Religion Folau

Remove this Banner Ad

It's very debateable that he did, even in the hearing by RA it's doubtful they established that.
Well one would think, in any workplace really let alone as high a profile one as Rugby Australia, when theres a 'serious' HR issue such as an employee breaching the conduct policies of the organisation and bringing it into disrepute, there would have at least been meetings conducted and at the very minimum some kind of performance management report or minutes taken of said meeting for the record. But apparently there is no evidence that was or could be provided to the legal panel at the conduct hearing that this meeting ever occurred: no notes, no minutes, nor any emails summarising the actions or outcomes...not even any calendar entries in peoples outlook or diaries. Either RA have the most imcompetent HR and administration staff ever, or considering the denials from the Folau team this meeting had ever occurred in light of the absolute total lack of any evidence whatsoever it did you have to wonder if it did at all or it was just a desperate lie told to the media in the heat of the moment by a CEO under pressure to cover her arse

Well one would think, in any workplace really let alone as high a profile one as Rugby Australia, when theres a 'serious' HR issue such as an employee breaching the conduct policies of the organisation and bringing it into disrepute, there would have at least been meetings conducted and at the very minimum some kind of performance management report or minutes taken of said meeting for the record. But apparently there is no evidence that was or could be provided to the legal panel at the conduct hearing that this meeting ever occurred: no notes, no minutes, nor any emails summarising the actions or outcomes...not even any calendar entries in peoples outlook or diaries. Either RA have the most imcompetent HR and administration staff ever, or considering the denials from the Folau team this meeting had ever occurred in light of the absolute total lack of any evidence whatsoever it did you have to wonder if it did at all or it was just a desperate lie told to the media in the heat of the moment by a CEO under pressure to cover her arse

Absolutely phenomenally incisive post!

It's very debateable that he did, even in the hearing by RA it's doubtful they established that.
The three person independent panel concluded that he committed a high level breach of the employers code of conduct. After reading the code of conduct for myself, I don't see how they could have made any other conclusion.

It appears to be a logical and straightforward decision when you remove all the emotional reasoning about freedumb.

If you know something that I don't, by all means make a case for your argument.

The three person independent panel concluded that he committed a high level breach of the employers code of conduct. After reading the code of conduct for myself, I don't see how they could have made any other conclusion.

It appears to be a logical and straightforward decision when you remove all the emotional reasoning about freedumb.

If you know something that I don't, by all means make a case for your argument.

In order to commit "a high level breach of the employers code of conduct", "the employers code of conduct" must be a legally valid instrument of authority.

When it comes to religious freedoms, there are higher instruments of authority. Things like "the constitution".

Many folks appear to have issues with understanding the most basic fundamentals of the legal system.

In order to commit "a high level breach of the employers code of conduct", "the employers code of conduct" must be a legally valid instrument of authority.

When it comes to religious freedoms, there are higher instruments of authority. Things like "the constitution".

Many folks appear to have issues with understanding the most basic fundamentals of the legal system.
I'm using the same terminology as RA did in their media release.

Does your level of expertise in the matter surpass that of RA's legal team?

"An independent panel, having sat for 22 hours and heard testimony from several witnesses and reviewed over 1000 pages of evidence, determined that Israel’s conduct constituted a high-level breach of the Code of Conduct and ordered termination of his playing contract."
Rugby Australia statement

I'm using the same terminology as RA did in their media release.

Does your level of expertise in the matter surpass that of RA's legal team?

I don't know, but I am certain my "level of expertise" surpasses your primary school level comprehension of the legal system.

I don't know, but I am certain my "level of expertise" surpasses your primary school level comprehension of the legal system.
My comprehension of the legal system isn't pertinent to the post you responded to, given that my terminology came directly from RA's media release.

You have a fragile ego, champ.

My comprehension of the legal system isn't pertinent to the post you responded to, given that my terminology came directly from RA's media release.

Yes, you're quoting the same "authority" that got themselves in to this glorious :poo: storm. This is where your problem begins.

You have a fragile ego, champ.

It's actually a low tolerance for stupid people. It's a weakness of mine.

Keep digging Izzy, he's become emboldened.

What is she talking about that's actually what he said who is he deceiving?

“In today’s youths and everything, they are allowing young kids in primary school to be able to have the permission to change their gender if they want by taking away the permission of the parents,” Folau said in his Sunday sermon at The Truth of Jesus Christ Church in Kenthurst in Sydney’s outer northwest.

“Now they are trying to take control as a government to make those decisions for young kids who are basically 16 years old or young, they don’t even know what they are doing.

He's not the most eloquent fellow but that's pretty much what he said and what is going on, I doubt he differentiates between courts and government in his mind. Rightly so i'd say since laws change and looks like we are one law change away from children being able to access hormone therapy without parental consent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boogeyman of government crosses from politicians to courts and to bureaucracy in most peoples mind, saying government refers to all of the above including the opposition. Don't forget this is the government that legalised same sex marriage so i think there are a few concerns for people like Issy.

You cant contract your way around the law (my memory of contract law), in this case freedom of religion & if I understand correctly this is where this is going.
I understand from something I read the posts in question were on his Instagram account & Rugby is not discussed on that site, all religious stuff. Bit like a Church, a meeting of like minded souls, no one crying out for forgiveness for drunken fornicating with someone standing up down the back, last night, last week, last year ....

I understand from something I read the posts in question were on his Instagram account & Rugby is not discussed on that site, all religious stuff. Bit like a Church, a meeting of like minded souls, no one crying out for forgiveness for drunken fornicating with someone standing up down the back.

I've been right over his Instagram and he does have a mix of religion and rugby. He's also flogging kids books.

That would be our recently re-elected conservative government I assume. Someone should tell Issy that he hasn't much to worry about here.

You reckon he'd make a better fist of Get Up than Tony?

Got to smile over the Albo/Setka chatter, if Get Up didnt do such a good job Tony would be in there white-anting Scomorrow day in, day out.

I think Izzy's latest contribution has made it plain to everyone that if the lad had another brain it would be hopelessly lonely. Hope he wins his suit or finds another code prepared to indulge his imaginary friendship because he'll be stacking shelves at a Woolies somewhere in Sydney otherwise.
What did he do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back