2020 HFC Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a picture of a potato
It was a little more than just a picture of a potato or did you forget the picture of the bag of cow manure and the words that were also part of that post?

Agree on all points - it doesn't make a lot of sense as it stands. I can't help but wonder if there's some medical reason McEvoy can no longer ruck... CHB wouldn't be much less taxing on the body though. Too many head knocks in the ruck maybe? He's certainly had more than his share. I'll stress here I'm only speculating.
Beg to differ. Ruck is a brutal role. I always ended up black and blue after jumping into my opponent all day. CHB is much less brutal more sprints but less bruises.

It's been a good pre-season and nice to get through some competitive hit-outs without any serious or significant injuries.
We are as well placed as we have been for a long time.
Can't believe some people care to complain.

I believe yes if we have the game style to slow up the opposition and they bomb it in then that will play into our hands.

I agree with this however with our inability to pressure the ball carrier coming out of our forward line, the ball certainly ain't coming in slow!

Gunner is a massive in. TOB not as much but handy all the same

I think Gunners is a round 2/3 inclusion.

I will say this again I don’t get why some are over the top in the Lewis excitement when IMO Timmy has him covered in every way you can think of.

Don’t get me wrong because I hope and prey that Lewis develops into the player we all want him to be, I just don’t see it, IMO Timmy is a massive in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will say this again I don’t get why some are over the top in the Lewis excitement when IMO Timmy has him covered in every way you can think of.

Don’t get me wrong because I hope and prey that Lewis develops into the player we all want him to be, I just don’t see it, IMO Timmy is a massive in.
Look i loved how Timmy finished last season and if he can maintain that form he will be a regular best 22 player but i disagree he has Lewis covered.

Lewis averaged 1.7 goals a game last season, something O'brien has never managed to do. Yes i know he has gone back at times but he has never maintained that sort of average over the course of a season.

Lewis averaged 2.5 contested marks per game last season, well above anything Timmy has ever managed and it has been a big complaint i have had with him. Gets 2 hands to the footy but struggles to hold them.

They are the two main things i want from a key forward and Lewis has him covered. Also need to take in to consideration age, Lewis did this in his first big stint in senior footy and did it at a younger age. I hope the end of last season was the making of O'Brien but Lewis has earned the hype behind him.

Look i loved how Timmy finished last season and if he can maintain that form he will be a regular best 22 player but i disagree he has Lewis covered.

Lewis averaged 1.7 goals a game last season, something O'brien has never managed to do. Yes i know he has gone back at times but he has never maintained that sort of average over the course of a season.

Lewis averaged 2.5 contested marks per game last season, well above anything Timmy has ever managed and it has been a big complaint i have had with him. Gets 2 hands to the footy but struggles to hold them.

They are the two main things i want from a key forward and Lewis has him covered. Also need to take in to consideration age, Lewis did this in his first big stint in senior footy and did it at a younger age. I hope the end of last season was the making of O'Brien but Lewis has earned the hype behind him.
Lewis is a very top talent in my view. Hasn’t had a great preseason. O’Brien is a great foil to him and I think they can work well together. O’Brien has very good skills which we lack in our forward line. Those two more than Patton will be keys to victory this season.

Lewis had 35 scoring shots last year playing half a season, being forced to play as the number one forward, also taking into consideration the low inside 50 per game average and the fact that he had trouble running out games due to a lack of fitness made his season all the more impressive.

Right now Lewis has a better case than O’Brien for a best 22 spot as he can not only play in the ruck but he also has more scope for improvement. O’Brien is competing with Gunston and he’s well behind him.

Anyone know about the Hawks intra-club this Thursday. Sicily mentioned it post Melbourne game. We definitely need it and if I can I'll pop down and give a report.
Um, excuse me this thread is for people’s angst about McEvoy playing in the backline. Please don’t ruin it with discussion about preseason training.

TOB has had about 5 good games in his career. Lewis has shown as much in his handful of games.

I reckon on current pre season form TOB has Lewis covered. He is under done and this latest injury may put him further behind. I think TOB starts ahead of him
I agree. I was a tad taken back how undergone Lewis looked in the St K game. Now with this ankle which looked a pretty bad one I don't think we will get any quality output from him for a while.

I agree. I was a tad taken back how undergone Lewis looked in the St K game. Now with this ankle which looked a pretty bad one I don't think we will get any quality output from him for a while.
Yeah agree with this assessment.
he looked very tentative all game and lacked either confidence and/or intensity, notwithstanding it was a pre season game

good chance he might be playing catch up for the first half of the season if not the whole year

Yeah agree with this assessment.
he looked very tentative all game and lacked either confidence and/or intensity, notwithstanding it was a pre season game

good chance he might be playing catch up for the first half of the season if not the whole year

Looks a bit leaner than last year - not going to help his confidence as a power forward

The entire season is a narrative; where we start and finish are likely going to be two different places.

...my hope is that our form doesn't cost us too much at the start of the season and bite us on the backside in September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back