Game Day Freo v Essendon Round 1

Sep 4, 2004
People are calling for it but I really hope Jlo doesn't mention umpiring and i expect he wont, its such a shocking look when the coach sooks in the presser, Hardwick looked like a flog the other day.

We turned it over too many times without any pressure to blame the umps.

Sep 27, 2018
brisbane lions
Coming in with no expectations I'm pretty happy. They are obviously learning a new gameplan but when it clicks, its gonna work. However i expect it to take half a season or even a full season to click.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
People are calling for it but I really hope Jlo doesn't mention umpiring and i expect he wont, its such a shocking look when the coach sooks in the presser, Hardwick looked like a flog the other day.
That’s where you get personal.

In the NBA and NFL they get personal.

You name Leigh Fisher and expose his record against Freo.

mike91

Mar 13, 2011
Impressed by Tucker's ability to get himself right into the game after some terrible mistakes earlier.
Positives and negatives to this. Postives - what you said, spot on. Negatives - he ignored Sturts lead and got extremely lucky Sturt took a contested mark against Hurley, it was a poor kick. He tried to dance around the mark instead of pumping inside 50. He made poor decisions when the game was on the line

G Mus

Jun 30, 2015
Juventus
Dunno how Brayshaw is a “leader” always goes to water in big moments, was rested all game too

Sep 4, 2004
Positives and negatives to this. Postives - what you said, spot on. Negatives - he ignored Sturts lead and got extremely lucky Sturt took a contested mark against Hurley, it was a poor kick. He tried to dance around the mark instead of pumping inside 50. He made poor decisions when the game was on the line

Fair enough bit I still reckon there's heaps to work with there.

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
WA, Australia
If we can play consistently to the standard we set in that last quarter, there's a lot to like.

Take out our soft start and Townsend's rails ride from Fisher and the result looks significantly different.

Sturt is going to be something very special; although watch the AFL give the rising star nom to generic vic club draftee #4.

+ve's
- Massive improvement from almost everyone over the course of the game.
- Lobb is turning into a superstar
- After the first quarter, I was pretty happy with Cox. When he has his ******* back up he looks real good, if he can ever decide he wants to play at all times he'll be a star
- Nearly overcame some diabolical umpiring and being asleep the first quarter
- AB realising wins arent important and tanking for those draft picks
- Bewley shoving it up me and every other doubter with his clear best game at the level.

-ve's
- I dont like to complain about umpiring generally but that was some absolute bullshit
- Sam Sturt couldnt get the required 10 goals on debut, will have to lift next game
- Kicking into the forward half diabolical for 3 quarters
- AB still cant kick on goal - tanking or not
- Young guys disappeared (except Sturt) the first 3 quarters.
- Very very obvious gulf between the AFL players on our list and the WAFL players, the sooner we get Serong, Young and Henry in, the better
- We are clearly better with Lobb in the ruck than up forward but we need him up forward but we need him in the ruck...

Sep 22, 2011
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
One great quarter. Three putrid. We tend to play down Essendon’s level of late don’t we? Hard to get going and get on top.
Will be 3-4 changes next weekZ

muzzington

Angry Anderson Batmobile Extravaganza
Jun 14, 2011
Yeah, I'm stretching for some positives but I can't fault him too much for showing some initiative which is what I've always wanted him to do.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
Weird game, played poorly for 3 quarters, got an absolute reaming from the umps, but nearly won.

Considering this season will go in the bin soon, nothing to be too upset with. Especially watching Lobb dominate, and Sturt stamp himself as an AFL player.

Hopefully we ease the more skilful players like Sturt, Young and Henry in to eventually replace the WAFL triers over the remaining games and the team will have a lot more class.

jabba5114

Jan 23, 2014
Where did nat fyfe get his swollen eye? Unlucky loss. Good comeback unlucky in the end for you guys

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk