Teams 2020 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have at it campaigners!
View attachment 819872
Following last year's anus horribilus I've concentrated on value with an eye to scoring and cash generation. The addition rise of Rhyce Shaw as the North coach has seen me bullish on more North players than I would have included for years. 100K in the bank gives a bit of flexibility for an early correction.

Backs - The seagull was always a lock - I'm sure he will be available cheaper at some point but he's just going to keep pumping out big scores. Laird to be back to his best after a horrible year. I have a feeling Dawson is ready to break out a la Sicily circa 2018 - DPP adds flexibility. Doc is a no brainer at that price. Daw looking unbelievably good in preseason and exceptional value, I expect him to be back to his 2018 form pretty quickly and may surpass that form.

Mids - Was looking at Macrae, Kelly and Mitchell but thought all over priced so gone with Neale, Cripps, Danger and Cunnington. I'm expecting Dangerflog to bounce back from last year. Plenty of cash generation from the mid rooks - likely to change depending on R1 selections.

Rucks - Before Gawn's knee scare I'd locked in Gawndy but have reconsidered so have brought in the Englishman. Will not be at all surprised to see Comben get games at some point this year. He looks very impressive based on what I've seen first hand.

Forwards - Whitfield and Dusty are no brainers at 1 and 2. Simpkin I see as having a breakout year with plenty of midfield time. I'm expecting Kennedy to get out of the blocks early and post some big numbers. If Bonar gets a R1 gig he'll be playing plenty of midfield time.
Too many norf flogs
6C621C01-4C3C-440C-9D48-753F0A87DAA2.gif

Brave.

As a fellow NM supporter, I have Simpkin and will also grab Bonar if he's picked in Rd 1 (as you know, some insiders suggest this is going to happen, but I'd still be surprised). I also have Goldie but might go Xerri instead of Comben.

I'm backing Cunnington for the Brownlow but he's not going near my SC team. Yet.
I figure you need to brave to excel or to crash and burn in spectacular fashion!

I've crashed and burned without being brave so what have I got to lose?

My latest effort.
I don,t see any reliable/value premium forwards.
comment away.
View attachment 819728

I don't think there's much point to starting a forward line without Whitfield this year. Unless teams come down with an incredibly hard tag or he injures himself terribly, he's basically guaranteed to be a top 3 scorer. I'd try work him in somewhere for sure.
Thoughts, a lot of rookies placeholders ofc
View attachment 819921

Love the Parish pick, overall very handy, although working Lunch meat into the forward line on value alone would be well worth it. My question is, does lunch meat push Parish out of the midfield? That's hopefully clear after the preseason games.

Otherwise I really like it. There is the risk that Milera moves back behind the ball this year, which could see Laird competing for that backline sweeping role, but he could easily end up getting less attention due to it. Or Milera could end up in the midfield. That's a dynamic to watch through preseason also imo.

Overall one of my favourite teams I've seen posted here.

I don't think there's much point to starting a forward line without Whitfield this year. Unless teams come down with an incredibly hard tag or he injures himself terribly, he's basically guaranteed to be a top 3 scorer. I'd try work him in somewhere for sure.

Love the Parish pick, overall very handy, although working Lunch meat into the forward line on value alone would be well worth it. My question is, does lunch meat push Parish out of the midfield? That's hopefully clear after the preseason games.

Otherwise I really like it. There is the risk that Milera moves back behind the ball this year, which could see Laird competing for that backline sweeping role, but he could easily end up getting less attention due to it. Or Milera could end up in the midfield. That's a dynamic to watch through preseason also imo.

Overall one of my favourite teams I've seen posted here.
Thanks, I’m not 100% on parish probs a placeholder and could easily go to someone else like heeney or down to Steven and I’m not stressed on lairds role at all, new coach should know what he’s doing

Thanks, I’m not 100% on parish probs a placeholder and could easily go to someone else like heeney or down to Steven and I’m not stressed on lairds role at all, new coach should know what he’s doing
Too easy, he could easily go big this year if his purple patch last year was anything to go by.

Laird will stay at half back, it's whether he gets a heavy tag with Smith almost definitely moving up the ground. Laird can butcher the ball under pressure which is a SC liability. For what it's worth, I'd start him, just keep an eye on who's where because he isn't as rock solid as he used to be.

Version 1.4 - 3k left over - 15 keepers best case scenario - ROOKIES ARE PLACEHOLDERS

Any feedback is appreciated Kadog Seymour Skinner Andrew Birch - Will sit on this until Marsh series commences

BEST TEAM ON HERE Santoz

Laird - Safe as houses. value at 525k - 95+ avg
Sicily - Really good value - Frost coming in helps - 95+ avg
Docherty - Too good to refuse. Hope he gets a good run at it - 90+ avg
Roberton - Planning to play in Marsh series - Hoping he can recpature 2017 form 92 avg - if no good Doedee comes in - 90+ avg

Macrae - Lockity locked - 125+ avg incoming
Cripps - Bull. Locked. 115 avg
Danger - See above 120 avg
Bont - Captain, Josh Bruce arrival hopefully more mid time, rolls royce - whats not to like? Dunkley/Titch could replace him - 115 avg
Oliver - Lockity locked at that price. No double shoulder surgery this time - 115 avg

Grundy - What can I say? Captain option most weeks - 125 avg
Gawn - See above. 125 avg

Dusty - Love watching him in full flight - can chuck the VC on him aswell. 110 avg
Heeney - Too good to pass up at 510k - 95 is his floor - ceiling can be 100-110 if all goes well. 100 avg
Steven - Huge value at 360k for potential 90-95 avg.
Smith - See above

View attachment 819868

Very handsome team.

Steven the only worry after doing an old many injury.

Not my favourite picks in the mids but hard to argue against them.

Very handsome team.

Steven the only worry after doing an old many injury.

Not my favourite picks in the mids but hard to argue against them.
Cheers for the reply mate.

Ive downgraded Starc & Nakia to 123k rookies to get Neale for Bont. Not sure how I feel haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for the reply mate.

Ive downgraded Starc & Nakia to 123k rookies to get Neale for Bont. Not sure how I feel haha
I would keep Bont I think he will go big this year being Captain

Version 1.4 - 3k left over - 15 keepers best case scenario - ROOKIES ARE PLACEHOLDERS

Any feedback is appreciated Kadog Seymour Skinner Andrew Birch - Will sit on this until Marsh series commences

BEST TEAM ON HERE Santoz

Laird - Safe as houses. value at 525k - 95+ avg
Sicily - Really good value - Frost coming in helps - 95+ avg
Docherty - Too good to refuse. Hope he gets a good run at it - 90+ avg
Roberton - Planning to play in Marsh series - Hoping he can recpature 2017 form 92 avg - if no good Doedee comes in - 90+ avg

Macrae - Lockity locked - 125+ avg incoming
Cripps - Bull. Locked. 115 avg
Danger - See above 120 avg
Bont - Captain, Josh Bruce arrival hopefully more mid time, rolls royce - whats not to like? Dunkley/Titch could replace him - 115 avg
Oliver - Lockity locked at that price. No double shoulder surgery this time - 115 avg

Grundy - What can I say? Captain option most weeks - 125 avg
Gawn - See above. 125 avg

Dusty - Love watching him in full flight - can chuck the VC on him aswell. 110 avg
Heeney - Too good to pass up at 510k - 95 is his floor - ceiling can be 100-110 if all goes well. 100 avg
Steven - Huge value at 360k for potential 90-95 avg.
Smith - See above

View attachment 819868
Solid. Can’t fault it at this stage. Like the Bont pick 👍

Lyons through his last 16 games averaged 113. I'd take 107+ across the year from him at 530k.

I feel he has upside as do all of the players I've picked.

Happy to take my risk with picking players I feel that have upside as opposed to players like Docherty who is coming off 2 knees in 2 years among many other injury discounted players I've seen in sides round here.

What changed for Lyons in the last 16 compared to the first 6?

What changed for Lyons in the last 16 compared to the first 6?

His scores increased :thumbsu:

In all seriousness, no idea, but he started racking up a shitload more footy.

Used in the guts more?

Have at it campaigners!
View attachment 819872
Following last year's anus horribilus I've concentrated on value with an eye to scoring and cash generation. The addition rise of Rhyce Shaw as the North coach has seen me bullish on more North players than I would have included for years. 100K in the bank gives a bit of flexibility for an early correction.

Backs - The seagull was always a lock - I'm sure he will be available cheaper at some point but he's just going to keep pumping out big scores. Laird to be back to his best after a horrible year. I have a feeling Dawson is ready to break out a la Sicily circa 2018 - DPP adds flexibility. Doc is a no brainer at that price. Daw looking unbelievably good in preseason and exceptional value, I expect him to be back to his 2018 form pretty quickly and may surpass that form.

Mids - Was looking at Macrae, Kelly and Mitchell but thought all over priced so gone with Neale, Cripps, Danger and Cunnington. I'm expecting Dangerflog to bounce back from last year. Plenty of cash generation from the mid rooks - likely to change depending on R1 selections.

Rucks - Before Gawn's knee scare I'd locked in Gawndy but have reconsidered so have brought in the Englishman. Will not be at all surprised to see Comben get games at some point this year. He looks very impressive based on what I've seen first hand.

Forwards - Whitfield and Dusty are no brainers at 1 and 2. Simpkin I see as having a breakout year with plenty of midfield time. I'm expecting Kennedy to get out of the blocks early and post some big numbers. If Bonar gets a R1 gig he'll be playing plenty of midfield time.
Don't let Jiska see that team, he'll have a ******* heart attack, given how you've blatantly violated his Tenth Commandment.

Have at it campaigners!
View attachment 819872

Good on you for supporting your team I guess, but picks like Daw over Doedee/Roberton, Simpkin over Smith/Steven, Bonar over Hill/Young, Cunnington over Coniglio, are pretty hard to justify if you take your North glasses off. Actually, never mind Coniglio, with the cash you'd save from those other moves you could get Cunnington up to a Macrae/Fyfe super premo.

Have at it campaigners!
View attachment 819872

The Daw pick doesn't make sense - better off going a rookie.

Anyone dismissing Simpkin is only doing so because they know nothing of our list and have no idea what's going on at the club. I haven't picked him but hard to argue the pick considering he'll basically play full time midfield and looked excellent last year through there and by all reports looking great there preseason.

Don't love the Cunnington pick but understand it - I think there are better options around that price and the best option would be to use your 100K to upgrade him.

Don't like Kennedy pick due to his age but if you think he can do what he did a few years ago and go 90+ then go for it. I like the idea of using the money you'd have downgrading Daw to a rookie to take Kennedy to a premo

Last edited:
Have at it campaigners!
View attachment 819872

Can understand some of the picks even though I don't think they'll work out.
The Daw and Kennedy picks though are just autopick, rank 50,000+ level bullshit picks. There is zero chance Daw averages 95+ and he will never make enough cash for him to be considered a 'cash-cow'
Between them + your bank you could go

Daw + JJK + 100k + Flanders (think he's only an outside chance to make Rd 1 team) = ~1 million = Hill + Roberton + Cogs/Telly or other 550k mid.

Better points, better cash generation potential.
Just leaves you without a bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back