Stopping the Tigers 2020

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man Utd
Particularly blues supporters.

Why they're bobbing their heads up nobody knows?...

I'll have a go just for a laugh...

cause they have:

The best player in the league
The best young list
The would be best coach (green shoots)
Best kool-aid & bath water
lots of brown paper bags...and
delusional supporters....

PremiershipTigers

The Yellow and Black Dynasty Awaits
Apr 20, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
The Tiger Train are a frenetic force that this season showed they can rise above any challenge. If anything the Rance Scandal would make them rise even further as a whole. They're a group, a cohesive unit, and they stand tall in the face of adversity. That's one side to the coin.

The other is this bullshit can prove to be a cancer too fierce and unsettling even for Richmond and gives West Coast the upper hand in 2020. What Rance did is a disgrace. An absolute disgrace. Richmond have been as impressive and classy a force as I've seen during my time following football and this dog act goes beyond the game. I thought Rance was '' good bloke '' but this has dampened a great time in the club and put some unwanted heavy energy around them.

Disappointing.
Hopefully Dimma's presser today sets you straight

VicBased

Club Legend
May 3, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
On output last year Lynch and Darling were more or less the same, so until he has him covered, no he doesn't have him covered.

Kennedy with a higher goal average not only over their careers, but in 6 of the last 7 seasons suggests that no he hasn't been the better player. Kennedy averaged over 3 goals a year every season from 2014 until this year with a peak of 3.63, Riewoldt has never averaged above 3 goals with his peak at 2.92.

JK would have won a 3rd coleman in 2017 despite only playing 17 games during the season if not for Carlton completely rolling over and allowing Buddy to kick 10 in the final game of the season. He kicked 65 goals from 17 games, the same total that Riewoldt won the coleman with in 2018 from 22 games, so if you want to somehow count that as Riewoldt being the better player then go ahead, it's nothing but intellectual dishonesty. I'll repeat myself again though, yes Kennedy's form dropped towards the end of the season, he'd just turned 32 and hadn't had a preseason for 3 years so being in good physical condition is becoming more important than ever for him, so luckily he's had an uninterrupted pre season this year and looks set to fire.

Just to entertain your silly arbitrary point of teams of the decade, literally every single team of the decade I saw on the first 2 pages on google had Kennedy, with a few leaving Riewoldt out, and of the ones with JK and JR in the side, more often than not JK was FF with JR on a flank/pocket or the bench.

I thought we were talking about forwardlines, I wouldn't call mentioning the fact Cripps averages almost twice as many goals as Lambert as cherry picking. You're also lying about goal assists, tackles and 1%ers. Have you even looked at the stats? Goal assists is in Cripps favour as well 0.84 to 0.62. They average roughly the same amount of tackles, Cripps edging him out 3.37 to 3.33, and exactly the same amount of 1%ers.

So we're talking about playing in the forward line here, Cripps who averages almost twice as many goals, and more goal assists too, the same amount of tackles and 1%ers, but less disposals and clearances, somehow makes Lambert the better forward? Lamberts possession breakdown is 33% contested to 43% for Cripps and 48% kicks to handballs to Cripps 56% kicks to handballs, so you'd expect Lambert to have the better disposal efficiency. All these stats do is tell me what I already knew, Lambert spends a lot more time in the midfield than Cripps and Cripps is the better forward, better luck next time.

Displaying your intellectual dishonest yet again, Ryan averages 0.12 more goals, 0.33 more goal assists, not to mention the things that Ryan does that don't impact the stat sheet, and that's somehow offset by Castagna averaging 3.5 more handballs (0.5 less kicks however), 1.7 more uncontested marks (0.6 less contested marks however), 2 less contested possessions, and having just over half as many 1%er's as Ryan. I don't think so mate, if you did a poll on who would you prefer out of Ryan and Castagna, Castagna would be lucky to get a vote from anyone outside of the Richmond supporter base. Not to mention Ryan is significantly more accurate kicking at goal than Castagna. 61.3% conversion to 49.1% conversion.

After proving all your above points wrong I'm happy to let you have D Rioli over Cameron, luckily for WC though Cameron has huge room for growth and isn't even that far behind D Rioli on output based on last season.

Again you lie, Allen averages more marks than Bolton, more goals despite playing a good chunk of the season in defense which also impacts his goal assists, score involvements, possession counts, and a whole range of other measures that make comparing the 2 players on the stat sheet pointless. Allen was required to fill gaps in the back line and ruck last year but he'll be used predominantly as a forward this year. Just like Ryan v Castagna, I don't think you'd find many people at all outside of the Richmond supporter base that would rather have Bolton in their forward line over Oscar Allen.
I think you have broken Tenny :tearsofjoy:

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Shapes it to fit his argument, same as when people argue Richmond only won coz they beat interstate teams (hawthorn three peat was Sydney, freo and west coast). Also I believe west coast finishes 13th the year before they played in the grand final.

You gotta ask yourself if Richmond were really that bad winning 2017/2019, how seriously sh$! Was every other team?
we finished 13th in 2013, 9th in 2014 and 2nd in 2015

On output last year Lynch and Darling were more or less the same, so until he has him covered, no he doesn't have him covered.

Kennedy with a higher goal average not only over their careers, but in 6 of the last 7 seasons suggests that no he hasn't been the better player. Kennedy averaged over 3 goals a year every season from 2014 until this year with a peak of 3.63, Riewoldt has never averaged above 3 goals with his peak at 2.92.

JK would have won a 3rd coleman in 2017 despite only playing 17 games during the season if not for Carlton completely rolling over and allowing Buddy to kick 10 in the final game of the season. He kicked 65 goals from 17 games, the same total that Riewoldt won the coleman with in 2018 from 22 games, so if you want to somehow count that as Riewoldt being the better player then go ahead, it's nothing but intellectual dishonesty. I'll repeat myself again though, yes Kennedy's form dropped towards the end of the season, he'd just turned 32 and hadn't had a preseason for 3 years so being in good physical condition is becoming more important than ever for him, so luckily he's had an uninterrupted pre season this year and looks set to fire.

Just to entertain your silly arbitrary point of teams of the decade, literally every single team of the decade I saw on the first 2 pages on google had Kennedy, with a few leaving Riewoldt out, and of the ones with JK and JR in the side, more often than not JK was FF with JR on a flank/pocket or the bench.

I thought we were talking about forwardlines, I wouldn't call mentioning the fact Cripps averages almost twice as many goals as Lambert as cherry picking. You're also lying about goal assists, tackles and 1%ers. Have you even looked at the stats? Goal assists is in Cripps favour as well 0.84 to 0.62. They average roughly the same amount of tackles, Cripps edging him out 3.37 to 3.33, and exactly the same amount of 1%ers.

So we're talking about playing in the forward line here, Cripps who averages almost twice as many goals, and more goal assists too, the same amount of tackles and 1%ers, but less disposals and clearances, somehow makes Lambert the better forward? Lamberts possession breakdown is 33% contested to 43% for Cripps and 48% kicks to handballs to Cripps 56% kicks to handballs, so you'd expect Lambert to have the better disposal efficiency. All these stats do is tell me what I already knew, Lambert spends a lot more time in the midfield than Cripps and Cripps is the better forward, better luck next time.

Displaying your intellectual dishonest yet again, Ryan averages 0.12 more goals, 0.33 more goal assists, not to mention the things that Ryan does that don't impact the stat sheet, and that's somehow offset by Castagna averaging 3.5 more handballs (0.5 less kicks however), 1.7 more uncontested marks (0.6 less contested marks however), 2 less contested possessions, and having just over half as many 1%er's as Ryan. I don't think so mate, if you did a poll on who would you prefer out of Ryan and Castagna, Castagna would be lucky to get a vote from anyone outside of the Richmond supporter base. Not to mention Ryan is significantly more accurate kicking at goal than Castagna. 61.3% conversion to 49.1% conversion.

After proving all your above points wrong I'm happy to let you have D Rioli over Cameron, luckily for WC though Cameron has huge room for growth and isn't even that far behind D Rioli on output based on last season.

Again you lie, Allen averages more marks than Bolton, more goals despite playing a good chunk of the season in defense which also impacts his goal assists, score involvements, possession counts, and a whole range of other measures that make comparing the 2 players on the stat sheet pointless. Allen was required to fill gaps in the back line and ruck last year but he'll be used predominantly as a forward this year. Just like Ryan v Castagna, I don't think you'd find many people at all outside of the Richmond supporter base that would rather have Bolton in their forward line over Oscar Allen.
That's a nice glossy presentation there YYY. Many will look at that load of crap and actually believe it because they don't understand the Tigers game plan and look purely at stats. The Tigers do not rely on any one forward to kick multiple goals it is all about creating the space for another team mate to get the shot on goal. It dosen't matter who kicks the ball it stems from the pressure all over the ground. That is what makes us such a dangerous and unpredictable team because if you game plan is not about pressure footy and moving the ball quickly with minimal handballs and precise kicking then you get sliced open the other way. Jack has sacrificed his goals to make the team better by not being the only target and bringing others into the game. Enjoy your stats and 0.12% more goal assists to make yourself feel better but it means sh!t to the Tigers.

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
What premiership team doesn’t have role players? You need the selfless types to compliment the guns. Our role players are very good though. Put them in a Carlton or Gold Coast side and they’d probably be top five players there.

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
That's a nice glossy presentation there YYY. Many will look at that load of crap and actually believe it because they don't understand the Tigers game plan and look purely at stats. The Tigers do not rely on any one forward to kick multiple goals it is all about creating the space for another team mate to get the shot on goal. It dosen't matter who kicks the ball it stems from the pressure all over the ground. That is what makes us such a dangerous and unpredictable team because if you game plan is not about pressure footy and moving the ball quickly with minimal handballs and precise kicking then you get sliced open the other way. Jack has sacrificed his goals to make the team better by not being the only target and bringing others into the game. Enjoy your stats and 0.12% more goal assists to make yourself feel better but it means sh!t to the Tigers.
With such a compelling argument it makes you wonder why West Coast couldn’t make the top four and Richmond won the flag.

I’m guessing travel?

chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
I think they will have another 2-3 years with the core/star players in the side.

Anything further from there will depend on the development of the younger brigade. Graham, Balta, Stack, Higgins etc.

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm well aware the output of a forward line goes much deeper than just the individual stats of each member of the forward line, my comments were in response to one of your own supporters doing a side by side comparison of the players in each forward line. Not sure if you know anything about west coast but we play our best footy when our forward line provides pressure, we kick precisely and don't handball much, so we have a good style to combat the tigers. I think you missed the point of my post in the first place, maybe next time look at what I'm responding to before trying to jump down my throat.

Jez1974

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
What premiership team doesn’t have role players? You need the selfless types to compliment the guns. Our role players are very good though. Put them in a Carlton or Gold Coast side and they’d probably be top five players there.
Or just role players in a shittier side!

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Or they would be no good. Their role simply not translating to a different game plan.

Back