News AFL 2020 Season Suspended

Remove this Banner Ad

Rock paper scissors.

But seriously if we don't play again I have no idea idea.

It's the AFL, making s**t up as they go along is their specialty.

Imagine Rock, Paper, Scissors with Dodoro. He would make the other person show their hand before he showed his.

I think that 'if', and that's a massive If, the death rate remains very low, there will be some efforts to restart society from May.

That would probably include things like the AFL season resuming with no crowds etc ...

Cant be far away from gym closures, hair dressers stopping, dentists, physios, and a few other things we take for granted.
Our gym has dropped us all down to $3.50 a week charge to “keep the franchisee going”. The hundreds of dollars I pay them for not using the facilities isn’t mentioned :(

Our gym has dropped us all down to $3.50 a week charge to “keep the franchisee going”. The hundreds of dollars I pay them for not using the facilities isn’t mentioned :(
Wow. They should at least put up some exercise routines or downloadable content if they are charging a fee. My gym suspended all payments automatically with no need to ring up.

When would the latest we could start to complete a season?

think we can Go less than the 17 games to get a season in imo

my proposal for a bare min
2 conferences
8 games each team
That can be done in a month (each team plays twice per week)
Then finals done in 2 weeks (top 2 teams in each conference)
Whole season taking only 6 weeks
Can start mid October and finish start of December

When would the latest we could start to complete a season?

think we can Go less than the 17 games to get a season in imo

my proposal for a bare min
2 conferences
8 games each team
That can be done in a month (each team plays twice per week)
Then finals done in 2 weeks (top 2 teams in each conference)
Whole season taking only 6 weeks
Can start mid October and finish start of December

The AFL & it seems the players too, are desperate for money.

So, they're both probably willing to forget all the nonsense they said to fans about not playing SOO, or the importance of the off-season, or making the season shorter or longer, or interstate travel ...

They'll probably have a carnival in the middle of summer, multiple games per week, in the one state, to "finish" the season...so that they get their $$$$.

Instead of just writing off the 2020 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rock paper scissors.

But seriously if we don't play again I have no idea idea.
I don’t have time to look at all the pages, but is there no risk management in any sports around the world, no “what if” there was a sarin attack? Does nobody’s save any money? What are the responsibilities of a responsible CEO?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back