Fantasy 2020 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I haven't really had a chance to get stuck into this much lately. Just a question with my roster. It says I have 7.4 mil in cap space. Is that including the players off contract? So if I were to resign Brady to a 5.7 mil contract (which is what it says next to his name) would my cap then go down to under 2 mil for all the remaining rookies, veterans etc to then re-sign?
Also can we cut players on contracts? Or not?
And finally what is the roster limits. I have 3 kickers on my team, why on earth would I want that many? Do I need to have a minimum # of them.

Sorry I haven't really had a chance to get stuck into this much lately. Just a question with my roster. It says I have 7.4 mil in cap space. Is that including the players off contract? So if I were to resign Brady to a 5.7 mil contract (which is what it says next to his name) would my cap then go down to under 2 mil for all the remaining rookies, veterans etc to then re-sign?
Also can we cut players on contracts? Or not?
And finally what is the roster limits. I have 3 kickers on my team, why on earth would I want that many? Do I need to have a minimum # of them.
Ypur current salary cap amount INCLUDES the off contract players. This helps you decide which players you prefer not to re-sign to therefore increase your cap left over. That is what this March to April period of time is for....deciding which off contract players to let go in order to bump up your cap.

I remove all abilities from owners during this period, so you do not do anything yourself right now. I do it all manually. You just have to nominate which unlimited number of off-contract rookies you want to re-sign (1 or 2 yrs)...which two off contract vets you want to re-sign (2 or 3 years) and which (if any) max two vets you want to franchise tag.

Because off contract guys are on ZERO years right now, letting them go wont incur a cap hit.

Later, after your roster is full of contracted players with 1 - 5 years, and i have given everyone their full abilities to trade, sign, release, and you decide to release players yourself, thats when you get a dead money cap hit of 20% of salary multiplied by contract years. So a player with 5m salary and 0 yrs getting released is effectively ZERO dead money (20% of 5m is 1m times 0 = 0).

You cannot cut players on contracts right now. You will be able to AFTER this March-April period.

March-April is a period of time where everyone just has to nominate their re-signings of off contract players.

All the players you end up not re-signing will be placed in the Free Agent pool and people will be able to make auction bids for them (the money used is what cap space you have left to play with)....so it is important to create as much cap space during Mar-Apr if you want to engage in fierce bidding wars for desired FAs.

Right now there is no roster limit or position limits. You will have all of March, April, May, June, July, and August to populate your roster over the limits...because a few days before week 1 starts is when the 90m cap max and 36 man active roster deadline happens.

At that time....itll be max 36 active, max 9 taxi (new drafted rookies only), max 9 IRd, and position limits of QB 3, Rb/wr/te as one position max 13, kickers max 2, punters max 2, CB max 6, S max 6, Lb max 6, De max 6, Dt max 6

fu** sake GG.exe I sent the money to your outlook

Why have two emails which are so similar 🤬

It what you get for playing round with the Panthers moto.

Edit: * it. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie extensions

McCaffrey - 2 years
Jones - 2 years
Godwin - 2 years
Ogunjobi - 2 years
Smith - 1 year

Veteran extensions

Nil

Franchise tags

Ioannides - 2nd round
Waynes - 3rd round

Rookie

Tre'Davious White - 2 years
Budda Baker - 2 years
Marcus Maye - 1 year

Veteran

Arik Armstead - 3 years
Eric Kendricks - 2 years

Tag

Ben Roethlisberger - 2nd
Greg Zuerlein - 3rd

I said to Bill O'Brien get DJ even if it costs you Hopkins. The old man is about to come to life and the Leatherheads are going along for the ride lol

In that spirit then.....MOJAVE RIDERS......(pending any April changes).....

ROOKIES
Chris Carson 2
Joe Mixon 2
Olabisi Johnson 2
Steve Sims 2
George Kittle 2
Armon Watts 2
Maxx Crosby 2
Dre Greenlaw 2
Cole Holcomb 2
Jamel Dean 2
Justin Layne 2
Julian Love 2
Trayvon Mullen 2
Sean Murphy-Bunting 2
Jamal Adams 2
Chuck Clark 2
Malik Hooker 2

VETS
Ifeadi Odenigbo 2
Dorance Armstrong 2

TAGS
Marcus Mariota 2nd
Jordan Phillips 3rd

:(

In that spirit then.....MOJAVE RIDERS......(pending any April changes).....

ROOKIES
Chris Carson 2
Joe Mixon 2
Olabisi Johnson 2
Steve Sims 2
George Kittle 2
Armon Watts 2
Maxx Crosby 2
Dre Greenlaw 2
Cole Holcomb 2
Jamel Dean 2
Justin Layne 2
Julian Love 2
Trayvon Mullen 2
Sean Murphy-Bunting 2
Jamal Adams 2
Chuck Clark 2
Malik Hooker 2

VETS
Ifeadi Odenigbo 2
Dorance Armstrong 2

TAGS
Marcus Mariota 2nd
Jordan Phillips 3rd

:(

You'll have 80 players on your squad by the time you're done with the draft and free agency. Trying to break the dead cap record by July this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back