Preview Pedigree Bulldogs v CGU Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footy supporters generally - and BF supporters in particular - make their mind up pretty quickly about players. One horror game in an unsuited role last year and he's obviously a spud who shouldn't be on our list. A WB (Whipping Boy) for life.

Now I'm not at all convinced yet that he'll have a long and successful career but let's at least give him a few games in defence to see what he's got to offer. Nor am I saying Bevo gets it right every time but so many here seem to know far better than twice coach-of-the-year Bevo that I wonder why they aren't all coaching AFL sides.
Gia was a whipping boy for years because he played a few soft games in his first two seasons when he weighed about 60 kgs with rocks in his socks.

I'm happy to give Gardner a bit of time to develop. I do think our side is a little tall and not well balanced overall but Bevo has proven us wrong before.

Sorry to intrude, do you guys expect Cavarra to make way for Lipinski next week?

Cavarra & Lippa are very different players so I can't quite see it being one for one. It's more likely that one of Young and Gardner would go for Lippa.

Lets not forget that Gardner made his debut after being added to the senior list just a few days prior. That he struggled with the huge step up in class and tempo thus failing to have any sort of impact playing in the most demanding position on the ground is no reason to write him off. The least we can do is have a good look at him in his preferred position in games that before long will be seen as meaningless before doing that.

Lets not forget that Gardner made his debut after being added to the senior list just a few days prior. That he struggled with the huge step up in class and tempo thus failing to have any sort of impact playing in the most demanding position on the ground is no reason to write him off. The least we can do is have a good look at him in his preferred position in games that before long will be seen as meaningless before doing that.
He just simply isn’t a forward. Got some tools to make a go of lockdown key defender.
Imagine the melts on here if he’s at full forward first bounce.

Please pardon the intrusion and semi off topic contribution - is Lin Jong a genuine chance of playing senior football again for you, or are you just carrying his salary? I was astounded to find he was still listed, I hadn’t heard anything about him for over two years!

Thanks, and apologies once again for the intrusion, genuinely interested in your thoughts.

Please pardon the intrusion and semi off topic contribution - is Lin Jong a genuine chance of playing senior football again for you, or are you just carrying his salary? I was astounded to find he was still listed, I hadn’t heard anything about him for over two years!

Thanks, and apologies once again for the intrusion, genuinely interested in your thoughts.
He’s been injured on and off for 2 seasons. Just had another serious hamstring injury in preseason. Out of contract this year.
If he’d got through pre season he was a chance of playing.

He’s been injured on and off for 2 seasons. Just had another serious hamstring injury in preseason. Out of contract this year.
That explains the relative silence about him. Hope for his sake he recovers well but you’d have to fear injuries are a bit of a death knoll if you’re playing for your career in a shorter season which might feature reduced turnarounds between games.

That explains the relative silence about him. Hope for his sake he recovers well but you’d have to fear injuries are a bit of a death knoll if you’re playing for your career in a shorter season which might feature reduced turnarounds between games.
Yep, he took a short break away from the club back end of last season as well. Suggestion was that all the frustrating injuries were getting to him mentally. Was going well apparently then tore his hammy.

Yep, he took a short break away from the club back end of last season as well. Suggestion was that all the frustrating injuries were getting to him mentally. Was going well apparently then tore his hammy.
Fingers crossed for him and best of luck for this week, I think you might get us truth be told. I’ll leave you guys to enjoy your preview thread in peace, cheers for the info.

I wasn't aware that the Bulldogs were running a charitable organisation, with a clear mission to give mature age recruits every possible chance to make it, even if this is at the expense of proven senior performers with better lead in form.

I foolishly thought we were supposed to be a professional football club hell bent on putting our best team on the park and winning matches.
Sorry, my mistake. 😉

My misso just gave birth to Scrag Jnr today so we will be watching the game tonight at the Royal Women's. Strange times to be welcoming a new human into the world. Hoping the boys can get a win tonight for this new Doggies fan.

Congratulations, are you sure it’s hers?
Definitely a strange time, but hopefully things only get better from here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't aware that the Bulldogs were running a charitable organisation, with a clear mission to give mature age recruits every possible chance to make it, even if this is at the expense of proven senior performers with better lead in form.

I foolishly thought we were supposed to be a professional football club hell bent on putting our best team on the park and winning matches.
Sorry, my mistake. 😉
Is "every possible chance" supposed to be limited to two desperation games that come days after being drafted, in his non-preferred position?

Glad the football club doesn't write off players in Gardner's position so easily, or else the likes of Picken for us, or even Crozier at Fremantle, would have been delisted a long time ago

Most teams tend not to line-up as selected
I think the structure looks about right
Young might go back and Gardner second ruck off the bench, maybe?
Both teams should match-up well
Might be a battle of the stoppages / midfield
Go Dogs:)

My misso just gave birth to Scrag Jnr today so we will be watching the game tonight at the Royal Women's. Strange times to be welcoming a new human into the world. Hoping the boys can get a win tonight for this new Doggies fan.
Awesome. Welcome mini Scrag (or Scragette- you didn’t specify and I don’t assume). Congrats to your Mrs too

Congrats. Especially in times like these the birth of a child is a wonderful thing. It gives us all hope for the future.

Now, how about some of you other young bucks do your part to bring more joy into the world? :p

Congrats. Especially in times like these the birth of a child is a wonderful thing. It gives us all hope for the future.

Now, how about some of you other young bucks do your part to bring more joy into the world? :p
I'm sure it's not for want of trying. ;)

If you have over 1000 posts does your sproglet automatically qualify for BF on the FS/FD rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back