List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenwood out with the ACL and now Aish gone. They were playing in the side together for a while. Now we have 2 small/med defenders to replace.

I guess Quaynor is best 22 now... Langdon back will help. Depth in that position might be a problem...

Noble too. And I think Daicos best hope is behind the ball giving him more time with the ball and help him better utilise his foot skills to set up play.

Yeah exactly my point, how are we expecting to win a flag when we need to get rid of players to pay the ones we already have. We are getting dangerously close to becoming a side that retains the list they all get paid what they deserve and we finish 3 - 7 for the next five years.
Bit over dramatic. We have lost one player.

And that player is James Aish.

fu**........ WHAT A ******* MASSIVE fu** BY THE ******* LIST MANAGERS.

COLLINGWOOD WILL REGRET THIS

Yep Aish for Brad Hill honestly sounds like a fair trade. Get it done Pies :)

I'm not quite sure what others see in Aish as anything other than depth (which he was for the later half of the season and certainly should not have played the prelim before Scharenburg). Is he statistically important to the structure of our backline?

What makes it even worse is that those sides won premierships and are not I only mostly keeping their sides together, but strengthening them.

Ours is just a list thats ultimately achieved nothing.
Sorry....
Who have we lost?

We don’t have two small defenders to replace.
We already have IQ and John Noble on the list who can step in.
Langdon will return too although not small he can play on a range of types.

I did say we had too many smaller half back types on the list in terms of balance so it makes sense for something to give.
I don't rate Noble at all, so that doesn't fill me confidence. Anyway, hope to be proven wrong

Noble too. And I think Daicos best hope is behind the ball giving him more time with the ball and help him better utilise his foot skills to set up play.

To me, Daicos needs to make a decision about whether to aim for wing or defence. And either work his butt off this off season to raise his endurance for wing or strength for defence, depending on which role he decides to target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not quite sure what others see in Aish as anything other than depth (which he was for the later half of the season and certainly should not have played the prelim before Scharenburg). Is he statistically important to the structure of our backline?

He was originally a pick 7 so people still hold this blind hope he might dramatically improve.

So you think having the number 1 ruck in the comp is hindering us winning games?
Not at all but it would be interesting to see how we would have gone if we had a Cammeron type in our forward line using a Ruck like Witts of Goldstein, etc. For what Grundy is worth and is going to cost us are we better having two 1st rounders that we could use to attract a gun Mid or forward or take to the draft.

Really clean ball handling.

We've been light on for small defenders, so he's been best 22 for the last couple of years, but pace in match ups was always an issue.

Played some good footy on the wing last year in a similar role to Mayne before injury. Longmuir will know his capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back