List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we should be going after Toby McLean from the bulldogs. Last year he was used as an inside mid and looked ready to break out but got pushed into the forward line this year with Libba and Wallis back. He will be 24 next year so still has a lot of good years left in him. I reckon he is gettable if we offered him a guaranteed midfield role along with getting to come to a bigger club that is in a premiership window.
Shocking skills and a massive ducker. No thanks.

Coniglio is worth the coin, the cap will keep going up and up. He’s one of the best mids going, if the saints can afford it why not.
I reckon the 1.4 mill. is just headline stuff. In reality. Definitely worth Dusty numbers ~ 1 million/year. Great player. Being in NSW I see Giants on TV every week. They churn through players but their list is great. Lids had a good one. Greene played more in the midfield . Then there's Taranto etc etc. It'd be nice to get some of the Giant's excess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely delist Aarts. Most pointless signing of all time.
Agree. We had an excess of that type before we signed him. If we lost Butler and him from the list we wouldn't notice. Watching CJ/Soldo/Chol out of their depths as ruck in the last few weeks makes me a bit nervous. Maybe lose Chol and try to pick up an older VFL ruckman.

Poster on the Bulldogs board reckons they are into Shai bolton as he isnt getting a game with us because he has told the club he wants out?
Doubt its true but has anyone heard anything?

I reckon the 1.4 mill. is just headline stuff. In reality. Definitely worth Dusty numbers ~ 1 million/year. Great player. Being in NSW I see Giants on TV every week. They churn through players but their list is great. Lids had a good one. Greene played more in the midfield . Then there's Taranto etc etc. It'd be nice to get some of the Giant's excess.
Yeah he has to be worth around that. They seem to be able to lose quality without it affecting them that much. Be good to pinch one quality player out of there.

Poster on the Bulldogs board reckons they are into Shai bolton as he isnt getting a game with us because he has told the club he wants out?
No chance he leaves us to play for another Victorian club. Dogs can f*** off anyway. Be happy we gave them Bongs.

I'd have a crack at Alex Keath.

Couldnt agree more I raised this last week. We have no backup at the moment for Rance and Astbury, Garth is looking like a third tall atm and no way long term he can handle the big 200cm Key forwards.

We already have Pickett, Ross, Stack and possiblly RCD that could add to the midfield next year, main issue for me with midfield is coaching. Even when we have Dusty, Cotch and Prestia in there we still get reamed.

So if we draft a KPD and trade for a big bodied mid we will get instant help in the mids, but probably means someone like Ross gets pushed out, and we wont have that KPD ready to be a solid AFL player until atleast 4 seasons. Astbury will be gone before then and if we have a couple of injuries again we are fooked.

Trade for a KPD now (Keith) and draft an allround mid with classy disposal with our first pick, someone like Zach Merret, would be the way I would go all day every day.

They were said to be keen on Stengle last year so wouldn't be surprised, any club looking for a small forward would be mad not to be looking at him, kids a freak, no doubt we wouldn't want to lose him but unless he signs by about round 20 I reckon he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back