List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

If we do this, we still have to take 3 in this year's draft. Best case scenario: promote Roarke Smith with pick 120-whatever and I think we have to offer 2year contract minimum.

You still want to go with that option?

Who said I wanted that option? I was asking a hypothetical, without a view either way.

Here you go

Sam Landsberger and Jay Clark's predicted AFL draft top 14

Gold Coast 1. Matt Rowell (Oakleigh Chargers, 180cm midfielder)
Gold Coast 2. Noah Anderson (Oakleigh Chargers, 191cm midfield-forward)
Melbourne 3. Luke Jackson (East Fremantle, 199cm ruckman)
GWS 4. Lachie Ash (Murray Bushrangers, 186cm halfback)
GWS 5. Tom Green* (GWS academy, 191cm midfielder)
Sydney 6. Sam Flanders (Gippsland Power, 182cm midfielder)
Adelaide 7. Fischer McAsey (Sandringham Dragons, 197cm defender)
Fremantle 8. Hayden Young (Dandenong Stingrays, 188cm halfback)
Melbourne 9. Demons will trade this pick to another club
Carlton 10. Caleb Serong (Gippsland Power, 179cm midfield-forward)
Fremantle 11. Deven Robertson (Perth, 184cm midfielder)
Hawthorn 12. Brodie Kemp (Bendigo Pioneers, 193cm defender)
Port Adelaide 13. Dylan Stephens (Norwood, 183cm midfielder)
Western Bulldogs 14. Miles Bergman (Sandringham Dragons, 189cm utility)
*GWS matches Sydney’s bid for Green, pushing the order back one
Thanks mate

That's surprising. I'll eat a steaming pile of dog crap if Serong ends up with the better career than Young. Would do the same for Jackson tbh. I really am not getting why the top end clubs are linked so strongly to those 2. Serong's disposal is awful, and Jackson is too short for an AFL-standard ruck while showing next to nothing at either end of the ground.

Young will enter the AFL and already be one of the best kicks in the competition. He shows vision and awareness that even some veterans don't have, and is a tough prick despite looking like a beanpole.
The Demons are crying for more skillful players and players who can kick the football, and lack quality rebound. If they pass on Young, then it just goes to show they still have no clue on how to build a list. Jackson isn't a once in a generation Ruckman, and they have Gawn for a few more years yet. Young is exactly the type they need. Unless they feel Ash will be there at 9, which I doubt.

Last edited:
Here you go

Sam Landsberger and Jay Clark's predicted AFL draft top 14

Gold Coast 1. Matt Rowell (Oakleigh Chargers, 180cm midfielder)
Gold Coast 2. Noah Anderson (Oakleigh Chargers, 191cm midfield-forward)
Melbourne 3. Luke Jackson (East Fremantle, 199cm ruckman)
GWS 4. Lachie Ash (Murray Bushrangers, 186cm halfback)
GWS 5. Tom Green* (GWS academy, 191cm midfielder)
Sydney 6. Sam Flanders (Gippsland Power, 182cm midfielder)
Adelaide 7. Fischer McAsey (Sandringham Dragons, 197cm defender)
Fremantle 8. Hayden Young (Dandenong Stingrays, 188cm halfback)
Melbourne 9. Demons will trade this pick to another club
Carlton 10. Caleb Serong (Gippsland Power, 179cm midfield-forward)
Fremantle 11. Deven Robertson (Perth, 184cm midfielder)
Hawthorn 12. Brodie Kemp (Bendigo Pioneers, 193cm defender)
Port Adelaide 13. Dylan Stephens (Norwood, 183cm midfielder)
Western Bulldogs 14. Miles Bergman (Sandringham Dragons, 189cm utility)
*GWS matches Sydney’s bid for Green, pushing the order back one
I can see why they stopped at pick 14, Melbourne's first pick was so inspired they gave the second to charity or outsourced it.

Is it Geelong with picks 17 & 24, not without some futures to balance the ledger.
Is it Brisbane with picks 21 & 29, only a 20 point differential closest natural choice.
Is it Adelaide with picks 23 & 28, big points discrepancy.
Is it North Melbourne with picks 26 & 27, big points discrepancy.
Is it Richmond with picks 19 & 38, big points discrepancy.

Is it a steaming turd coated in mustard ready to be devoured by VD ?

I'd take Bergman over Pickett. Purely because there are some smalls deeper in the draft, and Bergman types are not so common. Plus I feel Bergman offers more consistency and flexibility position wise. Pickett has to many low possession games and doesn't kick much goals for a forward. People obsess to much over the impact of small forwards. The best ones in the league kick actually kick goals, or impact around the ground/get the ball. Using pick 13, on a low possession, low scoreboard impact player, for the hope he can make two extra tackles inside 50 a game, feels somewhat risky to me. Cant afford to carry passengers if their only role is to tackle. People want Pickett as the crumb player, to kick those snap goals. But looking at his stats across games this year, not a huge deal of goals.

Last edited:
I'd take Bergman over Pickett. Purely because there are some smalls deeper in the draft, and Bergman types are not so common. Plus I feel Bergman offers more consistency and flexibility position wise. Pickett has to many low possession games and doesn't kick much goals for a forward. People obsess to much over the impact of small forwards. The best ones in the league kick actually kick goals, or impact around the ground/get the ball. Using pick 13, on a low possession, low scoreboard impact player, for the hope he can make two extra tackles inside 50 a game, feels somewhat risky to me. Cant afford to carry passengers if their only role is to tackle. People want Pickett as a the crumb player, to kick those snap goals. Looking at his stats across games this year, not a huge deal of goals.
I'll actually be pissed if we took Pickett with 13. I love him as a player, but only if we trade down or he miraculously slides to 53. There are too many better players, and Pick 13 needs to be best available, even if Pickett fits the description of one of our biggest needs

I'll actually be pissed if we took Pickett with 13. I love him as a player, but only if we trade down or he miraculously slides to 53. There are too many better players, and Pick 13 needs to be best available, even if Pickett fits the description of one of our biggest needs

Exactly. All first round picks, you take the best player you can, and someone who will come close to/or live up to their pick value. Be a impact player for your team. Just cannot see Pickett being a high impact or consistent enough player to spend pick 13 on. I'd love him as well, but only if we trade back. He isn't a top 25 player, and you never reach too far with early picks. Didn't we learn from the Clayton years?

Exactly. All first round picks, you take the best player you can, and someone who will come close to/or live up to their pick value. Be a impact player for your team. Just cannot see Pickett being a high impact or consistent enough player to spend pick 13 on. I'd love him as well, but only if we trade back. He isn't a top 25 player, and you never reach too far with early picks. Didn't we learn from the Clayton years?
Yeah if we line up a trade with someone like Richmond or Geelong for some of their picks, it could mean grabbing Bergman in the later teens and Pickett in the late 30s (or thereabouts). Bit risky, but I see no other way of bringing Pickett onto our list without horrendously overpaying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah if we line up a trade with someone like Richmond or Geelong for some of their picks, it could mean grabbing Bergman in the later teens and Pickett in the late 30s (or thereabouts). Bit risky, but I see no other way of bringing Pickett onto our list without horrendously overpaying

Going by the Carnival stats. Jai Jackson, another forward. Averages more possessions, more contested ball, same assists, same scoring shots, just a goal more. But averages a crap load of more tackles, apparently hit the double figures a few times for his main club, and more so goes at a great 85 percent efficiency by foot, compared to Picketts 55 percent. Yeah I know he is 185cm, to Picketts 170cm. But if we are going for someone to create forward 50 pressure, Jai Jackson is another late option should Henry or Pickett not be there at our second pick. The guy can make tackles and use the ball very well.

If we keep 13 and 53 and don't take a small forward at 13, Tyrone Thorne might be worth a look in. Speedy, agile as hell, good leap, goal sense. Tiny guy though.

I reckon they nail a lot of those picks, all the talk at the moment is saying Ash to GWS and McAsey to Adelaide, so they've got their ear out at least. But to say Melbourne will trade pick 9, then just ignore the fact that a player still has to be picked there? That's just stupid. Completely devalues every pick after that.

The Demons are crying for more skillful players and players who can kick the football, and lack quality rebound. If they pass on Young, then it just goes to show they still have no clue on how to build a list. Jackson isn't a once in a generation Ruckman, and they have Gawn for a few more years yet. Young is exactly the type they need. Unless they feel Ash will be there at 9, which I doubt.
I can't see why Melbourne would pick a 199cm ruckman at pick 3 either.

I reckon they nail a lot of those picks, all the talk at the moment is saying Ash to GWS and McAsey to Adelaide, so they've got their ear out at least. But to say Melbourne will trade pick 9, then just ignore the fact that a player still has to be picked there? That's just stupid. Completely devalues every pick after that.

Yeah they normally get some of the early picks right, so don't get the hate for their mock, even when some of the picks make sense as well. I think its one of those, I hate the Herald Sun, so automatically hate anything they produce kind of thing

I didn't mind their mock. Finally something fresh from the similar, copycat generic mock drafts I have seen over the last few weeks. Refreshing to see something fairly different.

Yeah they normally get some of the early picks right, so don't get the hate for their mock, even when some of the picks make sense as well. I think its one of those, I hate the Herald Sun, so automatically hate anything they produce kind of thing

I didn't mind their mock. Finally something fresh from the similar, copycat generic mock drafts I have seen over the last few weeks. Refreshing to see something fairly different.
They s**t the bed when they ignore pick 9 though. Bonkers.

They s**t the bed when they ignore pick 9 though. Bonkers.
Yeah, at least say who they think the Demons will swap it with, and more so because they didn't even account for the players that went picks 10-14, one of those would have gone at pick 9. Which makes their current predictions after pick 9 rather pointless. Not exactly the brightest bulb

I watched the wa vic metro game im happy taking Bergman and think hes underrated to be honest, has all the tools and trys his arse of and his tackling/pressure is quite good

I can see why they stopped at pick 14, Melbourne's first pick was so inspired they gave the second to charity or outsourced it.

Is it Geelong with picks 17 & 24, not without some futures to balance the ledger.
Is it Brisbane with picks 21 & 29, only a 20 point differential closest natural choice.
Is it Adelaide with picks 23 & 28, big points discrepancy.
Is it North Melbourne with picks 26 & 27, big points discrepancy.
Is it Richmond with picks 19 & 38, big points discrepancy.

Is it a steaming turd coated in mustard ready to be devoured by VD ?
Geelong are rumored to want to move up to take McAsey so I wonder if they'd still be interested if he's gone.
The other team who has been reportedly looking to move up is Gold Coast. They have 15 and 20 plus their future second and mid first rounder next year to offer so they have plenty to work with. Also have so many early picks that they basically hand out anything outside of the first round like chump change. Could see them getting something done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back