Review GBU vs Wobbles - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not different though.

Godden said the two guys wont be on the park together. Suggesting both will just be Rucking

However what actually happened was a replication of Ruck and KPF/Ruck. With RoB stupidly playing the KPF/Ruck role.

Should have just had Jenkins play instead of RoB if the aim was to nurse Sauce to 200 games.rather than limit RoB's ToG.

Stupid selection

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Happy to be corrected, but I believe Rd 21 2011 vs Geelong was the last time we went into an official game with 2 genuine ruckman. Sam Jacobs was lead ruck in his first season for the Crows and under the guidance of Mark Bickely as stand in coach, we chose to role with Ivan Maric as a key forward. Since that time our 2nd ruck has predominantly been a selection of Kurt Tippet, Shaun McKernan, Josh Jenkins and Elliot Himmelberg. Otten and Sellar may also have been included there somewhere, as may have Hartigan for half a game.

Yet in Rd 22, 2019 with our finals hopes on the line, we chose to "try again" with Sam Jacobs and Riley O'Brien... Yeah, we're not panicking :rolleyes:

It really summed it up in the last quarter, watching Milera running with the ball. At first he was going to boot it long, but you could see the look on his face when he remembered the gameplan. He then missed Sloane with a 15m pass.

Godden said the two guys wont be on the park together. Suggesting both will just be Rucking

However what actually happened was a replication of Ruck and KPF/Ruck. With RoB stupidly playing the KPF/Ruck role.

Should have just had Jenkins play instead of RoB if the aim was to nurse Sauce to 200 games.rather than limit RoB's ToG.

Stupid selection

So you agree with me now?

jenny61_99 seems I didn’t need a degree, just commonsense

Fogarty 8 goals from 2 games. Feels like he's the only solid contributor in the forward lines. Been said many times before, but bizarre he had to wait so long for his call-up. He was like a bowling ball tonight. Everywhere he went, and everything he did, Collingwood players (sometimes multiple) were picking themselves up from the ground afterwards. I'm not talking about him being a brutish thug, or trying to intimidate everyone ... he just went for the ball hard and clashed his body with opponents.

Stupid selection

Kind of confirms the "no more JJ" rumour don't you think?

Imagine my delight when I saw a starting midfield of Sloane, Crouch and Crouch.

The same combo that has been annihlated in pretty much every game since the bye.

And then in the fourth quarter we put Jones in there and suddenly the midfield has life.

It's like these coaches are actually deficient in the brain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine my delight when I saw a starting midfield of Sloane, Crouch and Crouch.

The same combo that has been annihlated in pretty much every game since the bye.
Or that we ran it for 3 and a half quarters with brief cameos from Gibbs before they finally went f' it and put Jones and Milera in.

Gibbs has no energy and truly baffles me how he’s getting picked

Douglas and Mackay provided nothing, it makes you wonder if Pyke is trying to get sacked.

We can handle losing if we are developing players like Fog and Jones but not spuds

The game plan changes every week, almost never for the better and his press conferences are ground hog day. Is he proving a point to the bosses? Is he being told to not play youth?

Not many get a chance to be a head coach and you want to give it your best. Very really do u get a second crack at it.

Something really stinks down at west lakes and unfortunately it’s only the fans that care it seams

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t think I’ve felt such collective apathy towards what was happening on the field at a live game for a long long time. Everyone just was silent and on their phones around me. Shocked 48k made it tonight.

Don’t have much else to add that hasn’t been said. Crows are bad and there doesn’t seem to be much light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to find some renewed enthusiasm somewhere come draft night...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back