

We needed his skill in the air against Carlton.

I like the idea of taking a single game and deeming their inclusion vital based off that - I expect no more criticism of Rayner given his one good game came three weeks more recently than that game against Port Adelaide. :D

On the counterpoint, if you look at Walker's game against Freo he was pretty poor and allowed multiple simple goals to his opponent by giving them a free run at the ball without imposing any body contact.

I think Walker is at his best when he doesn't have a man allowing him to rack up those kinds of numbers, but I'm not sure we can warrant that with the likes of Hodge, Rich and Witherden all down back. I'd expect Gardiner to go to whoever's their tallest KPF (probably Battle if they line up as named last week) and Andrews to play off their third tall.

Unless St Kilda names a taller side than last week, there's no need for Andrews to respect his opponent and hence he should be playing that role that Walker does best, except better IMO. If St Kilda does name two threatening talls up forward, then Walker would be a better inclusion as Gardiner and Andrews takes those two.

I just want to see the boys play to their potential. Going into the bye in the fashion we did has really squashed the optimism, need a good win to keep the season alive.

I'm a huge Rayner fan but even I think it's time to send him to the two's, give Keays or Wooller a run. Archie out. Would love Berry back if he's ready, I really think he has been the difference in our dip in form. Be good to see Answerth and Adams go for a run in the two's.

I like the idea of taking a single game and deeming their inclusion vital based off that - I expect no more criticism of Rayner given his one good game came three weeks more recently than that game against Port Adelaide. :D

On the counterpoint, if you look at Walker's game against Freo he was pretty poor and allowed multiple simple goals to his opponent by giving them a free run at the ball without imposing any body contact.

I think Walker is at his best when he doesn't have a man allowing him to rack up those kinds of numbers, but I'm not sure we can warrant that with the likes of Hodge, Rich and Witherden all down back. I'd expect Gardiner to go to whoever's their tallest KPF (probably Battle if they line up as named last week) and Andrews to play off their third tall.

Unless St Kilda names a taller side than last week, there's no need for Andrews to respect his opponent and hence he should be playing that role that Walker does best, except better IMO. If St Kilda does name two threatening talls up forward, then Walker would be a better inclusion as Gardiner and Andrews takes those two.
A thoughtful response. As always, once we get over the Thursday Night Selection Debate all any of us want is the side that is selected to absolutely shine in every position. We then start the Sunday Night Selection Dissection and on we go. None of this is a problem, it has always been thus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Mr. MM. How are you?

That's what I get for giving a short answer on the phone rather than explaining re Lady MacMum and her long suffering** Saint supporting husband!

**long suffering referring of course to his choice of team not his choice of partner ;)

How ironic the two posters who were most vocal about the 'clique' back in the day have now formed their own. Like sands through the hourglass...

O don’t think that’s correct. Sizematters was the leader on that board.

Yet SizeMatters does not seem to be in on the act.

I don't actually mind them riffing of eachother except that every time they do it a certain way I get mental pictures of B1 and B2 (and I really don't want to think about 3KZ is Football and Dylan12 in anything but their Lions gear (as opposed to their pajamas!)) o_O:sick::drunk::'(

3KZ and D12 you need to take this thing you have going private and get a room.

MFcBeT.gif

I really hope we can win this - our destiny is in our own hands here.. if the boys wanna play finals they need to show that they deserve to be there, starting this week!

Membrey, Gresham, Billings and Ross. Contain them and we win. Big O for Archie is a must. Rayner has to miss. To keep playing him is to pay lip service to the idea that you reward NEAFL form. I would be happy to see Wooller get a game based on his form over an extended period, and to see how he measures up. Couldn't offer less than Rayner. Bastinac is in a different position. He isn't the future, and he has used all his chips. I think the bye will give a couple of others a reprieve.

I'm for Rayner having a spell in the NEAFL although I wouldn't be surprised if he is retained, they may want to see if his form improves after a weeks spell, might come in refreshed and tear the game apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back