News Tom Jonas sole captain for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes me laugh that basically, we listen to our member when it suits us. Not when they first tell us this is a terrible decision, but when we realise it is going to hurt the bottom line. This is what happens when morons appoint a moron. Moronic decisions.

“The fact is, the people that are most important to us – all the key stakeholders connected to the club – have spoken, and good clubs listen to their people,” Mr Koch said.
“Our people have reminded us that some icons cannot be compromised and we understand that.
“It is clear that a one captain leadership model is best for our club and what’s best for our club is ultimately what’s best for the team.”
What a Kochhead if they listened they wouldnt have done it in the first place...absolute bellend

I have to admit, I lol'd at this comment from Koch "The fact is, the people that are most important to us - all the key stakeholders connected to the club - have spoken, and good clubs listen to their people".

Good clubs listen to their people. Then why the * did Port Adelaide ignore all advice and run with a deeply unpopular co-captaincy model for 12 months? Also, why the * is Hinkley still employed?

I have to admit, I lol'd at this comment from Koch "The fact is, the people that are most important to us - all the key stakeholders connected to the club - have spoken, and good clubs listen to their people".

Good clubs listen to their people. Then why the fu** did Port Adelaide ignore all advice and run with a deeply unpopular co-captaincy model for 12 months? Also, why the fu** is Hinkley still employed?
If the membership numbers were not looking so bad, we would have co-captains still. They care zero about what members think until it costs them money.

Good clubs listen to their people. Then why the fu** did Port Adelaide ignore all advice and run with a deeply unpopular co-captaincy model for 12 months? Also, why the fu** is Hinkley still employed?

I'm happy with the decision and I rate Jonas as a captain.
However, I think people have a right to be extremely ****ed off currently and there's plenty of valid reasons to be annoyed. Can't believe some people think the ones who are critical of this are 'whingers'.

Ollie answered why he's VC not C

"Tom's most capable at this stage.." bla bla

Ollie still has ambitions to be C

“good clubs listen to their people”

Going ahead after they’ve made it clear its not wanted, watching it fail, watching one captain apparently try to walk out, then naming one captain the following year isn’t “listening”.

its quite literally the opposite.

Ollie answered why he's VC not C

"Tom's most capable at this stage.." bla bla **

Ollie still has ambitions to be C
** 'I won't be here next year'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“It is clear that a one captain leadership model is best for our club and what’s best for our club is ultimately what’s best for the team.”

Hmm. This David Koch fellow is right. It is clear that a one captain leadership model is what's best for our club, isn't it?

Here's the thing though. That was clear 10 months ago too.

Glad to be back to one captain

But seriously Ken?

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley says Jonas is ready to lead the club.

“It is clear that Tom has developed significantly across the last season and has emerged as the standout leader of our group,” Hinkley said.

giphy.gif

What it should be is:

C: Jonas
VC: Lycett, Houston

Which leads into Houston being captain next year.
Yeah but don’t be silly, that would mean actual change, and this admin only deals in superficiality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back