Autopsy Rd 1 Geelong lose to GWS by 32 points

Remove this Banner Ad

What did we learn from the MArsh series that changed?

Who was good tonight?

And is 0 kick in 3/4 good enough for next week?

GO Catters

Rough start

What did we learn from the MArsh series that changed?

Who was good tonight?

And is 0 kick in 3/4 good enough for next week?

GO Catters

Rough start

We learned tonight that the Marsh series was a perfectly accurate indicator of our credentials this year.

We haven't learned anything. Still doing the same old same old.

Get Simpson, Parfitt and CC in. Now.

Pretty expected result really.
In general was... well not pleased, but not disappointed, with what we showed, outside of some terrible efforts and unforgivable fumbles anyway.
Gaz and Duncan were very good, Hawkins ok with a few others providing something along the way.
Bottom 3 were comfortably Zuthrie, Sav and Menegola. Oh and whoever allowed a spud 5 gamer to kick 4 goals on them...

Last edited:
Can't get too upset at the result. Clearly GWS are a good side.

Feels a bit disappointing that the MC seem to handicap us from the outset through their team selection though. And then some of the same old problems from previous years don't seem to have been addressed. Feels all so familiar.

Onwards and upwards though, we're going to play plenty of worse teams than GWS.

I'm now on the bandwagon. Get rid of both Guthrie's... I used to somewhat semi-defend C Guthrie, didn't mind him. But I reckon we should trade them if we can.

If we tank this year, as no one is making money from crowd's, say we end up Bottom 4, so 15th. What would our draft picks then be? Pick 4, 10, WCE 1st (prob 16th), 22? (plus some might get shift back with bidding)??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly predictable result. Still showing no signs of any system going inside 50, just kick it in and hope we get into enough space to generate a scoring shot. Atleast tonight showed it loud and clear, our inside 50 efficiency is horrible and will need it to be corrected if we are going to compete...but that's been true for the last 4 years and shows no signs of happening yet. Stats wise the rest of our game was competitive, but if we cant convert then it amounts to naught.

Sav - Out, Zuthrie - Out.
A few more on thin ice.

Can't get too upset at the result. Clearly GWS are a good side.

Feels a bit disappointing that the MC seem to handicap us from the outset through their team selection though. And then some of the same old problems from previous years don't seem to have been addressed. Feels all so familiar.

Onwards and upwards though, we're going to play plenty of worse teams than GWS.
I agree. GWS is a good side. Very good side. Top 4 chance this year for sure, anything can happen in Finals.

Ins: Jenkins, Parfitt/Steven, Bews
Out: Sav, Zuthrie, Atkins

For all the over the top furore over Cam and Zac's metres gained by Bateman, only 3 men failed to register positive metres gained.
Sam Taylor, a key defender. Adam Kennedy, who went off injured... and Quinton Narkle.

Our two whipping boys copped it because no one expects them to be good. For Narkle to have 12 touches (and a million fumbles) for 0 metres gained is deplorable. In the Parfitt basket for mine. Not convinced and well and truly overhyped on here.

Special mention to Menegola, The Guthrie’s, Atkins Rohan and Sav, you’re all spuds. Don’t think I can pull one positive from the game apart from I’m positive we’ll be s**t this year. There is just no game plan or system what so ever.

Overall I think it was a decent performance. It's clear GWS are a very, very good side and were out for revenge after one of the all-time great humiliations. GWS too good.

Just unlucky to have faced them tonight.

We learned that this dour defensive game plan doesn't work. We look lethargic and a bit unhappy. Even in the last quarter we'd mark and prop, mark and prop. Not looking good

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Trouble is everyone else learned ages ago that our cumbersome game plan doesn't work, but we're persisting with it.

Zero tackles between Rohan and Atkins is poor, it was a very quick game so tackle count would be down.
I would love to have Daniels in Geelong colors, kid has skills
Cats were after Daniels in that draft year. That kid has serious wheels. Quality player. Instead we went for Lachie Fogarty. Let's see how that pans out

We need to make changes..

Coach must leave please.
MC must be overhauled

Drop the Guthries
Bring in Constable
Bring in Paffitt
Drop Sav we have a replacement

How would this weakin our team????

Hawkins can not be relied on. He lets us down too often and kicks his goals when the heat is off.
Leave Blic at full back no matter what
If Danger has an ordinary game we have no hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back