Casefile podcasts

Remove this Banner Ad

The new one is long but worth it, the killer's last murder in the UK likely entirely preventable.
This was such an odd one. It genuinely sounded like a whole new case when he switched from Italy to England.

It’s disgusting what the church and the priest did to cover up the first murder.

Enjoyed the latest one. It's weird that the media seemed to want to label her as an attention seeker and therefore not a victim. Why cant she be both?
So not sure what to believe with that. I’m leaning towards she’s innocent - she doesn’t exactly seem bright enough to have avoided leaving any evidence.

Just because you don’t seem like a victim, doesn’t mean you aren’t one I suppose.

So not sure what to believe with that. I’m leaning towards she’s innocent - she doesn’t exactly seem bright enough to have avoided leaving any evidence.

Just because you don’t seem like a victim, doesn’t mean you aren’t one I suppose.
I've got no doubt in my mind that she was innocent, but I've also got no doubt that she saw it as an opportunity to self promote.

Not sure if this has been posted

About the early days of the Golden State Killer.

early in episode 2 came a very chilling interaction between a victim and a police officer

Richard said a few things then denied he'd said them later but Boris Milat is the one that went public saying Ivan had no conscience.
Didn't Ivan sleep with Boris' wife too... which would have given him good reason to speak up!

Have found the last 12 or so episodes a little underwhelming to be honest. Many cases that didn't have an outcome left me feeling dissatisfied with the journey.

Having said that I really enjoyed this week's 'Batavia' episode, intriguing and refreshing, maybe they're coming back into form after a run in the ruck

Last week's Lindy Chamberlain had me interested but again, no real solid outcome and as Australians we know the story pretty well.

Batavia was the first I've been fully invested in for a while.

Have found the last 12 or so episodes a little underwhelming to be honest. Many cases that didn't have an outcome left me feeling dissatisfied with the journey.

Having said that I really enjoyed this week's 'Batavia' episode, intriguing and refreshing, maybe they're coming back into form after a run in the ruck

Last week's Lindy Chamberlain had me interested but again, no real solid outcome and as Australians we know the story pretty well.

Batavia was the first I've been fully invested in for a while.
I haven't minded the last few, but didn't enjoy Batavia at all. Found it boring - least enjoyable of all 138!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't minded the last few, but didn't enjoy Batavia at all. Found it boring - least enjoyable of all 138!
Yeah I haven’t even bothered with it.
I’ve switched over to true crime garage.
Big catalogue and a different style with one main host and a second guy discussing cases.

Yeah I haven’t even bothered with it.
I’ve switched over to true crime garage.
Big catalogue and a different style with one main host and a second guy discussing cases.
I gave up on that one. The Captain annoyed me and they blocked access to older episodes that I wanted to hear so I thought, stuff em.

This podcast has been around for a while now. Anyone have any favourite episodes?

The ones that I would happily revisit are:

Case 76: Silk Road - fascinating account of a man who ran an online drug store on the dark web
81: Brian Wells - this one was truly bizarre and quite complex compared to your run of the mill crimes
84: Lesley Molseed - an awful crime that was heartbreakingly sad for two victims but in completely different ways
53: Eastside area rapist - comprehensive account of Californian serial rapist over 6 episodes
80: Beth Barnard - this one really got to me. There are many aspects of it that are unresolved

This podcast has been around for a while now. Anyone have any favourite episodes?

The ones that I would happily revisit are:

Case 76: Silk Road - fascinating account of a man who ran an online drug store on the dark web
81: Brian Wells - this one was truly bizarre and quite complex compared to your run of the mill crimes
84: Lesley Molseed - an awful crime that was heartbreakingly sad for two victims but in completely different ways
53: Eastside area rapist - comprehensive account of Californian serial rapist over 6 episodes
80: Beth Barnard - this one really got to me. There are many aspects of it that are unresolved
I like the ones where the real interview tapes are played
42: Sherri Rasmussen
50: Jennifer Pan

Silk Road was excellent.

The Frankston Killer(I grew up there and was living through it.. the last murder was within 2 kms of my house and I used to play footy at Lloyd park in Langy), I remember the time well. My GF at the time was going to Uni at Bundoora and was hours late getting home. Pre mobile phones and everyone was worried, but she was ok.

Jonestown was excellent and inspired me to read The Raven... an incredibly sad end for so many.

So many more I cant recall right now, though I find I prefer cases with a result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back