Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, he's so tall that the air up there is quite thin.

Explains the stoopid...

Hi ShanDog

:p
I wish he was taller so his oxygen could run out, never has a positive word about Carlton passed his thin lips. Tosser extrordinaire is Darcy, loser.

So less than a week after we flog them in a praccy match Ed organizes a little "work trip" into our inner sanctum to observe our training ... hmmmm. :drunk:

Ed will be drumming up interest in us to build up for Carl V Collingwood.

Fine but ya gotta ask me nicely....

More of a threat than asking nicely, but....

If you don't provide a real training report, I will be forced to make up one of my own...

Seems sadly that Webb is out of the race, poor bloke

“Meanwhile, the race for Carlton's final list spot via the pre-season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP) appears down to three, with former Western Bulldogs utility Lukas Webb suffering a hamstring injury.

Webb, who has been training with the Blues since November, limped from the field in the dying moments of the club's marathon scratch match against the Magpies, with a scan subsequently confirming a tear.
He has since been removed from the club's train-on list.”

Source: https://www.afl.com.au/news/378257

Seems sadly that Webb is out of the race, poor bloke

“Meanwhile, the race for Carlton's final list spot via the pre-season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP) appears down to three, with former Western Bulldogs utility Lukas Webb suffering a hamstring injury.

Webb, who has been training with the Blues since November, limped from the field in the dying moments of the club's marathon scratch match against the Magpies, with a scan subsequently confirming a tear.

He has since been removed from the club's train-on list.”

Source: https://www.afl.com.au/news/378257
Poor bloke, looks like Sturgess is the most likley but will probably depend on balance more than anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a light session. Skills and drills and a ten minute match sim- more on that later.

Stocker SPS Martin and Gibbons only forward/back in drills and aim. Cunners mids only drills. Seemingly at least for the start of the season that’s their role.

Kreuxer flying. Wouldn’t surprise to see him play this week.

In the big news of the day: McKay did most of it plus ran some laps half way through. Then engaged in match sim! He was...WAY too fast for Jones. He also towers over him. We just look a massively different outfit with him out there. Stunning impact straight away. Maybe they were right- he could be there round one!

Weiters did intervals and seemed fine. I’d expect him to miss this week and be back next.

SPS back in full training which was great. Marchy did everything and I expect him to play this week.

MCG slight load mgt and didn’t do match sim but seemed ok. Won’t play this week.

Plow did almost nothing. Has been a few weeks now. Maybe played a quarter last week. Hamstring tightness I reckon.

No match Sim:
Murph
Lob (did a lot of drills but then did kicking off to the side and went in?)
Cripps (started then left- Allies ?)
MCG
Kemp
Plow
Weiters
Macreadie
CC

Philp really starting to use pace to take gaps. Wow. I’m starting to become a believer. Cunners just a goal kicking mid. Amaze.

Don’t think I mentioned but they do a LOT of goal kicking practice these days.

Overall the list looks in great health. Like hardly anyone looks like they won’t be avail round one now. CC and Kemp really the only certain outs. McKay actually looks closer than mcg all of a sudden. Well done Russell. Really well done.
Happy to take any questions - jounros there so hardly a closed session.

Was a light session. Skills and drills and a ten minute match sim- more on that later.

Stocker SPS Martin and Gibbons only forward/back in drills and aim. Cunners mids only drills. Seemingly at least for the start of the season that’s their role.

In the big news of the day: McKay did most of it plus ran some laps half way through. Then engaged in match sim! He was...WAY too fast for Jones. He also towers over him. We just look a massively different outfit with him out there. Stunning impact straight away. Maybe they were right- he could be there round one!

Weiters did intervals and seemed fine. I’d expect him to miss this week and be back next.

SPS back in full training which was great. Marchy did everything and I expect him to play this week.

MCG slight load mgt and didn’t do match sim but seemed ok. Won’t play this week.

Plow did almost nothing. Has been a few weeks now. Maybe played a quarter last week. Hamstring tightness I reckon.

No match Sim:
Murph
MCG
Kemp
Plow
Weiters
Macreadie
CC

Philp really starting to use pace to take gaps. Wow. I’m starting to become a believer. Cunners just a goal kicking mid. Amaze.

Overall the list looks in great health. Like hardly anyone looks like they won’t be avail round one now. CC and Kemp really the only certain outs. McKay actually looks closer than mcg all of a sudden. Well done Russell. Really well done.

Could you clarify the forward/back thing with SPS Gibbons Martin and Stocker? Were 2 forward and 2 back or did they have turns in each role?

No match Sim:
Murph
MCG
Kemp
Plow
Weiters
Macreadie
CC

Thanks windows! Anything about Ramsey, Honey, Philipps and the 3 potential rookies would be greatly appreciated!

No match Sim:
Murph
MCG
Kemp
Plow
Weiters
Macreadie
CC

Legend. Much appreciated mate thank you. Such great news to hear about Harry.

So McG did most of the training session besides simulation? and Martin participated in simulation?

Could you clarify the forward/back thing with SPS Gibbons Martin and Stocker? Were 2 forward and 2 back or did they have turns in each role?
SpS was alway back. Stocker always forward. Deep FP. Martin always HFF. Gibbons HFF. There were a lot of guys in middle drills. These guys were not amongst them- signifying the coachinf intent for their roles. Fisher and Cunners - often thought of as forwards - both middle only. Same with Dow. Doesn’t mean they won’t spent time forward. But does mean the others are very unlikely to get any midfield action early in the season.

I'm parking stocker.........just have to for now.........
My opinion hasn’t changed on Stocker from what i posted later last year and earlier this year, my take is he’s a genuine talent but like Paddy Dow is poor endurance wise which doesn’t allow him to play to his full abilities for long enough he needs time developing in the VFL midfield with depending on circumstances a run in the AFL, we should see a big improvement in him next year... unlike most of our SOS draftees we seem to have the list depth now to develop kids the right way before they are ready if he shows good improvement throughout the year he’ll earn gams, bonus...

Last edited:
Poor bloke, looks like Sturgess is the most likley but will probably depend on balance more than anything.
Sturgess was easily the most impressive last week, Cunico did some nice things. Moore was basically non existant, didn't have many tools to beat his man one on one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back