Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood don’t have an appropriate clash for Geelong home kit

Need a third grey or neutral colour kit but can’t see it happening
Well there's no Geelong v Collingwood game in 2020 so unless they meet in finals again (with Geelong as the home team) we will have to wait a while to find out.

Collingwood vs Geelong is fine because one is all black and the other is all white. It's the reverse that causes an issue because both of Collingwood's strips clash with geelong's home strip.
Collingwood v Geelong, Geelong v Collingwood, same thing as all games between the two teams are played at the MCG. This wasn't even an issue until 7.50pm on Qualifying Final night this year.

Collingwood v Geelong, Geelong v Collingwood, same thing as all games between the two teams are played at the MCG. This wasn't even an issue until 7.50pm on Qualifying Final night this year.
It *was* the same thing until the shorts rules went **** up this year. Now inststead of clashish or clashish it's clashish or clash-s**t.

I watched Friday night and thought, "well would you look at that... they've got the navy (black, really) of Victoria, so they've put the All Stars in white. It's almost like they know that dark versus light is the way to go..."

Then I tuned in last night... and Freo were in all-dark purple... and Carlton were in white!

Now I'm watching a warm-up from Wangaratta... and Richmond are in black... and Collingwood is in white!!

It couldn't be, could it? What's happened over the summer? Is 2020 the year the AFL have nailed basic logic? Or is this a false dawn?

I watched Friday night and thought, "well would you look at that... they've got the navy (black, really) of Victoria, so they've put the All Stars in white. It's almost like they know that dark versus light is the way to go..."

Then I tuned in last night... and Freo were in all-dark purple... and Carlton were in white!

Now I'm watching a warm-up from Wangaratta... and Richmond are in black... and Collingwood is in white!!

It couldn't be, could it? What's happened over the summer? Is 2020 the year the AFL have nailed basic logic? Or is this a false dawn?
Nah, Collingwood are the only big 4 team who wear clashes against other big 4 teams. Doubt it'll change this year

Been rabbiting on about this for years ... it makes for such a better spectacle with contrasting outfits .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll reserve judgment until Collingwood have to play an away final against the might of Steve Hocking (Geelong) again.

I’ll reserve judgment until Collingwood have to play an away final against the might of Steve Hocking (Geelong) again.

AFL can just reserve the right to advise short colour. Choose your jumper and we’ll choose shorts. Geelong is in white and Collingwood in all black, no problems.

I find it amusing that Carlton went on this decade-long journey from white clash jumpers to various assortments of light blue and patchy white and navy blue jumpers and have ended up back where they started from with white jumpers. Was that ten year period just the time it took to shake off the last few old-guard traditionalists who couldn't work out what the basic point of having team jumpers in the first place was?

Compare this entire argument with the NRL (yes Im forced to live in the dead black heart of NSW :( tragically)

Every year every club changes its kit, Same in football (round ball), purely merchandising.

Cycling's worse of course every year new kits, often new team names too (sponsors have team naming rights - farkin sucks)

Thank god for the traditional AFL, I don't mind either of the dogs clash jerseys but Im unlikely to buy one.

First game.

Ffs AFL... c’mon. You can do this.

IT’S NOT HARD FARKIN

images

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back