List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a mid with speed and acceleration who can kick goals.

Keep Mat, Brad and Rory but only 2 in the CBA ever at once.

Trade:
Keath
Knight
Greenwood
Jacobs
Kelly
Hartigan

Delist
CEY
MacKay
Otten
Douglas
The question is can we make 10 changes in 1 year?

1 - Butts elevated
3 - current picks before 100
1 - 2020/1 pick

Can we trade in 5 players? I think not, so maybe Kelly and Hartigan stay

As much as i am loath to say it, I would keep Harto, our Key Back depth is paper thin and we don't have anyone coming up through the ranks. Is Butts a true KPD? Doedee is more a 3rd tall. We have so many holes to fill in our list it's not funny.

He was our 2nd best mid when the team was playing well.
Not the way I was seeing it. He's holds his own at a clearance situation, but does nothing beyond that. Being a mid at AFL level involves being part of an offensuve and defensive structure. He has as much impact as Sauce around the ground once the clearance is done with

We need a mid with speed and acceleration who can kick goals.

Keep Mat, Brad and Rory but only 2 in the CBA ever at once.

I actually think we might be better off trading Matt and Brad. I feel their presence and dominance of possession takes away from the players around them and neither are capable of playing other positions. In today's football, I'm not certain they fit well into modern day structures and game plans. They're natural ball hunters.

Unlike other on our list, these 2 have premium value. Take those 2 out and I think Sloane and Gibbs both suddenly improve, Greenwood too IMO and could probably carry our midfield whilst we inject Milera, Jones, McHenry plus others into the midfield. Developing a midfield with pace and ability to spread and defend. Probably need new coaches too...

The big worry I have is that the Crouches are effectively our midfield for the next 7 years and yet whilst both have been fit and supposedly firing all year, our side has been woeful, largely led by failures through the middle of the ground. Whilst statistically they win big numbers and go in hard every week, does the team benefit from their play like it should?

I actually think there is talent on this list. They are just bereft of confidence playing a ridiculously stupid structure.
Yep... definitely... our woes are 90% coaching based.. they’ve turned a high scoring, fast, exciting to watch team they were handed by Walsh in 2015 into a slow, hesitant, lacking confidence bunch of duds.

The rest is the selectors.. picking cooked old crap over youth.

Not the way I was seeing it. He's holds his own at a clearance situation, but does nothing beyond that. Being a mid at AFL level involves being part of an offensuve and defensive structure. He has as much impact as Sauce around the ground once the clearance is done with

Agreed. I think any correlation between our good form and CEY being in the side is simply that, correlation, not necessarily causation. Cam is a big bodied inside midfielder, but is slow on the outside, doesn't transition well, doesn't defend well and has poor footskills. Similar to the Crouch brothers, his performances are deceiving.

Don't get me wrong, if we sell the Crouch brothers as I've suggested above, I'd be keen to keep him, but with the Crouch brothers and Sloane in the side, he's too much of the same.

I actually think there is talent on this list. They are just bereft of confidence playing a ridiculously stupid structure.

There's no doubt an element of this. but the fact is close to a quarter of our list is now effectively 30 or older. Which is fine, except when we're likely to miss finals for the 2nd year in a row. We simply have to start transitioning our side.

Craig gets a lot of crap, but it was under him that we introduced the 1 year contracts for anyone over 30 and were actually quite brutal with some of our list cuts at the end of 2006/07 seasons. Probably the last we were actually brutal with our list cuts.

I actually think we might be better off trading Matt and Brad. I feel their presence and dominance of possession takes away from the players around them and neither are capable of playing other positions. In today's football, I'm not certain they fit well into modern day structures and game plans. They're natural ball hunters.

Unlike other on our list, these 2 have premium value. Take those 2 out and I think Sloane and Gibbs both suddenly improve, Greenwood too IMO and could probably carry our midfield whilst we inject Milera, Jones, McHenry plus others into the midfield. Developing a midfield with pace and ability to spread and defend. Probably need new coaches too...

The big worry I have is that the Crouches are effectively our midfield for the next 7 years and yet whilst both have been fit and supposedly firing all year, our side has been woeful, largely led by failures through the middle of the ground. Whilst statistically they win big numbers and go in hard every week, does the team benefit from their play like it should?
I’d say trading one out would be ok.. maybe Brad.. but to who?.. where’s he going to chose to go that gives us a good return?

We trade him this year and we want 2 firsts.. the first this year being in the top 10. Maybe Saints?..

Otherwise it’s best we hold onto him and if decides he wants to go next year we’ll likely be bottom 4 and the compo pick will be juicier!

I’d say trading one out would be ok.. maybe Brad.. but to who?.. where’s he going to chose to go that gives us a good return?

We trade him this year and we want 2 firsts.. the first this year being in the top 10. Maybe Saints?..

Otherwise it’s best we hold onto him and if decides he wants to go next year we’ll likely be bottom 4 and the compo pick will be juicier!

Clearly it'd need to be a good trade. Personally I think Brad offers more on-field and I'd probably rather keep him, the trouble is his injury history. Saints are a start.

Gold Coast is the interesting one, chat to the AFL about offering the Crouch brothers "AFL Ambassador" roles with associated fat, extra-salary cap pay checks... Crouch Brothers for Pick 1 and Lukoscious, or there abouts... Suddenly GC are a much more competitive team.

You don't rrade out your best young mids! To what, draft some more young mids?

We'd be better off trading Sloane, Smith, Keath or Laird. They'd have currency and are either heading towards the end of their career or are replaceable

Thoughts on trading Brad to the Saints (Pick 7) OR Geelong in a three way trade with Freo (Pick 5 - T Kelly - B Crouch)?

Steak knives to even out these trades of course.

Ash (3) + Kemp (5/7) sounds good to me.

A good starting point when you still have second rounders hanging around and a load of players still to offload.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was our 2nd best mid when the team was playing well.

That says more about our more highly fancied mids than it does about him.

Realistically who has improved this year???
BCROUCH has for obvious reasons and Kelly.
Every one else has gone backwards at a big rate of knots.
We should only keep the Crouches, Milera, Smith, Fog and Talia. Not including any from the last 2 drafts as they are unknown.

All others need to be looked at,
We need to cut deep and rebuild, any player with decent value over 25 needs to go.

Keath, JJ and Greenwood will depend on what’s on offer, if it’s not a second rounder, we should keep. Atkins can leave for a bag of chips and he can take Gibbs with him. Those 2 are killing the team.

Douglas, Mackay, Otten need to be retired. I’d keepSauce for 1 more year as backup.

Get rid of all soft players that don’t go in when it’s there turn, team oriented players who give a s**t about their team mates only.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Realistically who has improved this year???
BCROUCH has for obvious reasons and Kelly.
Every one else has gone backwards at a big rate of knots.
We should only keep the Crouches, Milera, Smith, Fog and Talia. Not including any from the last 2 drafts as they are unknown.

All others need to be looked at,
We need to cut deep and rebuild, any player with decent value over 25 needs to go.

Keath, JJ and Greenwood will depend on what’s on offer, if it’s not a second rounder, we should keep. Atkins can leave for a bag of chips and he can take Gibbs with him. Those 2 are killing the team.

Douglas, Mackay, Otten need to be retired. I’d keepSauce for 1 more year as backup.

Get rid of all soft players that don’t go in when it’s there turn, team oriented players who give a s**t about their team mates only.

ROB has improved as well

Need to trade in competitive players that have a desire regardless. Not players who think effort and competitiveness is something that can be turned on once their snowflake mentality and egos are massaged..
We have a mentally soft team lead by a even softer hierarchy..

Get rid of one, not both.

Greenwood isn't improving our midfield, and Gibbs has little interest in being an AFL footballer anymore. Brad will be better next year than this, I'm not sure Matt can get much better.

Greenwood isn't improving our midfield, and Gibbs has little interest in being an AFL footballer anymore. Brad will be better next year than this, I'm not sure Matt can get much better.
Greenwood, I'm comfortable keeping .....need big midfielders, but agree on your Crouch Assessment

I’d be happy to keep both, but they don’t need to be in the middle at the same time. They rotate them and compliment them with the mids we need.

I’ve been saying for awhile now that everyone is tradeable. Everyone.

Bottom out for four years. Trade anyone over 25 for whatever is offered or delist. No one in that age bracket will be in our next premiership side so keeping them is pointless.

Anyone under 25 trade if the deal is overs. Fog the closest to untradeable but if someone wanted to offer a top 5 pick plus another in the 5-10 range send him off.

I’m glad your not list manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back