COVID-19 in sport/AFL. News and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

My birthday celebration with about 40 people is due to be held next sunday.... is that allowed?
currently, if it's indoors you need to have at least 140sqm to be deemed satisfactory.
however, i would suggest you cancel it, or just celebrate with immediate family to reduce risk.

currently, if it's indoors you need to have at least 140sqm to be deemed satisfactory.
however, i would suggest you cancel it, or just celebrate with immediate family to reduce risk.
it is outside.....

it would be a shame for all of this money that ive put into it and preparation to go down the drain....

it is outside.....

it would be a shame for all of this money that ive put into it and preparation to go down the drain....
you're not the only one, mate. if you think of the bigger picture, there's a lot worse that's happening in the world than a losing a party worth the value of $100-1000. people's overseas holidays are being lost (mine included), businesses going under, industries crashing, the afl now being postponed, not to mention the countless people getting sick and dying. for the good of the nation, practice some social distancing and have a smaller party if not at all. or better yet, postpone it until next year ;)

TBH, I think we really need to worry about the future of the club in general other than just our players. The AFL will be looking to get rid and tightening up the belt. Us and the smaller clubs will be the first to go.
I don't pretend to be an economist but, there is no chance we will be folded.

The Titans on the other hand..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing Dew had the instincts to throw Round 1 last night against Port.
Knowing we would be bottom of the ladder and hand Gold Coast pick 1 of the 2020 draft once the season gets cancelled.
Dewy and the Coch playing 4D chess.

You love to ******* see it boys.

I'm not worry at all AFL will get rid of GCS, just as I'm not worry my soccer team Liverpool don't get the best chance for EPL flag this season.

I had the opportunity to listen to experts answering questions.

Enjoy exponential growth of new cases next two weeks at least (paying price for doing nothing 2 weeks ago). It takes min 2 weeks to see any effects of measures implemented.

Do we end up like Italy? No, most probably in the middle between Italy (worst) and South Korea, Singapore (best).

Medical system will be tested.

There is a danger of recurrence of spike if measures are relaxed after initial one gets under control.

Forget anti-malaria drugs at the moment - still only experimental trials. Because of stupid Trump several people already died in US from overdosing themselves.

Vaccines entering animal testing phase. Unfortunately, still min 12 months to go.

Get flu shot. You don't want to get flu and corona virus at the same time.

Practice social distancing and get used to it. Work from home if you can. This will be going on for min a year.

Last edited:
I'm really interested what they mean by 'footy department staff', who would that include?
Everyone excluding the CEO and secretary, Football manager, maybe head coach. Might keep one person on in membership to answer the phone calls of people wanting refunds.

Realistically clubs like ours aren’t going to need a lot of staff around when there are no games, or training.

Things are going to get worse before they get better.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of sponsorship is lost on the other side.

I can even see tv rights deal being torn up and renegotiated, at a much lower figure, meaning the tpp will be much lower.

Fox Sports are in real trouble from what I’ve heard privately.

Enjoy exponential growth of new cases next two weeks at least (paying price for doing nothing 2 weeks ago). It takes min 2 weeks to see any effects of measures implemented.

Do we end up like Italy? No, most probably in the middle between Italy (worst) and South Korea, Singapore (best).

There is a danger of recurrence of spike if measures are relaxed after initial one gets under control.

Forget anti-malaria drugs at the moment - still only experimental trials. Because of stupid Trump several people already died in US from overdosing themselves.

Vaccines entering animal testing phase. Unfortunately, still min 12 months to go.

Practice social distancing and get used to it. Work from home if you can. This will be going on for min a year.
Yup, been saying the same. I’ve been listening to the experts since this started in January in Wuhan (their lockdown).

Think this is the clear common sense summary of the medical aspect.

The economic fallout - anyone have a good understanding of that field that can postulate what the foreseeable future is other than 'disaster'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back