Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Def thicker. Legs are bigger. Super fast. Like Franklin. No ahit. Moved really well. Played deep forward and led up. Didn’t see him jump.
This is very good news.
If he plays closer to goal (partly fitness, partly Charlie's absence) he has to be sneaky value for the Coleman at $151.
There is some stupid odds - Max King is $67, Charlie himself is our shortest at $67. Eddie $101. Levi not even mentioned up to $251.

Plow he’s a monster. We really haven’t seen him anywhere near his peak yet. He carried that groin a lot of last year. He was/is still filling that frame out. He’s an absolute weapon.

Easy to forget that when healthy he was the most prolific contested mark in the competition.

At his peak and with a competent forward line around him that defenders must respect (Betts, Martin, McGovern, Curnow etc), borderline unstoppable.

Easy to forget that when healthy he was the most prolific contested mark in the competition.

At his peak and with a competent forward line around him that defenders must respect (Betts, Martin, McGovern, Curnow etc), borderline unstoppable.

I try not to think about it and keep my excitement tempered.

Our forward line fully fit would be frightening for others and froth-worthy for us. Effing fingers crossed it comes to fruition.

Gosh I expected a lot more questions. Are you people working or somehting?

I'm on this afternoon so have another half hour to ask questions.

Zac Fisher and David Cuningham, midfield primarily you say.

Who does that leave as our half-forwards in the AFL team? Martin and Gibbons?

Kennedy and Silvagni still training with forwards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My opinion hasn’t changed on Stocker from what i posted later last year and earlier this year, my take is he’s a genuine talent but like Paddy Dow is poor endurance wise which doesn’t allow him to play to his full abilities for long enough he needs time developing in the VFL midfield with depending on circumstances a run in the AFL, we should see a big improvement in him next year... unlike most of our SOS draftees we seem to have the list depth now to develop kids the right way before they are ready if he shows good improvement throughout the year he’ll earn gams, bonus...
My take on the current Stocker phase is simplistic. Was flagged that he had an avenue in to the side as a backline distributer with his dual sided highly effective disposal. The return of Doc and Willo and the "impossible" position of fitting Doc, Simmo, SPS, Willo, Newman, Plow, Marchy and perhaps Newnes in to the 22 pretty much closes down that option. Makes sense that ala Dow, and for that matter Fisher, he finds an alternate "second position" which is up forward. Clearly starting the season in the 2's, in the guts, so makes sense giving him plenty of forward time in what is left of the preseason. Pretty much no one is walking straight in to the midfield any more given the list, and it's growing maturity.

My take on the current Stocker phase is simplistic. Was flagged that he had an avenue in to the side as a backline distributer with his dual sided highly effective disposal. The return of Doc and Willo and the "impossible" position of fitting Doc, Simmo, SPS, Willo, Newman, Plow, Marchy and perhaps Newnes in to the 22 pretty much closes down that option. Makes sense that ala Dow, and for that matter Fisher, he finds an alternate "second position" which is up forward. Clearly starting the season in the 2's, in the guts, so makes sense giving him plenty of forward time in what is left of the preseason. Pretty much no one is walking straight in to the midfield any more given the list, and it's growing maturity.
Very good point on the half back roll Docherty and Willo coming back just makes it so much harder for him along with others you have mentioned all ahead of him atm, no rush with him let him compete and build his game in the midfield then possibly rotating as a forward he’ll not only improve but will learn a shitload...

I'm on this afternoon so have another half hour to ask questions.

Zac Fisher and David Cuningham, midfield primarily you say.

Who does that leave as our half-forwards in the AFL team? Martin and Gibbons?

Kennedy and Silvagni still training with forwards?
SOS yes. Interestingly Kennedy played with the mids today.

Gibbo and Martin half forwards for sure.

Was a light session. Skills and drills and a ten minute match sim- more on that later.

Stocker SPS Martin and Gibbons only forward/back in drills and aim. Cunners mids only drills. Seemingly at least for the start of the season that’s their role.

Kreuxer flying. Wouldn’t surprise to see him play this week.

In the big news of the day: McKay did most of it plus ran some laps half way through. Then engaged in match sim! He was...WAY too fast for Jones. He also towers over him. We just look a massively different outfit with him out there. Stunning impact straight away. Maybe they were right- he could be there round one!

Weiters did intervals and seemed fine. I’d expect him to miss this week and be back next.

SPS back in full training which was great. Marchy did everything and I expect him to play this week.

MCG slight load mgt and didn’t do match sim but seemed ok. Won’t play this week.

Plow did almost nothing. Has been a few weeks now. Maybe played a quarter last week. Hamstring tightness I reckon.

No match Sim:
Murph
Lob (did a lot of drills but then did kicking off to the side and went in?)
Cripps (started then left- Allies ?)
MCG
Kemp
Plow
Weiters
Macreadie
CC

Philp really starting to use pace to take gaps. Wow. I’m starting to become a believer. Cunners just a goal kicking mid. Amaze.

Don’t think I mentioned but they do a LOT of goal kicking practice these days.

Overall the list looks in great health. Like hardly anyone looks like they won’t be avail round one now. CC and Kemp really the only certain outs. McKay actually looks closer than mcg all of a sudden. Well done Russell. Really well done.
Happy to take any questions - jounros there so hardly a closed session.

Great to here about McKay. Would you say He is a chance to play in either of the marsh games?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back