Game Day 2019 Draft - picks 23, 55, 60, 65, 68, 83 Thursday 28 November : Mead + 2 picks?

Remove this Banner Ad

you guys must be laughing - Brisbane have just paid a 2020 2nd so you don't take the player they want and in all reality you guys would have had 3 or 4 players locked in for that pick so it probably makes no difference at all to your strategy..daylight robbery
who do the lions want that they thought we may take? Gould? Worrell? Is it Robertson?

This guy👇 gets it...Brisbane paying up to stop someone else trading for a pick ahead of them

You're not thinking about this properly. It's entirely possible that Hawthorn or another could have made them a better offer, such as another pick this year plus next year's first.

im still trying to get my head around it

Brisbane worried Port would take their player
Port confident that Brisbane wanted a different player than we do because we are going for another "reach"
or Port not fussed as we have 2 or 3 we cant split

brisbane worried we would trade with someone else thus taking the player they wanted

Brisbane worried Port would take their player or trade to another club who wants who they want
Port confident that Brisbane wanted a different player than we do because we are going for another "reach"
Brisbane more than likely worried we would trade the pick to someone else who would take who they want

Brisbane have another top four year and that second becomes pick #32 in 2020. We could and should have done better. How many 2020 second round picks have we got atm?

We got a 2nd round pick for free. What were you expecting?

who do the lions want that they thought we may take? Gould? Worrell? Is it Robertson?
Twomey and others have Robertson linked
Some talk they were going to use our first rounder to get back in late last night for him, Schoenberg also on the cards

Last edited:
That would be 3 round 2 picks to be used for lachlan jones, taj schofield etc.
Bundle up the second rounders for a first round pick from a club that only needs points, get a pick before Schoey or Jones. Winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good business.

After seemingly taking unders for most recent trades, we finally got a decent return without giving up much.

Port would know exactly who Brisbane is taking, and don't want that player, so nothing lost. Brisbane probably have a strong idea who Port is taking, or who they are considering, but were more concerned about pick 22 being traded to someone else who is after the same player as them, so they were happy make sure of it.

Both teams pretty happy I'd say.

Brisbane worried Port would take their player
Brisbane more worried that port trade pick 22 to a club that takes their player they wanted at 23

I doubt Brisbane were worried about us taking the player they wanted, they would have known that every other club would have been in contact with Port to deal for 22... Brisbane have paid a bit of a premium with a future 2nd to shut out the rest of the clubs - not to shut out Port.

Also, I’m sure both Port and Brisbane know who each other is going to select and some form of agreement would have been made!

I suspect Robertson. Whoever they pick we'll know Port weren't that worried. Maybe Bianco! ;)

Brisbane have another top four year and that second becomes pick #32 in 2020. We could and should have done better. How many 2020 second round picks have we got atm?

It’s not tied to Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back