Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

But will there be the recreational are. It looked like just two pools on the plan
The council didn't even bother to provide the club with expectations on existing community needs for the development

But will there be the recreational are. It looked like just two pools on the plan
3 pools on the Plan there were two pools in the background plus the 50m pool, But that would not be the end design. as mention by others the council need to finish there needs request before the Crows can finalise the design ie How many pools do they want and what type of pools

I wish people here would read a little on this subject before making comments. All the detail of the recreational areas depend on the needs of the current venue. Released by council after the images created and 1 hour before presented. The images we have exist so the public could see the concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graham Cornes: The plans that I’ve seen are very basic and the illustrations and photos show just one pool.
Can you replace what’s actually out there at the aquatic centre?
You’ve got a pool, you’ve got diving towers.
There’s four or five different pools out there. How many pools do your plans indicate?
Andrew Fagan: The illustrations that have been provided aren’t meant to be comprehensive. They’re indicative only to illustrate that there’s an aquatic centre there.
Ultimately that’s the role of the council-run needs analysis, which is the exact process they’re working through at the moment.
I think there’s seven hundred odd thousand visitations annually to the existing facility.
They’re having to determine whether they wish to create a facility that can service a similar number of visitations-
Graham Cornes: So it’s up to the council what facilities they want in it.
If they say they want a diving pool, you’ve got to have a diving pool?
Andrew Fagan: Ultimately this becomes a partnership, Graham.
We’re a stakeholder in this project.
It’s not ours alone.
So they’ve got to determine what they want a facility to look like.
It could be a similar size, providing similar services to the to the current one with similar levels of amenity.
It could be larger, it could be smaller.
Ultimately they’ve got to determine what they wish.
This will impact the overall cost of the facility.
It will also need to consider who it’s there to service, whether it’s more localised focused on the residents or ratepayers of the City of Adelaide, who represent around 10 per cent of the users, or more regional.
But at its core, the objective is for it to have lap swimming, hydrotherapy, learn to swim, kids water-play area, a community gymnasium and fitness centre and other dry fitness areas.
But that is a council led decision.

On venue choices. There is a plan B

Graham Cornes: Were there other sites that you looked at?

Andrew Fagan: Yes, we initially identified around 25 sites. We refined some assessment criteria and began to narrow them down. 25 became 15 which became eight and eight became three.

Graham Cornes: Tell us what the others were.

Andrew Fagan: I don’t think I should reveal that.

We then formally connected with the City of Adelaide and said ‘here are a couple of sites we’ve looked at, we understand you have some issues with the Adelaide Aquatic Centre, we’d just like to see if we can explore those with you and see if there might be an opportunity for us to take a look at establishing a facility on that site that might solve some problems for you and create an opportunity for the community as well as the football club’.

They had just launched an unsolicited bid process, a new policy that enabled organisations to present council with plans that might provide a benefit to the community.

That process started in February this year and earlier this week we had the opportunity to present against the guiding principles that council had provided us.

We feel it still remains a really compelling opportunity, so we were happy to A, present them; and B, for the first time to be able to speak publicly about them because to date we’d been restricted in our ability to do that because of the nature of the process.

This is West Lakes as of roughly Xmas 19, for those who wanted to know

1DvHzq5.jpg

This is West Lakes as of roughly Xmas 19, for those who wanted to know

1DvHzq5.jpg

its a shame
so many memories there for the crows players, club, fans and afl as a whole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These things always fill up with useless information. They usually get targeted by a particular group who employ people to make fake responses using different aliases. Hopefully they monitor the accounts.

Catholic schools did this in the recent SA government regional bus survey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These things always fill up with useless information. They usually get targeted by a particular group who employ people to make fake responses using different aliases. Hopefully they monitor the accounts.

Catholic schools did this in the recent SA government regional bus survey.

I did it, registering asked for my residential address, but I’m sure it’s easy to manipulate if you’ve got the desire.

This feels like it's taking forever.

Ball has been passed to the council. You’ve got until 19th of February to complete the survey that will be used to form their facility requirements. Doubt we’ll see anything from them for a few months. No doubt time will then be of the essence for us to release our updated plans though.

The high divers are asking for a new diving board.

I think that's a great outcome, allows the club to add another community angle on it, make it even harder to knock back.

Could also tie into other sports for funding and assistance with maintenance.

As long as they relocate to North Adelaide. Potentially want their cake and eat it too.

The high divers are asking for a new diving board.

I think that's a great outcome, allows the club to add another community angle on it, make it even harder to knock back.

Could also tie into other sports for funding and assistance with maintenance.

There is ZERO chance that a dive pool ends up in a new facility.

Other then the fact that know one wants one within the CoA and they are universally being phased out, it will severely jeopardize the reduced roof height conversation which would make a new facility less of an "eye sore".

There is ZERO chance that a dive pool ends up in a new facility.

Other then the fact that know one wants one within the CoA and they are universally being phased out, it will severely jeopardize the reduced roof height conversation which would make a new facility less of an "eye sore".
Retractable dive towers. It's the SA way

With one the councillors who is on “Team Adelaide” leaving causing a bi-election, it could lead to a new member on Morans side and anti this development.

Will be interesting to see the impact.

One way stairs up, you’re not allowed to chicken out.

Last time I went up I chickened out. I’ve always been scared of heights but as a younger kid was able to jump from that top tower. Jumped off the lighthouse on Port Victoria jetty when I was about 8. Wouldn’t even climb up the ladder now. Stomach sinks just thinking about it.

Back