QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing reports that beenleigh coach Cam has got the sack. Reliable sources. Anyone know what’s going on ?

Hahaha ... ask your "reliable sources" they should know.
First an attack on his young boys the other day, then a rumour about him by a "New account" from "reliable sources".
I wonder if Rocketrod86 can back up his claim. Would be VERY interesting to see who he and his sources are and what club they are at.

In all seriousness, Bond and Kenmore the front runners in div 2. I’ve seen what the buffs do on the big stage. They crumble

In all seriousness, Bond and Kenmore the front runners in div 2. I’ve seen what the buffs do on the big stage. They crumble

Beenleigh beat Bond early this year, as well as Bond and Park Ridge in last years finals.
Id say one loss to Park Ridge in a close GF is hardly anything to judge 'Big Stage Form'

Heard from 'reliable sources' say you crumble in the bed. To be fair my only reliable source is a homeless women from logan city who lives outside the STD clinic. Wouldn't think you would too many reliable sources in this situation.

I'd honestly say Bond and Beenleigh the clear front runners. Kenmore have done extremely well to turn it around from their abysmal 2018, but I feel that Bond and Beenleigh possess a little more of that premium talent at the top end of their lists.

Until beenleigh make the grand final and choke once again. Too many young kids that aren’t up to it, then had to go and poach players from springwood, mt gravatt and yeronga

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing a grand final doesn’t mean you choke. Park ridge were a class above last year.

You sure you don’t have beef with anyone at the club? already had someone like you on this forum potting clubs behind an internet username
They were not a class above. Beenleigh flogged them a few weeks before hand in the Semi’s. But as I said, choked when it mattered, even with the run of the umps

They were not a class above. Beenleigh flogged them a few weeks before hand in the Semi’s. But as I said, choked when it mattered, even with the run of the umps
Choked?? The semi was only the 2nd game the Pirates lost all year (from memory) and the umps didn't help anyone in the GF. Buffs haven't poached any players, the are seeing what Beenleigh is doing and want to be a part of it.

The drums are beating that although clubs asked to vote it appears AFLQ have the competitions sorted for next year.

Div 1 will be known as Premier Division and will be everyone this year less Burleigh. The other 2 spots to make it a 10 Team competition will be on application. League is hoping Bond and maybe Beenleigh put their hand up to be part of Premier Division.

Burleigh will join a Southside Competition which essentially is Div 2 currently. Not sure but I think Kenmore included as well along with Tweed side.

Then there will be a Northside Competition which essentially is Division 3 as it sits now but they are losing Division names and will be called Southern and Northern.

The clincher will be the salary cap and points system which I think will be introduced as well.

Currently the QAFL points system is 51. I think they are looking at setting the Premier Division at mid 40's and the above competitions at 38 points which will be brutal.

I looked at both Ipswich and Moorooka teams from last few weeks and Ipswich currently have a playing group 60+ and Moorooka are mid 40's so not sure how these clubs with no access to one point players will be competitive with 38 points or thereabouts as the cap?

Fun times ahead. I think most Div 2 and Div 3 clubs would struggle to get near 38 points but I may be wrong.

Not sure if this is push to get clubs introducing Youth Teams or fall by the way side. Certainly looks like trying to keep better players in QAFL and Premier Divisions?

Is there still promotion/relegation? If so will they combine both Northside/Southside into a combined finals comp to see who goes into the Premier Division?

The drums are beating that although clubs asked to vote it appears AFLQ have the competitions sorted for next year.

Div 1 will be known as Premier Division and will be everyone this year less Burleigh. The other 2 spots to make it a 10 Team competition will be on application. League is hoping Bond and maybe Beenleigh put their hand up to be part of Premier Division.

Burleigh will join a Southside Competition which essentially is Div 2 currently. Not sure but I think Kenmore included as well along with Tweed side.

Then there will be a Northside Competition which essentially is Division 3 as it sits now but they are losing Division names and will be called Southern and Northern.

The clincher will be the salary cap and points system which I think will be introduced as well.

Currently the QAFL points system is 51. I think they are looking at setting the Premier Division at mid 40's and the above competitions at 38 points which will be brutal.

I looked at both Ipswich and Moorooka teams from last few weeks and Ipswich currently have a playing group 60+ and Moorooka are mid 40's so not sure how these clubs with no access to one point players will be competitive with 38 points or thereabouts as the cap?

Fun times ahead. I think most Div 2 and Div 3 clubs would struggle to get near 38 points but I may be wrong.

Not sure if this is push to get clubs introducing Youth Teams or fall by the way side. Certainly looks like trying to keep better players in QAFL and Premier Divisions?
Are colts counted as juniors?
It Almost Kills any start up senior Club

Wow massive Changes for next year

My understanding:

7 points - been on an AFL list in the last 5 years
6 points - Played 5 or more senior games in WAFL, VFL, SANFL in any of the last 3 seasons
5 points - Played 5 or more senior games in NEAFL, O&M, EDFL etc (a bunch of other topline comps around the place)
4 points - Played Senior footy in a bunch of lower tier leagues, mainly Perth, Adelaide and Vic country leagues, plus Sydney premier, TSL, NTFL and QAFL
3 points - Played 5 or more senior games at a QFA or regional club in QLD in the past 3 years
2 points - transferred youth player who has played less than 5 senior games elsewhere
1 point - junior player who has played more than 40 games for the senior clubs affiliated junior/youth club

If you are a 1 pointer, you will always be a 1 pointer - regardless of whether you meet other criteria

If you transfer clubs within the same competition, you have 2 penalty points applied on top of whatever rating you already are

If you leave a club as a 2-3 pointer to test yourself at a higher level, you can come back to the same club and be rated the same points you were when you left.

There are years of service discounts, so if you've been at a club for 2 years, in your 3rd season you are discounted 1 point, then continue to be discounted for every year until you become a 1 pointer.

eg. Park Ridge with Overington, Rutledge etc, they would all be 4 pointers this year, but next season in their 3rd season they will be 3 pointers, if they stay.

So alot of clubs aren't in as much strife as they think they might be, as if they have a bunch of ex QAFL guys or interstate guys, they will be heavily discounted if they have all been there for a while (eg. Maroochydoore have lots of recruits, but most of them have been there 3 + years)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back