Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Gosh I expected a lot more questions. Are you people working or somehting?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Actually, I do have a question. My biggest frustration over the last umpteen years has been the incessant bombing into the forward line. I asked this question early in the pre-season...in the match sim, what does the delivery into the forward 50 look like? Are they bombing. or looking for players on the lead or in space?

Thanks again for the reports!

Actually, I do have a question. My biggest frustration over the last umpteen years has been the incessant bombing into the forward line. I asked this question early in the pre-season...in the match sim, what does the delivery into the forward 50 look like? Are they bombing. or looking for players on the lead or in space?

Sorry to say but a lot of bombing. We don’t really have guys who lead hard at the kicker and demand the ball.

I saw on the Carlton site that SPS was only 50/50 for the trip to WA with a quad injury, how did he look to you?
Looked fine although he didn’t do goal kicking at the end. I suspect he was trying to avoid kicking it long. Has really come to hand quickly. Two weeks ago was slow lap jogging only. I would doubt he plays this week.

Sorry to say but a lot of bombing. We don’t really have guys who lead hard at the kicker and demand the ball.

Disappointed to hear that if it does turn out to be the game plan. Other clubs seem to find ways of hitting up players in space inside 50, and it doesn't have to be leading forwards. It can be mids dropping back into space, small forwards finding space, shouldn't be that hard...

Looked fine although he didn’t do goal kicking at the end. I suspect he was trying to avoid kicking it long. Has really come to hand quickly. Two weeks ago was slow lap jogging only. I would doubt he plays this week.

So normal kicking then - he loves the 15-20m pass. Really hoping he becomes more adventurous with his kicking this year.

Is it an African Swallow or a European Swallow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good point on the half back roll Docherty and Willo coming back just makes it so much harder for him along with others you have mentioned all ahead of him atm, no rush with him let him compete and build his game in the midfield then possibly rotating as a forward he’ll not only improve but will learn a shitload...

Actually think those two coming back have made it harder for SPS too, given I believe both have better defensive qualities but can also counter attack. Not sure where SPS fits in down back other than injuries.

Think his most natural role would be HFF of which we have shed loads as well.

Interesting selection times ahead for the MC.

Actually think those two coming back have made it harder for SPS too, given I believe both have better defensive qualities but can also counter attack. Not sure where SPS fits in down back other than injuries.

Mid rotation who spends his time down back when we've gained possession of the ball. Wouldn't typically have him in the starting 6 defenders from a centre bounce, but I'd want him making all haste to get there once the ball is in that area so he can be used as an outlet.

Lets see when the real deal begins. As delivery from mid field improves and we have additional time and space with our fast paced game we may see different response from the fwd line. Even Eddie and Jack will be demanding the ball, as I will expect a fitter, leaner Governor will.

More great selection problems trying to squeeze/balance certain players into positions, SPS showed some of his class off half back and improved as the season rolled on last year I don’t mind him playing that roll but imo he’s a bonafide midfielder .. depth is starting too look 👀 the most impressive in ages...

More great selection problems trying to squeeze/balance certain players into positions, SPS showed some of his class off half back and improved as the season rolled on last year I don’t mind him playing that roll but imo he’s a bonafide midfielder .. depth is starting too look 👀 the most impressive in ages...
Exactly, we need a 30 man squad ready to "rock n roll" week in, week out to drive up the ladder and start winning finals.
Cover injuries, even rest players for freshening up. Losing a few with niggles should be less than a speed bump.
Happy days baggers

Mid rotation who spends his time down back when we've gained possession of the ball. Wouldn't typically have him in the starting 6 defenders from a centre bounce, but I'd want him making all haste to get there once the ball is in that area so he can be used as an outlet.
He started to look really good back there in the last 5-6 games, was hitting the ball at full speed which was exciting and also got his intercept marking going late and was starting to defend one on one really well, he is the perfect Simmo replacement going forward and as you say will mostly be used as the seventh defender atm probably starting on the wing and dropping back as needed, as I’ve said before just needs to start being more dangerous with his kicks instead of taking the short safe option, when he does this it will take his game to the next level. The Simmo and Sammo show could be a very exciting feature down back this year, can’t wait bring it on.

He fooled me, at least. It didn't add up.

He went from literally nothing to match sim.

I think thats the Russel way. Look at MM and his caged period. We didnt really see him on the track- yet behind the scenes he was doing the work, that allowed his to hit the ground running when he came back into the side. If harry has a specific weakness (groins/OP?) then that takes targeted work and a layoff from match type stresses- lots of running I suspect, that we dont really see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back