Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

From that group listed my preferred 22 would probably swap birch out for witho and ballanden out for linc in the first 18, then run Mitch, Ely, CEY and Oscar on the bench. With that said I haven't had a lot of exposure to some of the blokes who mainly played neafl so will be interesting to see how they go sunday

Seems a bit like Oscar vs Ballenden, Starcevich vs Witherden, CEY vs McFadyen and ESmith vs McCarthy.
Agree with this apart from E.Smith v McCarthy, can't see McCarthy starting the season out of our best 22, from all reports been very good over the pre season. IMO Ballenden is a big chance to take Big Os spot, I thought Oscar's 2nd half of last season was a bit down.

Hard to see anyone pushing Clugga or Robbo off a wing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m not saying either of those boys will get pushed out, everyone has to rotate throughout the game. Both Robbo and Cluggs have shown how damaging they can be up forward, so Ah Chee could see some time up the wing if they’re resting forward or on the bench. Cluggs missed the second Port game I think with soreness and Robbo went down at the end of the year, so if Ah Chee can get going this year I’ll be glad to see his name pop up if need be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we all know that Lester isn't the most gifted athlete. But he's a hard worker and a leader. Probably won't be in the seniors a lot this year, but he still definitely earned his spot on the list. Great guy to have around the club.
Did well in the seniors when he was needed. I remember actually feeling like he was a little unlucky to get dropped after putting in a decent shift.

Genuinely surprised to see that Noah didn't make the extended squad. Has he looked a touch off the pace to those who have been to the trainings and practice matches?

Could also be that Noah is a know quantity to the side in an area where the competition from blow ins is red hot. Might want to evaluate the new options.

Think we all know that Lester isn't the most gifted athlete. But he's a hard worker and a leader. Probably won't be in the seniors a lot this year, but he still definitely earned his spot on the list. Great guy to have around the club.
There a dozens of players who aren’t the most gifted athletes but are still very good footballers. Hodge is the last couple of years would have been our least gifted player athletically but his other gifts more than made up for that.

If we were to one day win a premiership, Lester would be the player I'd most like to see be a part of that team from a sentimental stand. Here's hoping he can force his way into the team and have a solid season.
We haven't got many long term one club players.

One club players with 100+ games > Daniel Rich(207 games), Dayne Zorko(168), Ryan Lester(126), Darcy Gardiner(106), Daniel McStay(103) + Harris Andrews on 97 games.

Lester is like the ultimate depth player. He can play in different roles and his performance is always solid. Leader as well so good character and is still worth something to the playing group even if not in the seniors.

The prospect of Zorko , Cameron , Rayner all up forward will be giving opposition coaches real nightmares . Zorko very capable of kicking 30 plus goals if plays majority toward this year . Will still play a lot in middle as he breaks the lines but with CEY , Berry , Neale clugga all in there hopefully won’t be needed as much .

We haven't got many long term one club players.

One club players with 100+ games > Daniel Rich(207 games), Dayne Zorko(168), Ryan Lester(126), Darcy Gardiner(106), Daniel McStay(103) + Harris Andrews on 97 games.
Depending on definition, Zorko doesn't count. Was on Gold coast playing list for abiut half an hour

As well prepared as we can possibly be, is what I get out of the above. We have the right people in the right places.

The biggest question for me is, how well can we adapt to being the favourite not the outsider, teams will be putting much more effort into stopping us than last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back