Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Darren Minchington

Remove this Banner Ad

It must have been absolutely crushing to be let go when you have a good pre-season and all signs are you are going to get another year. I'm wrapped he took the news in a mature way, I would have hated for him to miss out on the late lifeline because he responded poorly (like sending an email to a list manager etc).

All the best Darren, glad you are with us for another year mate!

At the very least, his body holds up in the 2s, he performs and puts pressure on Puopolo & Hanrahan to perform. Would love to see him get a crack at it though, has the talent to do what we are lacking

This wreaks of desperation from the club and doesn’t sit well with me. Sorry your out, next minute .. hang on we actually need you now that Golds has done an ACL.

I was pretty bullish about us making the 8 this year but not so sure now. Hardwick and Impey are massive losses. We somehow need to gel the new backline, forward line and midfield quite quickly which is hard to do. Our first game is bloody tough as well, time will tell I guess

This wreaks of desperation from the club and doesn’t sit well with me. Sorry your out, next minute .. hang on we actually need you now that Golds has done an ACL.

I was pretty bullish about us making the 8 this year but not so sure now. Hardwick and Impey are massive losses. We somehow need to gel the new backline, forward line and midfield quite quickly which is hard to do. Our first game is bloody tough as well, time will tell I guess
How is this a signing of desperation? We lost a player who was depth & signed a player that is depth/possibility to play games. Seems like a logical move if anything...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s see how desperate he is to continue his AFL career considering it’s been a roller coaster of a ride so far for him, knowing that he has zero chance of continuing his career without playing some solid senior games. All the best of luck as he didn’t look too bad in the little I’ve seen him play.

Reeks* of desperation how?

It's the nature of the beast. We weren't able to select him before due to the priorities of the club, and then a situation arose where we could bring him back. Would it be better to just play a list spot down so Noel Gallagher on the BigFooty forum doesn't think we're desperate?

I’m so glad he’s on the list. I hope he cracks the team!

Genuinely feel like he'd add more than Ollie. Love the spark Ollie can provide, does some good things, but really just struggles to do it often enough.

The bonus is that he has performed as a midfielder that likes to kick a goal. Worst case scenario is we've spent a few bucks in wages. Injury free he can impact a game. All the best Minch.

The bonus is that he has performed as a midfielder that likes to kick a goal. Worst case scenario is we've spent a few bucks in wages. Injury free he can impact a game. All the best Minch.

I'd say the biggest bonus is that across 3 games, he averages 3 goals and 5 tackles a game against Geelong.

Minch is ready to go now if his body holds up. Ollie and Poppy will know now their spot is under threat if they don't perform. IMO we should play them all together. It's worked for Richmond can't see why we can't do it. It will allow Wingard to play midfield all game.

Minch is ready to go now if his body holds up. Ollie and Poppy will know now their spot is under threat if they don't perform. IMO we should play them all together. It's worked for Richmond can't see why we can't do it. It will allow Wingard to play midfield all game.
I'll also add if Jason Castagna can become a mainstay in a premiership team (average player with great pace and defensive skills) than our smalls are more than capable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back