Training 2020 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

If Coffield becomes at AFL level what he was at junior level- in his draft year- then we could have two of them like that, in him and Robbo (who will hopefully be freed up to return to that intercepting/rebounding HBF role, now we have Battle and/or Wilkie there to play 3rd-tall). Coff played some killer footy in that draft year.

Not sure why someone couldn't be judged to have had an Elite season regardless of how many games they have played , its like saying you cant win the Browlow in your first season as we have seen a big enough body of you work
22 Players performing at their best each week should see us win more than we lose.
Thats close to playing Finals.
I dont care who is Elite if the above happens

If Coffield becomes at AFL level what he was at junior level- in his draft year- then we could have two of them like that, in him and Robbo (who will hopefully be freed up to return to that intercepting/rebounding HBF role, now we have Battle and/or Wilkie there to play 3rd-tall). Coff played some killer footy in that draft year.
He could be a super player for us
He WILL be a super player for us, 200 game player

Great players , great blokes Stuv and Brucey.
But we havnt been a finals team with either of them in the side.
The club had to change things around to regenerate our list.
Back when we got in Hamill, Gehrig etc we let the Wakelins go.
Sometimes you just have to let good players go and get other good players in to get a club out of a rut.
I think Lethers and Gags have done a good job so far Regenerating our list.
Armo,Rowe,Longer,Pierce,White,Rice and Young have gone and none were likely to play many if any games in 2020,and therefore taken off the list.
Acres and Newnes are 2 others who were in the same boat,not likely to play on regular basis and Traded,so 9 players that wouldnt be Regulars .
Hill,Howard,Jones,Butler and Ryder ARE likely to be Regulars.
Also in my opinion players still on our list, Phillips,McKenzie,Clavarino,Joyce and Alabakis wont get many games, and a likely delistings from our current list at seasons end.
So in 2019 we had a huge14 players on our list that would struggle to get games this coming season.
Thats a huge amount of players that are not good enough.
SO depth has become much Deeper this coming season and will certainly Benefit our Chances.

I think Lethers and Gags have done a good job so far Regenerating our list.
Armo,Rowe,Longer,Pierce,White,Rice and Young have gone and none were likely to play many if any games in 2020,and therefore taken off the list.
Acres and Newnes are 2 others who were in the same boat,not likely to play on regular basis and Traded,so 9 players that wouldnt be Regulars .
Hill,Howard,Jones,Butler and Ryder ARE likely to be Regulars.
Also in my opinion players still on our list, Phillips,McKenzie,Clavarino,Joyce and Alabakis wont get many games, and a likely delistings from our current list at seasons end.
So in 2019 we had a huge14 players on our list that would struggle to get games this coming season.
Thats a huge amount of players that are not good enough.
SO depth has become much Deeper this coming season and will certainly Benefit our Chances.
I don't think Clav or Joyce are in any danger this year.
Philips and Brownie will go, and dare l say it Gears may get the tap on the shoulder.
Dmac got a 3y contract so he'll be around in 2021 at least.
Alabakis probably gone since we've taken Bell who looks the business.

It's looking good for our 2s with a good mix of mature aged and promising kids on their way through. We held on to our list cloggers for much too long under Richo. It's all very obvious now that job is (mostly) done.

Went to training today as I was in the area. A well timed long lunch for me.

Hard to get a strong read of how everyone’s going, Alot of absent players and todays session was pretty cruisy and the conditions were windy and hot. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be a full blown solid session, being the open training and all. After a bit of match sim it was pretty much light stuff and fun games. The forwards played a bit of horse and the drills were pretty basic.

A few little notes from me. Was hard to get a look at everyone but...

Nick Coffield: Concur with others. Has filled out and looked real composed in match sim. Hadn’t heard a lot about him this preseason or even seen many photos. But was very impressed.

Dylan Roberton: Was great to see him moving around like the Robbo of old. Didn’t miss a beat across HB. A lot of talk about the new recruits, this bloke is basically one and could be the best of the lot.

Jack Bytel: The kid is a big boy. Had no idea of his size until I seen him up close. Obviously still got plenty of size to gain with a few more preseasons. Looked good in match sim

Dougal Howard: Looked a real player. Great voice and direction on the field and applied plenty of his trademark spoils. Am cautious with all the talk and tyre pumping of him lately, but was thrilled watching him today.

Dean Kent: Seemed to be the life of the forwards in terms of being loud, upbeat and jovial. Didn’t notice him in the match sim but looked good with the footy in drills

Dan Butler: Looked real good with ball in hand and was pretty solid in front of the sticks.

Brad Hill: Hard to miss Brad, his work rate was brilliant and he rarely wastes the ball when he gets it. Skills looked a class above most in awkward conditions. Clear stand out to me

Jarryd Roughead: The man just has a presence about him. The players, mainly forwards seemed pretty keen to be in his company

Brendon Lade: Met Brendon the other night at a members night, same one as mentioned by other posters, and couldn’t be more impressed with him. Quite charismatic and charming, and it’s obvious he has a great relationship with a lot the players. I seen this again today with the way he interacted with a lot of the boys. Seems an underrated acquisition from the year prior.

Dontt be surprised if Joyce does'nt force his way into calculations for the backline.

Think he will struggle myself ...Clavarino was in front him last year before injury .
Marsh is significantly fitter than when he crossed from Richmond VFL was amazed how far off he was
coming from them and contrary to others think he will get opportunity because of his speed & power.
Roberton ...back to fold
Howard coming aboard .
Carlisle fully fit.
Brown in unbelievable shape .

Feel for Joyce because his application to training , diet & attitude is first class.

Hard to get a strong read of how everyone’s going, Alot of absent players and todays session was pretty cruisy and the conditions were windy and hot. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be a full blown solid session, being the open training and all. After a bit of match sim it was pretty much light stuff and fun games. The forwards played a bit of horse and the drills were pretty basic.

Nick Coffield: Concur with others. Has filled out and looked real composed in match sim. Hadn’t heard a lot about him this preseason or even seen many photos. But was very impressed.

Dylan Roberton: Was great to see him moving around like the Robbo of old. Didn’t miss a beat across HB. A lot of talk about the new recruits, this bloke is basically one and could be the best of the lot.

Jack Bytel: The kid is a big boy. Had no idea of his size until I seen him up close. Obviously still got plenty of size to gain with a few more preseasons. Looked good in match sim

Dougal Howard: Looked a real player. Great voice and direction on the field and applied plenty of his trademark spoils. Am cautious with all the talk and tyre pumping of him lately, but was thrilled watching him today.

Dean Kent: Seemed to be the life of the forwards in terms of being loud, upbeat and jovial. Didn’t notice him in the match sim but looked good with the footy in drills

Dan Butler: Looked real good with ball in hand and was pretty solid in front of the sticks.

Brad Hill: Hard to miss Brad, his work rate was brilliant and he rarely wastes the ball when he gets it. Skills looked a class above most in awkward conditions. Clear stand out to me

Jarryd Roughead: The man just has a presence about him. The players, mainly forwards seemed pretty keen to be in his company

Brendon Lade: Met Brendon the other night at a members night, same one as mentioned by other posters, and couldn’t be more impressed with him. Quite charismatic and charming, and it’s obvious he has a great relationship with a lot the players. I seen this again today with the way he interacted with a lot of the boys. Seems an underrated acquisition from the year prior.

Was watching Bytel and Phillips kicking back and forth, and I reckon Bytel’s physique could develop a little like Luke Ball’s. There was something in the hips and legs that I thought was similar. Either way already looking good with definitely more room for growth.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think he will struggle myself ...Clavarino was in front him last year before injury .
Marsh is significantly fitter than when he crossed from Richmond VFL was amazed how far off he was
coming from them and contrary to others think he will get opportunity because of his speed & power.
Roberton ...back to fold
Howard coming aboard .
Carlisle fully fit.
Brown in unbelievable shape .

Feel for Joyce because his application to training , diet & attitude is first class.

Brown looked like his 6 pack had a 6 pack when I saw him in Elwood the other day, He looks even fitter than the past and he was always pretty cut.

giphy (34).gif

giphy (31).gif

Ohh ffs start the god damn footy already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's always good to get some match sim in for when a dog runs onto the field.

Geez, i could imagine him doing a knee chasing a rogue dog around the oval.

That would be so St Kilda.

I’m getting a vibrous vibe.
#Vibing
bMTNKEu.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back