Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They say that we should limit leaving the house and public spaces will be closed, yet we will still risk getting infected on the way to work, and at work lmao.
What is the f**king point...
tenor.gif

With kids ability to use technology this day and age it seems like a massive blunder for schools to remain open.

Well, I think schools aren't innovative enough but they could, even in normal times, email projects or even create an online portal with activities for students to complete.

Then you could have Skype/facetime with teachers if you have questions. At the end of each topic they could upload a video of a teacher running through the answers. A bit like an online uni I guess.

With kids ability to use technology this day and age it seems like a massive blunder for schools to remain open.

There is the awesome story from China of all the kids banding together and reporting the app that was used to deliver their homework, resulting in it being removed from the App Store and therefore them having weeks without homework before an alternative could be delivered.

Well, I think schools aren't innovative enough but they could, even in normal times, email projects or even create an online portal with activities for students to complete.

Then you could have Skype/facetime with teachers if you have questions. At the end of each topic they could upload a video of a teacher running through the answers. A bit like an online uni I guess.
I'm quite excited at a potential silver lining of this situation being a change in the way we educate students. There's a lot of potential in the methods being trialled currently. The video conferencing with live messaging with students seems the way to go for this instance, though a lot of schools are just putting the work on online portals, which doesn't seem sufficient to me.

That was tough to watch and get into it. Didn't really mean anything to me.

Flat. Life goes on. Feel sorry for all the wage cuts and sacking about to come in footy clubs and anything else related to it. But no different to what's going on out there in most other businesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a host of apps already available that schools can use for this task - my children's primary provided me with the name of the app they intend to use in case of shutdown along with QR codes that allow them to logon.

A big problem is the assumption that kids are good with technology.

They really aren't. And neither are their parents, who they turn to for support.

source: doing a lot of online teaching
The biggest problem is how slack parents are in disciplining their kids and letting them run rampant.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Lends evidence to the argument that partial shutdowns of people movements are insufficient in containing this virus.
I've already told my parents to isolate. They are in an extremely high risk age bracket, and my dad has significant co-morbidities. Gotta be smart and get ahead of it. Most people don't seem to realise that.

I've already told my parents to isolate. They are in an extremely high risk age bracket, and my dad has significant co-morbidities. Gotta be smart and get ahead of it. Most people don't seem to realise that.
My parents also high risk age bracket. Got enough food for a few months. Managed to buy some N95 masks online for my dad to wear to his immunotherapy appointments. Hand sanitiser is more difficult to source though.

My parents also high risk age bracket. Got enough food for a few months. Managed to buy some N95 masks online for my dad to wear to his immunotherapy appointments. Hand sanitiser is more difficult to source though.
My mum's a bit of a hoarder, so there's always been a few month's supply of food at their place!

The biggest concern for me is that people are still going to work even if there's a chance they might be infected. I don't think there's been enough advice/enforcement from the government or from most workplaces for people to stay home if there's any chance they may be infected. Blame them all you want, but considering that most people won't qualify to be tested, if it turns out that they don't actually have it and simply have a simple cold/allergy, they will be too concerned about losing wages for nothing if they don't have any sick leave left or sick leave available (e.g casual workers). Losing wages even for a week or two could place a big financial strain on some people.

I feel like most people won't choose to self isolate unless they're they legally obligated to such as people who have returned from overseas at the risk of penalties, or if they have been in contact with an infected person and are responsible enough to do so.

Last edited:
Just saw footage of Gil’s conference, the bloke looks like he hasn’t slept in weeks.

He cops his fair share of criticism but I certainly don’t envy the position he’s in. The call he’s had to make today wouldn’t have been easy.
Yeah his pay would be s**t

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back