What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know where to put this so thought I'd post here

I've been going through some footy podcasts from other clubs to get a feel for how they've been tracking over preseason and what the expectations are for 2020. Most fan podcasts are more knowledgeable and have more civilized discussion than mainstream media will get you

I haven't been able to find a Bulldogs podcast though. The only one I can find is the official club one but I'm looking for a fan podcast. Every other club has at least one, even the Suns and GWS. It seems there was one Bulldogs one from 2 or 3 years ago but it didn't last. Does one exist? If not it seems like it's a gap in the market waiting to be filled by some keen Doggies supporters 👍🏼
Were both of the GWS fans on there?

Hrovat and Honeychurch were NEVER going to make it

I never saw a single instance either of them made me think they could be decent players at AFL level
I thought I saw a whisper of talent in Honey. Never saw anything in Hrovat, never liked that pick.

I thought I saw a whisper of talent in Honey. Never saw anything in Hrovat, never liked that pick.
Really? If anything I would've said the opposite. Though both were deficient in size and kicking ability, I thought Hrovat played a handful of good games for us and had some talent.

Really? If anything I would've said the opposite. Though both were deficient in size and kicking ability, I thought Hrovat played a handful of good games for us and had some talent.

After Hrovat’s first few games, a few people said he looked like an easy 200+ game player

Both were spuds from day one and due to their size needed to be even better than most.

Honey wasn’t good enough at any one position to even try and force a spot and Hrovat was the worst “elite” kick(as some suggested) I’ve ever seen.

both had tiny moments but I’d suggest any decent park footy player would have a couple of moments if they hit a chance

Think Honey as a small forward showed something. Not a lot but something. Never saw anything in Hrovat. As MD said, when you’re that size you need something to set you apart. Neither had it.

And Toby kicks another goal! "We love you 'cause you're a Victorian!" Errr... no! :poo:
My 11 y/o old said I hope we play (and beat) GWS in the grand final, and during the game Toby Green tries to punch one of our players but misses and punches himself in the face then accidentally runs into the goal posts and knocks himself out.

Can't disagree. I seem to have parented well. :D

My 11 y/o old said I hope we play (and beat) GWS in the grand final, and during the game Toby Green tries to punch one of our players but misses and punches himself in the face then accidentally runs into the goal posts and knocks himself out.

Can't disagree. I seem to have parented well. :D
Have you been nominated for Father of the Year yet? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honeychurch: 35 games, hrovat 69 games. fair footy careers. 99.5% of us did not even get one game.

John Shultz is the guest on the podcast This Is Your Sporting Life this week.
Fantastic! Thanks for the heads up.
Great podcast series and Gentleman John’s story should be a ripper.
For the younger ones on here that don’t know of John Shultz he’s a Bulldogs ruck legend, Brownlow Medallist that also just happens to be a dead ringer for Tim English (at the same age of course). He also presented the 2016 premiership cup to Bevo.

Take a listen to Easton Wood making Sam McLure sound like an idiot during an interview today. Completely calls out Sam’s lack of understanding in our list. For some reason I always feel that Sam dislikes the dogs. I think he buys into the Bont Cripps rivalry and is jealous of the comparative success of the two young teams.

Take a listen to Easton Wood making Sam McLure sound like an idiot during an interview today. Completely calls out Sam’s lack of understanding in our list. For some reason I always feel that Sam dislikes the dogs. I think he buys into the Bont Cripps rivalry and is jealous of the comparative success of the two young teams.

Naughton was actually first over the regular season with 53, Lynch only first due to more finals. Maclure sounded like a knob when he said we don’t have any true big marking targets.

We legitimately have 2 of the top 5 from last season.

They talk about big targets, and first that came to Sam's mind was Schache. Pretty much sums up his footy knowledge

Naughton was actually first over the regular season with 53, Lynch only first due to more finals. Maclure sounded like a knob when he said we don’t have any true big marking targets.

We legitimately have 2 of the top 5 from last season.

He is a Carlton man. It’s not like he has a choice.... Once born Carlton, you can’t escape the destiny of ignorant self importance that permeates every part of that club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back