FTA-TV Australian Survivor - All Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

One things for sure, based on comments from the players themselves - it's impossible to get a 100% clear picture of what happens on the show when the editing has been far from consistent.

Understand they need to drive a narrative to build up to tribal council, but it's been weighted so heavily towards the main players its not funny.

I must say, anyone that goes on the show has my respect, along with the physical and mental challenges, you open yourself up to celebrity level critisism when you go on the show and you certainly don't get paid like one.

I honestly assumed that Dave for all the bluster about voting Phoebe our for not having his back, actually did it because working with Phoebe means working with Nick which he did not want to do.

If he’s made this call just because he’s pissed at Phoebe for the last vote where she “disobeyed” him then I’d say it’s short sighted (as was revealing his idol, can’t say I understand that).

Phoebe refusing to hug or shake hands with anyone she assumed voted for her was also pretty childish.
AK has also come out and said that there was bullying by "shelter people". I havent read exactly what he said but it was on reddit. Harry said there was "hazing" but that group but then said it was good natured when someone questioned it. I think there is going to be a lot more stuff coming out soon.

I also wonder how Dave’s old alliance (Brooke, Lachie etc) will feel about 1- Phoebe going and then 2- finding out Dave basically orchestrated it (I’m oretty sure Phoebe was part of that alliance)

They already didn't trust him because they knew he was the mole (according to AK on twitter anyway)

They already didn't trust him because they knew he was the mole (according to AK on twitter anyway)

1- I don’t love following people on the show on socials and taking their comments, it’s a real easy way to make out you weren’t playing dumb, this seems like a prime example of it to me...
2- there’s still a distinction between we don’t trust him to him voting out a member of OUR alliance.

Would've preferred it if Dave sided with Phoebe and blindsided Moana, pretty harsh of him to use Phoebe to get another idol then turn on her and vote her out. It's not like she even tried to vote him out, she just didn't want to vote out Nick like he did so his vendetta against her seemed over the top.

Moana is arguably more of a threat and less trustworthy than Phoebe so I'm not sure Dave made the right call there, only time will tell I guess.

With two idols now he's at least a chance of going deep in the game, I doubt he will win it but I wouldn't say he has zero chance either.
Especially seeing that she actively tried to get rid of his only ally on this tribe.

AK has also come out and said that there was bullying by "shelter people". I havent read exactly what he said but it was on reddit. Harry said there was "hazing" but that group but then said it was good natured when someone questioned it. I think there is going to be a lot more stuff coming out soon.

Surely it's more than what we saw in last episode with Mo's alliance openly asking how to spell Pheobe's name? (Obviously alluding to the fact they're gunning for her)

I also wonder how Dave’s old alliance (Brooke, Lachie etc) will feel about 1- Phoebe going and then 2- finding out Dave basically orchestrated it (I’m oretty sure Phoebe was part of that alliance)
They won't like it, but i always felt that Dave was on the outer of that alliance anyway. It doesn't matter anyway. After the merge Flick (if she's still there) is going to turn on Locky and Brooke and Dave will be there to scoop her up, or Harry when he splits.

1- I don’t love following people on the show on socials and taking their comments, it’s a real easy way to make out you weren’t playing dumb, this seems like a prime example of it to me...

Agree, looking at Pheobe's long insta post about being booted, she didn't acknowledge the fact her not going with David contributed to her exit.

Agree, looking at Pheobe's long insta post about being booted, she didn't acknowledge the fact her not going with David contributed to her exit.
For those of us not on Insta, can you summarise or post what she said?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs to plant the fake one in the real wrapping
And put the "congrats you have found a hidden Immunity Idol" thing in there too

For those of us not on Insta, can you summarise or post what she said?

No worries mate. It's pretty reasonable but pretty vague again RE: bullying.

Well that was...heartbreaking. When I was voted out, I couldn't speak. I knew if I tried to talk, I'd fall apart. I didn't want to fall apart on camera. I was devastated. Here are some words I wasn't able to find in the moment...
I have always held myself to a high standard, and I find it very difficult when I fall short of what I expect of myself. This has been a wonderful, but very challenging experience for me. I dreamt of going further. I got dealt a bad swap. And I trusted someone I'd been in a close alliance with from day 1. He was the wrong person. I mean, I could have outspooned together for a little longer lol. Guys, whilst I feel things got far too personal and went beyond the spirit of strategy with certain individuals, I can also sleep soundly knowing I was outplayed by the better player in David. He is an exceptional Survivor player. And my real life friends had my back til the very end. There is closure in that for me. ❤
I am forever grateful that I got to play Survivor, twice. It was a dream from a young age. It meant the world to me to have another go and I worked hard in the lead up to be ready for it. I wanted to make my family proud. Over the years I've received so much love from Survivor fans and I want to thank y'all for that love, it always meant alot to me. I am closing the Survivor chapter, holding my head high, knowing I gave it everything I had, both times. I never stopped fighting. I proved to myself again, that when the going gets tough, I get going. I went down swinging (even without the idol, we almost turned it around)! I finished the game with two fractured vertebrae, was hospitalised upon landing home for spider bite infections and had surgery on my knee. It is the toughest game on earth and I am proud of myself for the things I did achieve. I played hard and I played with my heart. I was authentic and vulnerable. I was loyal to my people. My values inside and outside the game were left intact. I'm walking away with relationships I will always cherish. I'm cheering for my forever friends now. And I'm ready to chase new dreams. And you know guys, as with any heartache, there's always a silver lining xx

One things for sure, based on comments from the players themselves - it's impossible to get a 100% clear picture of what happens on the show when the editing has been far from consistent.

Understand they need to drive a narrative to build up to tribal council, but it's been weighted so heavily towards the main players its not funny.

I must say, anyone that goes on the show has my respect, along with the physical and mental challenges, you open yourself up to celebrity level critisism when you go on the show and you certainly don't get paid like one.
Mat Rogers said the other day they basically condense 3 days into one episode.
Pretty tough gig to edit everything in of relevance .

No doubt some feel hard done by as far as their edit goes

Surely it's more than what we saw in last episode with Mo's alliance openly asking how to spell Pheobe's name? (Obviously alluding to the fact they're gunning for her)
There has been a bit of 'bullying' stuff floating around , its all very vague and I would imagine more will come out at some stage.
A few of the players are pretty profilic on social media ( normally excuses for gameplay and not happy with the edit ) , I try to avoid their commentary.......

'Shelter people' made me think of the 'sand people' from Star Wars

220px-Tuskenraider.jpg

Phoebe refusing to hug or shake hands with anyone she assumed voted for her was also pretty childish.
Yeah this. I know she was shattered but judging from that and also some of her comments on Reddit/Instagram, it feels like she had a bit of trouble separating the game from life i.e thinking Moana had a personal vendetta against her, not hugging anyone she thought voted. I thought Dave standing up to hug her after blindsiding her was a good gesture to show that it’s not personal it’s just the game but she full shut him down.

How could they possibly know this without Dave or Mat telling them (which they wouldn’t)? They may have guessed but there’s no way they could have known.

How could they possibly know this without Dave or Mat telling them (which they wouldn’t)? They may have guessed but there’s no way they could have known.

They knew about the midnight chats and worked it out from there.

From Phoebes post as well “got dealt a bad tribe swap” no you didn’t. You made it a bad tribe swap with your behaviour. Matt got dealt a bad hand and even he didn’t whinge about it.
Um, yes she did. She had one member of her alliance, who ended up burning her, and the members of her opposing alliance from Vakama had better relationships than her on the other side.

Also Mat literally whinged out of the gate of the tribe swap.

Obviously there could be other factors at play eg any suspicions about Dave being the mole in the Daisy vote out but,
I would have thought without those it would be a pretty easy sell that Phoebe voted with Nick when Dave was trying to get rid of Nick. He could also rightly claim that Mo orchestrated it (when Phoebe voted out and fire saved her) and he just then tried to jump on the numbers to survive to merge.

Assuming he gets to merge (which he should) Dave will have options in who he works with. Only Nick, Lee and now probably Sharn the ones he has limited to no room to work with. Sharn he could only trust if it was working on a common enemy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back