Delisted 11. Josh Jenkins (2020 - 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s confirmed 2 years.

Doesn’t darcy fort average nearly 2 a game? And no one wants him.

I just hope he has learnt to shut his big mouth.

Confirmed sightings of harry taylor at woolies deli stocking up on sliced ham for jj’s arrival.
Darcy fort has played 3 fricken games. What a stupid comparison.

And fort doesnt average 2 goals a game anyway and from his massive 5 goals 2 of them were dodgy frees. Another a miskick that landed in his lap 15 metres out whilst unmanned. Fort averages 2 marks a game and Jenkins averages over 5 marks a game in all his past 5 seasons. Jenkins also finds a lot more of the ball.

How is not quite a forward? He has averaged like 40 goals a season.

I think people are overly harsh. He isnt the greatest player, but I could see him working well within the Geelong structure.
Our slow ball movement is literally the opposite of what he needs to play well

Darcy fort has played 3 fricken games. What a stupid comparison.

And fort doesnt average 2 goals a game anyway and from his massive 5 goals 2 of them were dodgy frees. Another a miskick that landed in his lap 15 metres out whilst unmanned. Fort averages 2 marks a game and Jenkins averages over 5 marks a game in all his past 5 seasons. Jenkins also finds a lot more of the ball.
My point was there is more required in a game than just getting a couple of goals. Fort did that, but basically offered nothing else.

Would you call a player good because he took 2 marks in the goal square and kicked 2 goals, but didn't go near the ball for the other 99.9% of the game?

Here are some of her brother's highlights, she had a boomin drop punt too and was as hard as nails fwiw.

LOVE THIS.
Without doubt my favourite player as a kid.
I spent hours trying to emulate his stab passes.

My point was there is more required in a game than just getting a couple of goals. Fort did that, but basically offered nothing else.

Would you call a player good because he took 2 marks in the goal square and kicked 2 goals, but didn't go near the ball for the other 99.9% of the game?
And i responded showing that jenkins does a lot more than fort in other areas. You also dont kick 2 goals a game for five years through free kicks and lucky errant kicks. You can very easily kick 1.7 goals a game for 3 weeks through those means as fort did.

So Danger got his man.

I know we all want to believe in the integrity of the process being above jobs for mates, but it is just a little odd that Wells & Co declared they had no interest in Jenkins, but 're-considered their position' and then recruited him after Danger intervened.

What did Danger point out as being missed in the initial assessment by Wells & Co? It must've been something of note. How then was it missed?

Or was it that they conceded Danger had highlighted a valid reason, and team weakness, with his sly dig about 'still needing to kick goals'?

Whatever it was, it seems to suggest that key players DO have an influence over the club's machinations from time to time.

Anyhow, welcome aboard Josh.

So Esava back in the reserves?
Jenkins will not want to be a backup option whiling away time in the magoos. Major reason why he wanted out at the crows. As you you say, it poses the question of what we do with Sav. More ruck duties or a stint in the 2s ? What will that do for his confidence? What to do with Stanley? Once again he will be uncertain of his place in the grand plan. Both Stanley and Sav are confidence players and Jenkins' arrival will be making both a little less certain of their perceived worth.

Or maybe they thought the asking price was too high initially, but when they realised he was happy to take a paycut and that the Crows are supposedly paying some of his salary, it was too good an option to pass up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And i responded showing that jenkins does a lot more than fort in other areas. You also dont kick 2 goals a game for five years through free kicks and lucky errant kicks. You can very easily kick 1.7 goals a game for 3 weeks through those means as fort did.
Fort is an older worse version of buzza. At least buzza leads. Fort just stands there. Another 12 months and he can join the dole queue and take abbott with him.

I can hear mrs willo laughing from here...
Long off season in the Willo_ household. :eek:

Go Catters

That's until he returns to Adelaide Oval to play his old side and he kicks 10 goals

Or maybe they thought the asking price was too high initially, but when they realised he was happy to take a paycut and that the Crows are supposedly paying some of his salary, it was too good an option to pass up.

Maybe.

Just funny how quickly it all turned once Danger got involved is all.

Anyhow, now he needs to repay Danger's faith.

So Danger got his man.

I know we all want to believe in the integrity of the process being above jobs for mates, but it is just a little odd that Wells & Co declared they had no interest in Jenkins, but 're-considered their position' and then recruited him after Danger intervened.

What did Danger point out as being missed in the initial assessment by Wells & Co? It must've been something of note. How then was it missed?

Or was it that they conceded Danger had highlighted a valid reason, and team weakness, with his sly dig about 'still needing to kick goals'?

Whatever it was, it seems to suggest that key players DO have an influence over the club's machinations from time to time.

Wells always wanted to have a look at Jenkins, just at the right price, and he knew if he feigned disinterest until the very last day then that price would be right.
Wells plays the media game as good as anyone.

Jenkins will not want to be a backup option whiling away time in the magoos. Major reason why he wanted out at the crows. As you you say, it poses the question of what we do with Sav. More ruck duties or a stint in the 2s ? What will that do for his confidence? What to do with Stanley? Once again he will be uncertain of his place in the grand plan. Both Stanley and Sav are confidence players and Jenkins' arrival will be making both a little less certain of their perceived worth.
I don't think Sav has to worry about his position, he's proven that he's an integral part of the team - and CS has said this over and over. Stanley on the other hand should be worried.

Wells always wanted to have a look at Jenkins, just at the right price, and he knew if he feigned disinterest until the very last day then that price would be right.
Wells plays the media game as good as anyone.

Yes, he does.

Do you think the outcome would've been the same if Danger hadn't taken the stance he did?

So Danger got his man.

Nothing to do with the "chance" meeting between Scott & Jenkins in the US where both are on holidays?

They may have asked Danger a few questions about Jenkins, but not sure it would have been enough to sway the decision to a yes - but maybe Scott & Jenkins have a catch up and the coach being able to form an impression of the player, potentially discuss a few things about next year & his role in the team to gauge his interest etc, may have had a bigger impact

So Danger got his man.

Also consider that Wells may have thought Jeremy Cameron was get-able originally, and once the price blew out then Jenkins was the next best available.

In my eyes, Jenkins is purely there as a back-up for a Hawkins brain fade or Esava injury. I doubt he'll be playing if those two are in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back