List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm, Worrell is fine 1v1. Intercepting is highlighted as a strength because it's a more valuable quality in the modern game. Even if 1v1s weren't a strength, it's not a particularly difficult skill to teach.
We really need to get you and Zaine Cordy together. (And Fletch if he ever comes back)

We really need to get you and Zaine Cordy together. (And Fletch if he ever comes back)
Zaine Cordy is a case of the coach thinking he's much better than he really is. If Beveridge still thinks he's a key-position defender that can play on the Darlings and Walkers of the competition, it's only natural he continues to struggle.

As for Roberts, he was just too slow for AFL level. Worrell is much more mobile.

I dont think fighting to keep 13 necessarily means we have a specific person in mind as much as it is just good business so to speak, having 13 gives us way more options than 2 2nd rounders and you dont spend what you dont have to

I dont think fighting to keep 13 necessarily means we have a specific person in mind as much as it is just good business so to speak, having 13 gives us way more options than 2 2nd rounders and you dont spend what you dont have to
Good point. Also, the fact we got both deals done while holding Pick 13 shows why Power was adamant on keeping it - Adelaide and Saints both got fair returns without us having to give up 13. If it meant missing out on one of Keath or Bruce, I'm sure we would've parted ways, but Power seems like a pretty clued on guy so he would have known it was worth holding tight.

Bergman is not a massive reach. Bontempelli was a bolter with a strong finish to the year, rather than a reach. He was still mostly tipped for the first round.

Pickett is a reach because he hasn't had a good enough season to justify selection at pick 13. That, and he's only 170cm.
Lewis Taylor had a far better season at U18 level at a similar height, selected at pick 28. Caleb Daniel was even better, selected at pick 46.

Lewis Taylor and Caleb Daniel were more prolific. So was Honeychurch... None have Pickett's x-factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point. Also, the fact we got both deals done while holding Pick 13 shows why Power was adamant on keeping it - Adelaide and Saints both got fair returns without us having to give up 13. If it meant missing out on one of Keath or Bruce, I'm sure we would've parted ways, but Power seems like a pretty clued on guy so he would have known it was worth holding tight.
Totally agree

I’d be happy with Pickett, McAsey or Worrell. Also happy to trade down if it gets us a combo of Sharp and Taylor.

An inside mid. Say Deven Robertson slid to our pick, I'd wonder where he fit into our side, even though he's a strong player.
Id be happy with him play him in the 2 for a while then when he's ready start to play bont or mcrae a little more outside

An inside mid. Say Deven Robertson slid to our pick, I'd wonder where he fit into our side, even though he's a strong player.

You can't have enough of this type of player. Blokes who can find and win their own football and average 30 possessions a game with excellent disposal skills. You can play 'em in the middle, on a wing, as a rover, as a ruck rover, as a half forward flanker, swap 'em off the bench with your other guns. If he gets to our pick, we should take him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back