Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing some smart poster will be able to name all of the young chaps in this team photo. Of course, a quick scan of the Bluseum would no doubt also give it to me.

I was in Switzerland backpacking when the match was on. Memories....

Happy New Year!

I remember hearing and reading about it in the paper the next day and was blown away. One of the few games I missed over the journey either on TV at the game. It was too hard to turn down $800 (cash) for a nights work in Mansfield at the earthcore rave.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Im sure you would have seen some things that night.

I’m guessing some smart poster will be able to name all of the young chaps in this team photo. Of course, a quick scan of the Bluseum would no doubt also give it to me.

Happy New Year!

Yeah, I was in Africa - Burkina Faso. Would have loved to be at this game! Still, Africa was awesome too. :cool:

Happy New Year!

Most are familiar:

Back row from left: Mansfield, Camporeale, Sexton, O'Reilly, Vance, Fevola, Franchina , Whitnall, Lappin, Koutoufides, Prendergast, Freeborn, Hotton

Front row: Rice, Merrington, Hickmott, De Iulio, McKay, Beaumont, Chatfield, Hamill, Culpitt, Nelson, Fletcher.

3 I recognise but can't put a name to at the moment.

Edit: Just watched the Fev highlights video, between Fev and Whitnall is Franchina (duh ODN) and between Beaumont and Hamill is Chatfield.

2nd edit: I now know who the other player was. I must have blocked it from my memory. Certain ex-Freo fullback who kickstarted our draft penalty saga.

3rd Edit: Swap Culpitt for O'Reilly and vice versa.

Last edited:
Most are familiar:

Back row from left: Mansfield, Camporeale, Sexton, Culpitt, Vance, Fevola, ? , Whitnall, Lappin, Koutoufides, Prendergast, Freeborn, Hotton

Front row: Rice, Merrington, Hickmott, De Iulio, McKay, Beaumont, ?, Hamill, ?, Nelson, Fletcher.

Edit: Just watched the Fev highlights video, between Fev and Whitnall is Franchina (duh ODN) and between Beaumont and Hamill is Chatfield.

2nd edit: I now know who the other player was. I must have blocked it from my memory. Certain ex-Freo fullback who kickstarted our draft penalty saga.
Stephen ‘Goalpost’ O’Rielly?

Most are familiar:

Back row from left: Mansfield, Camporeale, Sexton, Culpitt, Vance, Fevola, ? , Whitnall, Lappin, Koutoufides, Prendergast, Freeborn, Hotton

Front row: Rice, Merrington, Hickmott, De Iulio, McKay, Beaumont, ?, Hamill, ?, Nelson, Fletcher.

Is it Heath Culpitt between Chatfield, Hamill and Nelson?

Is it Heath Culpitt between Chatfield, Hamill and Nelson?

Actually, I think you're right. Swap where I had Culpitt and O'Reilly.

I've decided to forgive O'Reilly. It was a costly trade for us and we got little back, but it's not really his fault that we were cheating the cap, despite being the first brick to fall when the AFL came calling.

Last edited:
Im sure you would have seen some things that night.
Funny night, spent parts of it in tents drinking with the patrons rather than doing my job haha
And having to climb the big hill to get reception so I can make calls and wish people a HNY!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, I think you're right. Swap where I had Culpitt and O'Reilly.

I've decided to forgive O'Reilly. It was a costly trade for us and we got little back, but it's not really his fault that we were cheating the cap, despite being the first brick to fall when the AFL came calling.

Last edited:

Luv ya guts Levi. Think there is a message here about how serious and switched on players are conditioned to be by the System. Perhaps more kids would reach their true potential by relaxing and enjoying the journey instead of being driven by manic parents and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back