Delisted 11. Josh Jenkins (2020 - 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Recent averages? Not so good
Has been worked out.
Not sure if he has taken an overhead mark for several years. There is a reason he languished in the twos.
Maybe a new environment will energise the guy, but dont expect too much.
Some potential I guess...

No doubt. Plus he still has youth on his side.

He'll only be 31 when the season starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jenkins did not get on with Pyke over the camp trip he had a bit to say about that trip....I think he will have a big year to prove crows wrong
Yes they are gettng rid of the player because he had a major falling out with the coach they also have sacked. I wonder when they will eventually figure it out?

Adelaide people arent the most intelligent.

Hopefully getting jenkins means taylor now becomes the back up. I.e. we go taller on the forward line and shorter in defence.

Tall defenders: blicavs, kolo and henry. Taylor to vfl and backup duties.

Play two ruck in stanley and esava who rest forward. Jenkins and hawkins as key forwards. Rohan, cocky and krueger fight it out for that medium marking role.

Dangerfeld plays midifield the entire season. No longer needs to go forward.

Jenkins did not get on with Pyke over the camp trip he had a bit to say about that trip....I think he will have a big year to prove crows wrong

Hopefully he will announce what went on at the camp.
I really want to know

Hopefully getting jenkins means taylor now becomes the back up. I.e. we go taller on the forward line and shorter in defence.

Tall defenders: blicavs, kolo and henry. Taylor to vfl and backup duties.

Play two ruck in stanley and esava who rest forward. Jenkins and hawkins as key forwards. Rohan, cocky and krueger fight it out for that medium marking role.

Dangerfeld plays midifield the entire season. No longer needs to go forward.
Could be wrong but I think Danger spent so much time forward because he was carrying an injury

Could be wrong but I think Danger spent so much time forward because he was carrying an injury
I think you're right, was obviously injured, (possibly that heavy hit to the hip mid season) . There were multiple games he played where I think he'd have been better off resting/recovering. Same with GAJ, I just don't understand why we play champions under duress instead of getting them right. There's a big difference in playing at 80% VS 60%. Perhaps the egos won't allow it, perhaps it MC push it?

True but it illustrates his main problem.

He can play but is wildly inconsistent.

He kicked 40 goals in basically all thelast 5 years.
Hes better cheap backup than Crameri was and im happy with that.

Jenkins will not want to be a backup option whiling away time in the magoos. Major reason why he wanted out at the crows. As you you say, it poses the question of what we do with Sav. More ruck duties or a stint in the 2s ? What will that do for his confidence? What to do with Stanley? Once again he will be uncertain of his place in the grand plan. Both Stanley and Sav are confidence players and Jenkins' arrival will be making both a little less certain of their perceived worth.
Jenkins in the team wil not be forcing Sav into the Magois gteed, Stanley is the one who needs to be worried

I was always confident to put money on Hawkins to be top goal scorer in Geelong games and have done so successfully with Jenkins in some Adel games. The proposition now is not so simple. But i do like that a 3 pronged attack can give more variety to the game plan.

Jenkins will not want to be a backup option whiling away time in the magoos. Major reason why he wanted out at the crows. As you you say, it poses the question of what we do with Sav. More ruck duties or a stint in the 2s ? What will that do for his confidence? What to do with Stanley? Once again he will be uncertain of his place in the grand plan. Both Stanley and Sav are confidence players and Jenkins' arrival will be making both a little less certain of their perceived worth.
Exactly how I saw it. Put him in the locker next to Rohan.

So Danger got his man.

I know we all want to believe in the integrity of the process being above jobs for mates, but it is just a little odd that Wells & Co declared they had no interest in Jenkins, but 're-considered their position' and then recruited him after Danger intervened.

What did Danger point out as being missed in the initial assessment by Wells & Co? It must've been something of note. How then was it missed?

Or was it that they conceded Danger had highlighted a valid reason, and team weakness, with his sly dig about 'still needing to kick goals'?

Whatever it was, it seems to suggest that key players DO have an influence over the club's machinations from time to time.

Anyhow, welcome aboard Josh.

I think Wellsy deserves a little more respect than this.

No one knows Danger's influence, but I think it's a big stretch to think that he would bow to Paddy over recruiting matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back