Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he is negotiating with Norf or through Pickering there is an argument he should be stood down.

as long as he does his job thats all that matters

he could be negotiating, lets not kid ourselves, same as we did with bud, hawks with Mitchell etc etc

i would guess pickering is pushing figures out to pressure sydney
John has a contract, bud, Mitchell did not. They all work for the afl, they know whats what except in buddy's case thats why the afl got shits and put the trade ban on, plan as day.

John has a contract, bud, Mitchell did not. They all work for the afl, they know whats what except in buddy's case thats why the afl got ****s and put the trade ban on, plan as day.

true, but you still aren't meant to talk to each other, they will if they want, or talk to his manager

usually once you hear north and a big deal you know it wont happen

horse might get some more $ from sydney

clarko hosed down north job completely, way more than longmire did interestingly enough

He clarified on Monday night he would sit down with Hawthorn higher-ups at that time, and if he felt he still had commitments to honour at the club, he would do so.
“(I won’t break a commitment), not until the contract ends. And then we’ll sit down and work out what’s the next year, or two years, or three years look like at that point in time,” Clarkson said.
“If I feel like I’ve made that commitment to a whole heap of people again, and the club sees fit that they want me to stay in the role, then I’ll make that commitment.
“But I’ll never walk away from it.”

Longmire

Asked directly if he had any interest in the North Melbourne job, Longmire said: "I'm not commenting on that job because as I've said a couple of weeks ago, I've got a job here and that's what I'm focused on

clarko hosed down north job completely, way more than longmire did interestingly enough

He clarified on Monday night he would sit down with Hawthorn higher-ups at that time, and if he felt he still had commitments to honour at the club, he would do so.
“(I won’t break a commitment), not until the contract ends. And then we’ll sit down and work out what’s the next year, or two years, or three years look like at that point in time,” Clarkson said.
“If I feel like I’ve made that commitment to a whole heap of people again, and the club sees fit that they want me to stay in the role, then I’ll make that commitment.

Longmire

Asked directly if he had any interest in the North Melbourne job, Longmire said: "I'm not commenting on that job because as I've said a couple of weeks ago, I've got a job here and that's what I'm focused on
Longmire has my full support and that of the Board

Unless you consider Alan Richardson a very successful coach you might want to rephrase that to "a very good apprenticeship under a very successful coach"

Was at Hawthorn though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longmire

Not that interesting IMO.

Fairly standard responses for their personalities. Clarkson loves the sound of his own voice, Horse enjoys leaving the media on 'seen.'

Last night Carey reportedly said Norf were offering between $1.6M to $1.8M pa for five years.

Bizarro. Watson and Lyon saying at even $1.5M pa the Swans would struggle to match. Longmire's presser yesterday was pretty funny. In his horse shoes I'd be galloping off to Norf, particularly given his performance at Sydney makes even a short term extension with us somewhat controversial.

Should he take up a contract with Norf with the sort of numbers discussed, Norf will inevitably exceed the 'soft salary cap' for footy departments. If that happens the lollies will have to pay a tax to the AFL. This is hilarious. Norf is already one of the most heavily subsidised clubs. Will the AFL increase their subsidy to the lollies to meet the 'tax' they would have to pay?

Not that interesting IMO.

Fairly standard responses for their personalities. Clarkson loves the sound of his own voice, Horse enjoys leaving the media on 'seen.'
I know Clarko you don't and he hates doing that stuff , so he doesn't like the sound of his own voice , but what else would we expect !

Although I think North would be crazy to spend that much

Well they have moved from failing to land a big fish player to trying to land the Big Clydesdale. Hope it happens. A win for Longmire and a win for us.

He's using this to get more money out of the Swans , as he hasn't ruled himself out . All others like Clarko have said no , he hasn't.

This seems right. Longmire has one year left and if North are gonna offer him huge money and a long-term deal, it gives him excellent leverage to get the Swans to up their offer to retain him.

Longmire is in such a strong bargaining position right now. He's got two teams who want him badly, both of which he has very close emotional ties to and would likely be happy at, and both of which are likely to offer him excellent terms on his next contract. Couldn't get much better for him.

Pickers on SEN now denying approaches from Norf. This is becoming very entertaining.

Pickering didn't "deny" anything.

He said he hadn't had any contact from North. Though he said - can't recall the exact words - he expected to hear from them soon.
He said he'd had general discussions with Swans but hadn't yet started any negotiations.

Those are pretty much the only facts of this story.

You can't help but admire the North strategy of trying to lure a contracted coach by a public campaign. It's worked so well for North on player trades.

Correct me if I'm wrong the only coach in recent years to have been recruited this way is Bomber Thompson, who'd made it clear to the Dons he wanted to move.

Freo snatched Lyon from the Saints by the unusual strategy keeping it a secret.

Longmire will now spend the next six months answering questions about his job future every time he goes to work. I bet he can't wait to work for the geniuses responsible for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back