Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
few months ago i heard that he was a big chance of moving at the end of this year to take up a massive business role somewhere.

This boggles me - he hasn't exactly set the world on fire as AFL CEO, so why would someone want him in a massive role?!

NB: not a comment at you scooby.

My partner was raised at Vic Park so isn’t super-squeamish, but hasn’t been to a game this year at the MCG or Docklands where patrons nearby haven’t called security or come close to it, so before this reaction/overreaction from the authorities, something has changed in the crowds and not for the better.

Your partner may just be sitting in the vicinity of the "dramatically inclined" who have now been empowered with a vehicle to act out their neuroses. There's a hell of a lot of neurotics out there.

I'll tell you a certified fact that I have gleaned from all my years of going to the football, and that is that the snitch types at the football have consisitently been big mouthed smart arses who crapped their pants when things got taken up a gear.

In other words, cowards.

Last edited:

This boggles me - he hasn't exactly set the world on fire as AFL CEO, so why would someone want him in a massive role?!

NB: not a comment at you scooby.
Seems to fit with my experience since moving in to the business/vendor side of healthcare the last few years.... The more people stuff sonething up, the more promotions they seem to get.

The White collar world certainly is bizarre. If I coached a footy team the way management works we wouldn't know what ground we we're playing on, what time it started, if we need home or way shorts or who won the toss.

At times I can't believe how many of these companies have survived, but as a colleague said; just remember Rome was really built by those who had no idea what they were doing.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate the AFL have been dumb campaigners for the entire 29 years it's been a comp, what are you on about

I'm not denying any of that, and I can only assume that you agree with my premise by this response.

The "cult" of victimhood is not an overstatement. It's a "cult" in every sense.

The worst are the fence sitters who don’t say enough to tip over the stfu line. Mr Know it all from the * game was my most recent one who tip toed around publicly and politely critiquing every North players performance in a grating manner

It was the old saying grinners are winners that day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to lag the field umpires for offending me every 30 seconds.

.....ring, ring.........ring, ring..........ring.......click.............hello security?........ there's a man on the ground in a fluorescent green costume bearing the number XX and he's offending everyone in my vicinity...............could you kindly have security come and remove him from the ground? kthanxbai............click.

As a kid running the Terraces of the Suburban grounds I saw a lot worse than what is ever produced on social media these day and there in lies the difference
When you say there in lies the difference are you referring to the fact people now have the means to call out such bad behavior?

Just because people used to punch on on the "old days" doesn't make it ok to do it now. Its not acceptable and the attitude that it is ok is from stupid bullies like Tef. I continually point out when he is wrong and he resulted to asking for a fight. It a neanderthal mentality that should be called out. I've heard the Judd argument that Its ok to not be offended, but yelling abuse is offensive. Yelling abuse escalates to violence because of people like Tef. They think they are more manly because the want to fight, they think by punching someone it makes them right. It's this mentality that leads society to say: hey bud, you cant do that. Take a rest for a couple of years.

Crowd violence is happening and I don't want my kids to grow up thinking it's normal.

When you say there in lies the difference are you referring to the fact people now have the means to call out such bad behavior?

Just because people used to punch on on the "old days" doesn't make it ok to do it now. Its not acceptable and the attitude that it is ok is from stupid bullies like Tef. I continually point out when he is wrong and he resulted to asking for a fight. It a neanderthal mentality that should be called out. I've heard the Judd argument that Its ok to not be offended, but yelling abuse is offensive. Yelling abuse escalates to violence because of people like Tef. They think they are more manly because the want to fight, they think by punching someone it makes them right. It's this mentality that leads society to say: hey bud, you cant do that. Take a rest for a couple of years.

Crowd violence is happening and I don't want my kids to grow up thinking it's normal.

Wait...he legit asked you to fight him?

If it's happening doesn't that make it normal? Isn't your intent to blinker your child to human traits that you don't like? What if you taught them, via safe exposure say at the footy with you, that for some people it is normal but you and the society believe its objectionable and less effective than other behaviours? Untill there are no humans that behave in this "objectionable" way, your other option is treating objectional humans like a personal play thing and controling them with forms of "violence".

kangatime

The ability to film incidents anywhere in society (eg an example is road rage which has been around since 1910) makes the once invisible, now visible. It is good that it hopefully makes people more accountable but I draw the line on saying it is worse today than 1979 when my experience was that alcohol induced violence at the Footy was a guaranteed weekly viewing for a 11 year old

Last edited:

Mate, the world certainly wasn't perfect and there were plenty of things that could have changed for the better, but you can't tell me there isn't a MASSIVE overreaction these days with the change going way too far in many aspects of life. AFL as part of society is a good example of that. Was king hitting blokes on the field a good thing? Of course not! But is the softness we are now seeing good for the game?
Or the so called LT rule with sliding into Rohan's knee? The new rule as a result of that is absolute blight on the game!

This whole #metoo stuff is out of control

Last edited:
I blame John Howard, if he didn't let Pauline Hanson get away with her BS statement about being over run with Asians, Australian Society wouldn't be in the decline it is in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back