ATP/WTA Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
s-Hertogenbosch

Traditionally my favourite players have done very well there (as far back as Rafter), so somewhere along the line I managed to learn it off by heart.

Thrilled for Thompson. As per usual, Week 1 grass perks up Aussie hopes, but after Barty's clay climax triumph we hardly need it this year lol.

He lost the final. Apparently had his chances in the first set. Great week for him. He's in the draw of a challenger this week too. Should be the last one for at least a few months...

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Ebden loses first round in Halle. His ranking has dropped down to 80 so really needs a few wins next week in Turkey or Wimbledon the week after to avoid dropping out of the top 100.

Ebden loses first round in Halle. His ranking has dropped down to 80 so really needs a few wins next week in Turkey or Wimbledon the week after to avoid dropping out of the top 100.

Got a 3rd rounder to defend at Wimby as well.

Been in pretty poor form and he still has a MS 1000 in Shanghai to defend later in the year.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Strange scheduling at Queens. Kyrgios or his opponent have to play their first and second round games today yet they are opening uo with a Doubles match on his court.

De Minaur is really struggling. I still think he over played and trained towards the end of last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Minaur is really struggling. I still think he over played and trained towards the end of last year.

Only saw the bit before the rain delay, he looked ok. But apparently he has been dealing with osteitis pubis the last couple of months. As a 19 year old, that's scary.

Kyrgios about to have another meltdown over a line call alert.....

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
So Kyrgios loses to FAA 7-5 in the third after sharing tie breaks. The last game was the only service break in the whole match.
More underhand serves. Injury time out. Spent a couple of the change of ends looking over the divide at the match on the next court. There's always something.

I think all Ash needs to do is make the final and she does get the number 1

She will fall 2 points short if she finishes runner up.

After Osaka bombed out in round 2 she will have 6377 ranking points.

If Barty makes the final but loses she will have 6375, if she wins the event 6540 points.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
So Kyrgios loses to FAA 7-5 in the third after sharing tie breaks. The last game was the only service break in the whole match.
More underhand serves. Injury time out. Spent a couple of the change of ends looking over the divide at the match on the next court. There's always something.

No shame in losing to this kid, he'll be top 5 in the world by the time he's 20.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
She will fall 2 points short if she finishes runner up.

After Osaka bombed out in round 2 she will have 6377 ranking points.

If Barty makes the final but loses she will have 6375, if she wins the event 6540 points.

If Barty wins she would then likely pull out of Eastbourne. If she doesn't play and loses her points from Eastbourne would she lose number one again before Wimbledon?!

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Kind of feel like the number one ranking would be more harm than help to Barty, heading into Wimbledon. She’s already going to be a top 2 seed (I think actually #1 after taking into account the grass formula), which is what counts.

Would rather she has minimal distractions to focus on the Channel Slam.

Ōsaka is stinky butts on grass, so chances are she gets to number one before the US summer hardcourts regardless.

If Barty wins she would then likely pull out of Eastbourne. If she doesn't play and loses her points from Eastbourne would she lose number one again before Wimbledon?!

No she would keep the ranking.

In fact if she loses (Right now on serve second set) she would only have to make the second round at Easbourne to be given the number 1 spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back