Review GBU vs Wobbles - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

If you go through all the games we won this year, genuinely believe we have not had a single decent win against an in form top 8 team without major injuries.

4 out of our 10 wins was against the Suns and the Saints. That in itself tells you just how lucky we have been to be sitting in 9th.

The gameplan devised by the coaching group is an absolute s-h-i-t show, slow ball movement, short chip kicking is death, Forwards playing ridiculously high up the ground.....how many times this season have the players taken the game on only to look up and see a forward line devoid of an option to kick to other than an oppo player. The bulk of this year's disappointing results is on the head of the coaching group....it's pretty obvious the players have absolutely no confidence in the gameplan. Run and gun is the go not slow possession football just waiting for a turnover to gift the oppo the ball, our current style is just so easy to break down.

I really hope this is the line in the sand where the club tells some individuals '' we gave you enough chances but you are no longer good enough''

lol right #boysclub
And that should start with the coaching group/selection committee.

Smashed and we laid 39 tackles, they had 48.

They had and extra 90 disposals.

So despite chasing them for the majority of the game, we didn’t even bother to tackle.

Putrid
Fun Fact: Matt Crouch is the number one for turnovers in the AFL

First game I've ever been to where I did not care that we lost. Seemed as though the crowd cared as much as the players. Could only laugh at how bad we played.

We are in for a world of hurt over the next 3-4 years at least. The club's total short sighted views on selection and list management has finally caught up with us this year and those responsible need to be sacked. Burton and Pyke should be top of the list but this weak club will not move either of them on.

Fog and ROB are literally the only players that excites me about our future. One was dropped for a dinosaur to get him to his 200 games and the other couldn't get a game till round 21. The fact that Jacobs started each quarter in the ruck while ROB was stuck on the bench just goes to show what a joke we are.

Waste of draft picks.
We are in for some real pain going forward. We need to turn over half our list of spuds and list cloggers....that'll take time.

There were a heap that simply gave up today....time for them to go
Don’t think there’ll be that much pain .... we have the basis of a good young spine

But it will depend on us making the hard trading calls .....That’s a pretty big ask IMO

Pyke obviously plays Mackay because he can't have those Jones efforts

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
After getting flogged in the middle all match by backing Crouches, Sloane & Gibbs in we finally throw Jones in there, proceed to win 3 clearances of which 2 ended in goals. Play him in the middle and develop him and maybe we'll see something to get really excited about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That hurt, but don't y'all worry, the club will back the coaches and players in so that means nothing to see here, nothing to criticise, nothing to ask about, all this does is force the club to focus on misleading and lying to us with misinformation and platitudes. This pesky distraction of "questions" then stops them from achieving the goal of sucking all the fun and emotion out of this business, sorry, club.

I, for one, thing this club has done an amazing job at removing all passion and emotion out of the club, they really have nailed that goal. And don't stress, everyone at the club is backing everyone else in at the club so the same coaches, administrators and board members will be around for a long time to come. Phew, to think we might risk an emotional response from anyone at the club because some pesky fan(s) gets all passionate about the state of the club. That's not doing your role as a customer.

I reckon we won't sack Burton
Sacking Burton is now a non negotiable ..... the Jungle Drums will beat too loud

Something obviously stinks in the footy admin area ..... no Crows team ever has waved the white flag so often and so early i games

The gameplan devised by the coaching group is an absolute s-h-i-t show, slow ball movement, short chip kicking is death, Forwards playing ridiculously high up the ground.....how many times this season have the players taken the game on only to look up and see a forward line devoid of an option to kick to other than an oppo player. The bulk of this year's disappointing results is on the head of the coaching group....it's pretty obvious the players have absolutely no confidence in the gameplan. Run and gun is the go not slow possession football just waiting for a turnover to gift the oppo the ball, our current style is just so easy to break down.
It’s like we watched Ports game plan last year and thought that looks good

Sacking Burton is now a non negotiable ..... the Jungle Drums will beat too loud

Something obviously stinks in the footy admin area ..... no Crows team ever has waved the white flag so often and so early i games
This is Adelaide though

I really hope this is the line in the sand where the club tells some individuals '' we gave you enough chances but you are no longer good enough''

lol right #boysclub
Same MUST apply to Footy Admin as well .... Coach has lost the players ..no doubt whatsoever

Then we wouldn't have gotten the 1st rounder equivalent in a strong draft which we on traded to GWS for a 4 pick downgrade and Carlton's 2020 2nd rounder which is currently pick 21.
Blah blah blah, you can play mental gymnastics which ever way you want. It’s turned out to be a shocker

This is Adelaide though
No the noise is too loud .... They have no choice but to act, to appease the supporters

I had far more compassion for Craig situation, than i do Pykes now

He’s just going thru the motion with this team

Move Pyke on now. Bite the bullet. The players' performance at the crunch shows they don't want him. They don't play for him or his message. There are a lot of machinations as to why, but he's ultimately responsible.

If Godden is on a two year deal then demote him but give him a role at the club somewhere, but far away from the AFL coaching box. Tell Camporeale and Hart they're finished.

Keep Mattner.

Burton sacked. Obviously.

Total rebuild required. New coach must have his own setup, coaches etc. No bullsh*t about soft caps etc. We have the coin. Use it on football instead of gimmicks.

Retire Betts, Jacobs, Otten, Douglas, Mackay. Walker needs a man conversation. He's basically done.

Put anyone bar Sloane, Doedee, Fogarty and O'Brien on the trade table. I mean anyone. Includes Crouches, Laird, Smith.

But that's not the biggest concern - we need an administration overhaul, a complete re-working of how the club functions. Fagan, Ricciuto and the Board should be under an independent external review with recommendations made available to the members.

Finally, treat us like members, not customers. If I continue to be treated like a customer I will behave like one and take my money elsewhere.

Anything short of that and I don't renew my membership.
Smith is our best player. Need to keep him. The players I would not trade are Fog, Doedee, Smith, Keath, Himmelberg, Jones, Mchenry, Brown, Milera, Butts, Hamill, O'brien, Sholl. Everyone else would be up for trade if we get the deal we want.

Last edited:
No the noise is too loud .... They have no choice but to act, to appease the supporters

I had far more compassion for Craig situation, than i do Pykes now

He’s just going thru the motion with this team
It’s has to be more than Pyke though, I just don’t think we will move on Burton

This Adelaide Crows team has lucked out of not finishing bottom 4, through an easy draw and an ability to win against similarly insipid teams.

Wins against:
Sydney
Gold Coast
St Kilda
Fremantle
Melbourne (barely)
Gold Coast x2
St Kilda x2

Can't beat any team of repute including inconsistent sides in Essendon and Collingwood.

Only wins that carry any sort of pride are the Showdown, GWS and undermanned Richmond at home.

If this offseason doesn't bring with it a total clean-out, we're in for more years of pain.
The Crows are at rock bottom and still get it done against the poor teams. It's actually what makes us a decent club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back