No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
True, although I seem to remember a string of wins some time around September 2016...anyone remember what happened?

We lost last game and won four in a row, which historically is about our limit on games in a row. We will have to win 7 in a row to win flag, something we’ve never done in AFL era, only once in 1987 and amazingly in 1945-6! we had our greatest streaks of 8/9 games. In most of our successful years though, 4-5 in a row has been our sweet spot. So time for Bevo’s boys to create more history!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We lost last game and won four in a row, which historically is about our limit on games in a row. We will have to win 7 in a row to win flag, something we’ve never done in AFL era, only once in 1987 and amazingly in 1945-6! we had our greatest streaks of 8/9 games. In most of our successful years though, 4-5 in a row has been our sweet spot. So time for Bevo’s boys to create more history!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sandilands getting a farewell game this week against the Bombers. Great news for us, gives them something to play for.
He's coming up against probably the easiest possible opponent too (Zac Clarke). I have a feeling Freo could embarrass Essendon this week, although after what we did to them, it'd take a lot for next week to be anything other than an improvement

He's coming up against probably the easiest possible opponent too (Zac Clarke). I have a feeling Freo could embarrass Essendon this week, although after what we did to them, it'd take a lot for next week to be anything other than an improvement
They would know Clarke well, Stringer may miss, and between Fyfe and Mundy they should easily win the contested ball in the centre of the ground.
Freo cannot Freo this up, can they?

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Lions are will be nearly the worst team in AFL history to finish top 4-6

They have beaten one team in the top 8.

They will do a Melbourne and struggle next year because the AFL can’t give them another fixture like this years.

I actually hope they can pinch the flag I like the lions but imo they are miles off the Eagles and Tigers down here at the G

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

They will do a Melbourne and struggle next year because the AFL can’t give them another go tire like this years.

I actually hope they can pinch the flag I like the lions but imo they are miles off the Eagles and Lions down here at the G
I love your work MD but claiming the Lions are miles off the Lions is getting seriously meta

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

They will do a Melbourne and struggle next year because the AFL can’t give them another fixture like this years.

I actually hope they can pinch the flag I like the lions but imo they are miles off the Eagles and Tigers down here at the G
At least they beat Gold Coast MD and they have the "Brisbane Bontempelli" Mitch Robinson, I love the
way they play and their NEAFL side is undefeated.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
At least they beat Gold Coast MD and they have the "Brisbane Bontempelli" Mitch Robinson, I love the
way they play and their NEAFL side is undefeated.

True and they are good to watch but I just don’t think they are that good and can see them getting an absolute spanking in a final.

As I said I actually hope they win it but don’t think they are any chance at all, in fact I think we are more chance

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
True and they are good to watch but I just don’t think they are that good and can see them getting an absolute spanking in a final.

As I said I actually hope they win it but don’t think they are any chance at all, in fact I think we are more chance
Tend to agree, but that top four is tight home finals will be critical this year especially for
Brisbane and West Coast, time will tell.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tend to agree, but that top four is tight home finals will be critical this year especially for
Brisbane and West Coast, time will tell.

They can win at home with the roll they are on and the AFL will hand them favourable umpires but eventually they have to come to the G and I fear what the eagles or tigers would do to them.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They can win at home with the roll they are on and the AFL will hand them favourable umpires but eventually they have to come to the G and I fear what the eagles or tigers would do to them.
Tigers and Eagles are the big two, but Lions versus Cats is huge this week with the others playing each
other, massive week not just for us. Top four square dance where the two big cats could thrive.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Now I've heard it all.

According to one Essendon supporter on talkback radio this morning, their team "always loses to tall teams, like the tall Bulldogs". The same caller also went on to blame injuries, yadda yadda.

The reality was that Essendon lost the game in the midfield, where they were obliterated despite having all of their first choice starting mids available (Merrett, Shiel, Heppell, Clarke (tagging) with Stringer for an occasional burst before he blows up). The amount of scoring we achieved by transitioning the ball from one end to the other with no resistance from their midfield was ridiculous.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Just in case people weren't already aware that the AFL website and their journo's are inept. Apparently the best player of the modern era and arguably one of the greatest players of all time has been playing in the wrong position his entire career.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 3.08.27 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 3.08.27 pm.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 215

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Now I've heard it all.

According to one Essendon supporter on talkback radio this morning, their team "always loses to tall teams, like the tall Bulldogs". The same caller also went on to blame injuries, yadda yadda.

The reality was that Essendon lost the game in the midfield, where they were obliterated despite having all of their first choice starting mids available (Merrett, Shiel, Heppell, Clarke (tagging) with Stringer for an occasional burst before he blows up). The amount of scoring we achieved by transitioning the ball from one end to the other with no resistance from their midfield was ridiculous.

They copped it so lightly on all the monday night media shows. I can't recall one segment dedicated to breaking down the 3rd level vision, how it was 5v5 at half back, but by the time the ball was at half forward for us, merrett, heppell, shiel and the rest of them were 10-20 meters behind their opponents. This happened all game! Which show talked about it for more than 20 seconds? None, and I watched 360, otc, talking footy, footy classified.

Ordinary by Gil commenting on whether Coniglio is going to stay with the plastics or not - apparently he said he hopes he does! He didn't bother hoping they wouldn't pinch players of other clubs........

Ricky_Lake

Team Captain
Mar 19, 2008
western suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I said exactly the same thing to my mate a couple of weeks back. I heard Alister Lynch on SEN thisarvo say they have very little injuries aswell, but goodluck to them if they make it, lets just hope Adams doesnt get to play if they do.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Might not want to be relying on Collingwood beating Adelaide this week, best result is two wins to finish.

We can’t rely on a Collingwood win in either of the next two weeks.

We need two wins and we’re in I think. We’ll deserve it, will be on a roll and it’ll be an exciting finals series.

If we can’t beat giants this week we probably don’t deserve it anyway. People could point to how s**t other teams around us are but none of them lost to GC and Carlton.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

We need two wins and we’re in I think. We’ll deserve it, will be on a roll and it’ll be an exciting finals series.

If we can’t beat giants this week we probably don’t deserve it anyway. People could point to how s**t other teams around us are but none of them lost to GC and Carlton.
Factually incorrect ... Adelaide lost to carltank

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan

Yet most of the teams around us haven't beaten three of the top four.

People need to get over losing to Carlton and Gold Coast. Its not a sin to. Every team loses to bottom teams, sometimes more than once or twice at some point. People keep bringing it up. Its like your ex girlfriend, time to move the freak on

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yet most of the teams around us haven't beaten three of the top four.

People need to get over losing to Carlton and Gold Coast. Its not a sin to. Every team loses to bottom teams, sometimes more than once or twice at some point. People keep bringing it up. Its like your ex girlfriend, time to move the freak on
Need to get a big CHER sing-a-long happening: "If I could turn back time, if I could find a way" come to
think of it, it does not help much. What about a bit of OASIS "Don't look back in anger" forget it I am
just getting angry over the poor losses. Everything happens for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back